Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skincare for men!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for some good skincare products for my husband, but need some advice! I'm mainly focusing om a facial cleanser and a body wash. He has normal skin, but occasionally breaks-out on his back. His face is fine, onle one pimple now and then.

Hope you all can give me some advice! Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
How about the Anthony Logistic's skincare line for men or Dermalogica.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Just had a look at Anthony logistic and Dermalogica. They seems ok, but I do not have much experience with either of them. But I noticed that it seems like skincare lines for men are much cheaper than those for women (or unisex). Strange...
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I'm a guy and I wouldn't buy Anthony Logistics. Too many irritating and/or possibly comedogenic ingredients. I tried a lot of their stuff previously...not a fan.

For cleanser, how about a glycolic acid cleanser? I rec Jan Marini's Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser. Using it before you shave can help razor bumps, and the glycolic acid has some retexturizing benefits.

For bodywash, I'm not really sure. I've never broken out on my body, ever. (Unfortunately, cause I'd rather have spared my face all the trouble) but Paula's Choice (www.cosmeticscop.com) offer some great body washes, and lotions for that type of problem. They are extremely generous with samples as well.

If he needs moisture, Clinique MSE for Men is an awesome product. (And the only thing I'll ever use from them)

Hope this helps, there is a lot of brands I stay away from...I've tried to so many...most in regards to shaving products, etc etc.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, dalguy! I hoped you would drop by and share your knowledge Very Happy

I'll stay away from A.L. Didn't really find anything anyway. Have you tried Babors mens line? I'm tempted to buy him some of those products...mostly because I love Babor myself.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:49 am      Reply with quote
you could always try sircuit skin ...they were developed for men but do lot's of other cool looking stuff so you could get him into serious skincare and then 'borrow' his stuff Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok...I've to admit I've a hidden agenda here.. Embarassed I want to find some cleansers etc. which I can "borrow" at need, so I'm considering dermalogca since they have some stuff I want to try... Cool
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:23 am      Reply with quote
You could use the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Cleanser for yourself too Smile (Unless you have particularly sensitive skin, or can't use AHA products for whatever reason)

No, I haven't tried Babor, sorry! I've been thinking about purchasing the Decleor Men's Giftset though...I'm dying to try the shaving oil.

I haven't tried enough Dermalogica products to really comment, but I don't really have any interest in their line, either.

Paula's Choice has some great, well formulated options like I said...they will send samples of any of their products if you email their customer service. Generic packaging as well.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:34 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Aurora, I would seriously consider the sircuit skin stuff. Guapaboy has just seen the catalogue which came with my stuff (Yes! it has arrived Very Happy Very Happy Very HappyVery Happy) and is seriously impressed, tho shocked at $ (I told him it was half that in 'real' money Laughing ).
I will be doing a review soon, though I can say that I am already addicted to the heavy water mist stuff Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:36 am      Reply with quote
my hubby has 2 favs, both of which I use at times too.

1. Aqua glycolics face cleanser. He uses as pre-shave for razor bumps and I love it for a no-fuss gentle morning cleanse.

2. tea tree cleansing bar from epiderm. It is good for oil control and stopping breakouts.

both are super great if you dont like a "taught" feeling or a filmy feel on the skin after cleansing.

Better still, both are cheapies. Very Happy Makes up for his love of Creme de la mer as a face cream Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:27 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Makes up for his love of Creme de la mer as a face cream Rolling Eyes

Shock Shock Shock Shock no offence guys, but isn't that a bit like feeding a pig strawberries? I hope he shares!
rofl

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
sadly, it is totally MY fault that he developed this liking for the stuff. I gave him my half-used jar when I changed over to Decleor .. I never imaginged he would really like it, but he says that

1. it is not greasy
2. it absorbs into his skin quickly rather than sitting on top
3. keeps away the dry flaky skin around his nose.

Now how am I supposed to deprive someone who can actually validate why he likes a product better than the other half-dozen or so he has tried? Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing well if he's payiing for it! I put my ayton moon trial creams into a nice pot for guapa boy and he doesn't even notice. I may try and foster his interest in sircuit skin tho, even the x-trap wash looks good!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh...seems I have to be careful not to give my husband too expensive habits Laughing

Guapagirl, where did you buy your sircuit products? Do you have a link?? How is the shipping to Europe?

Otherwise Jan Marini looks grest, but EDS do ot ship that line to Europe... Sad

Thanks for all your input!! Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aurora
here's the link...

http://www.sircuitskin.com/

I got the molecular mist and sample sizes of skin addict and OMG. Only tried the mist so far and it is seriously addictive! I'm worried I'll use it so fast that I won't be able to afford the habit! Laughing
I ordered last sunday and it came today. That's not ordered yesterday btw! It comes VERY well packed in this groovy black shredded zigzag paper that the kids have now spread around the house!
The sample bags look like a bargain but they didn't have the OMG. God. I am such a sucker! rofl

Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Just coming to the defence of Anthony Logistics .... Embarassed

I'm not sure about the entire range but I know that the shaving cream eventually got a thumbs down from my other half but he has 'requested' that I buy him the Facial Moisturizer SPF 15. He's really picky, and, on top of that, he's sceptical about skin care. So I'm guessing that he's quite impressed with the moisturiser Smile

I agree though, perhaps a cleanser with glycolic acid in it (MDF makes one) and a shower gel with some AHAs too? The only shower gel that comes to mind is one of the Peter Thomas Roth ones. The breakouts on his back could be due to lack of exfoliation (it's a hard area to reach). So maybe getting a brush for the shower or one of those japanese shower cloth things? Dermalogica makes one of those but I haven't tried it.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:55 am      Reply with quote
So far i've decided to get him a shower gel from Phytomer for Men. I'm also looking into a facial cleanser, but maybe that has to wait. But I'm wondering about shaving products for men who uses electric shavers. I think he could use a after shave balm, but does it matter that he doesn't use blades?
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Have you guys checked out these site from UK? It features products on Skincare for Men.

http://www.mankind.co.uk/

I think Zirh is quite popular here in the States.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |