Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Escentual's Buxom Lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I love this lip gloss! I've been using Buxom lips in "Ginger" and "Dolly" for almost 3 wks now. My lips are smooth and hydrated. The colours are beautiful and last quite a long time for a gloss. There is a cooling, tingling sensation when I apply it and when I lick my lips. It seems to make my lips appear full which hides those tiny lines on upper lip. It did not bleed on me. It did not feel goopy or overly sticky. An O.K scent that doesn't overwhelm. It is not frosty looking. It really did improve the condition of my lips.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I personally love the Buxom Lips lipglosses. They don't plump my lips as much as lipfusion does, but I really like the cooling factor and the colors. Bunny and Zena (I think thats the name of it) are my favorites! Amber is really pretty too Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all of the above. Ordered one lip gloss in a natural colour. Tingling is the thing I am missing wearing any other product. I will definitely order Buxom again. Would be nice if there was a mini collection of colors. Razz
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I did see a mini collection of the Buxom colours. Can't remember if it was here at EDS or Sephora. Wish I'd bought one whenever, wherever I first noticed it!
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I am going to have to disagree. Yes Buxom has that tingling plumping action however, I personally thought it was overly sticky. I loved the smell of it and they way it made my lips feel but again couldn't get over that tackiness. So I got a free sample of Laura Mercier Lip Plumper with a Sephora order and I'm completely sold! It's quite pricey for my budget but lasts a great deal of time because I don't feel the need to wipe it off and reapply like with the tacky products I've used before. LM smells good and has beautiful sheens available. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am just curious about the ingredients - is the lip gloss made of minerals as well? TIA Rolling Eyes
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have exact ingredients but the description says "minerals". Not much help but I'm now also interested.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
me too.. what are the ingredients?
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I am also curiosity at this issue.Anyone can give us the answer? Wink
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Found it at Sephora.

Quote:
Amber:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Octyldodecanol, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Silica, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200).

Bambi:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Octyldodecanol, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Silica, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200).

Brandi:

Candi:

Dolly:

Ginger:
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Woooooo...Thank you!!!Dear Sharkbait Very Happy
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like this gloss. It is just way to sticky and the tingling lasts to long.
I had to wipe it off.
Me not a fan Sad
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sharkbait. I'm not hungry anymore! That's a lot of stuff. Sort of scary.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
The Shopping Channel is having the Buxon Babes Diamond Lips 4pc Kit for $28.50.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product/beauty/397276.do?&N=100038+128821&cm_mmc=newsletter-_-Beauty-_-081129-_-BareMinerals

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I love this! Got it in a kit, so didnt specifically order it. Now I love it. Slightly pumps up my lips. Great!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have this in Dolly and really like this as a gloss but what ever the plumping ingredient is really bothers my lips. It makes my lips feel swollen but when I look in the mirror thankfully they dont look as big as they feel.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |