Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How old were you when you started noticing fine lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I have read lots of posts on EDS about people only noticing fine lines uder their eyes in the 40's...

I was wondering is this the norm???

I'm 26 and first started to notice very fine lines at about 24...

I have no other lines on ym face though so maybe my eye area will be the worst affected or something..

Very interested as to other people's experiences...

Vee Smile
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
The first fine line on my face is under my eyes.It is about 25. Confused
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
The first fine line on my face is under my eyes.It is about 28.
bee_g
5% products discount

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
For me the first fine line on my face was around my mouth..i was around 25 then..
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just before I turned 28 (2 months ago), I noticed a few little lines around my eyes. No lines anywhere else though. For once, a blessing to have oily skin!
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that I'm another late-20s gal who has also just started noticing fine lines around the eyes. I think it's mostly that I can see where the lines will *eventually* be -- they're very fine right now. I've been a sunscreen freak since at least junior high... but after awhile we just keep smiling and frowning and worrying, so I suppose the crinkles are natural. Smile At least that's what I'm telling myself!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Everyone gets his/her fine lines under eyes near 30's. No lines until 40's? Impossible unless he/she never laughs during the entire life!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Fine lines usually depend on skin type and the amount of sun exposure you've had, but the deeper lines, crows feet and 11s, the ones you get Botox for, are caused by changes in the muscle underneath puckering the skin. Early on these can look like fine lines too! I'm 45 and honestly don't have either type of line unless I'm actually making the expression, although I used to have both.

Not that this means I look 20, but it's nice not to have them!
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm 24 and I'm noticing some very fine lines on my forehead and eyes Confused Thankfully they are really fine. But the other thing that bugs me is the neck crease lines! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Samantha, neck lines are hard to do much about because you're usually born with them, but other people don't notice them.... Naomi Campbell has really deep neck rings yay! Very Happy
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
well I'm glad it's not just me seeing lines on my 20's lol!

I presume that these lines can be targeted and thus prevented from getting worse to say someone who never tries to use decent creasm etc.

I also presume it's all about genetics as some of my friends are 30 and I can't see any lines around their eyes unless they smile - mind you I bet they can see some - as my boyfriend says to me often - you see them on you because you look insanely closely!! other people don't look at you that closely so don't notice so you think everyone else looks much better but in reality it's cos you can't see what they can see..

perhaps a bit of truth in that...
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Very tiny crow feet under my eyes after 25. Sad And after 32 I could feel something was happening to my neck. Embarassed There is definitely decline in skins elasticity after 25. The sooner one starts looking after it the better really. Idea
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
my personal tip for preventing serious lines around the eyes, WEAR SUNGLASSES ALL YEAR LONG! Whenever I go out, I wear shades and I really think it has helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I`ve got my under eye lines and mild crows feet at late 20s Sad
yes, wear sunglasses - squinting will bring you crows feet and 11s lines Shock
I`ve noticed that on myself Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with that. I feel uncomfortable without sunglasses now as I have been wearing them for years once the sun is out. And somewhere I read that wearing sunglasses is actually good for women's gynaecological health. So girls that is another must have Cool .
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
bondgirl wrote:
I totally agree with that. I feel uncomfortable without sunglasses now as I have been wearing them for years once the sun is out. And somewhere I read that wearing sunglasses is actually good for women's gynaecological health. So girls that is another must have Cool .

oh my, what do sunglasses have to do with women`s gynaecological health?? Shock
how do they influence?? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
All the lines I've noticed before I got 27 were imaginary! Only now I realize that Wink
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
bondgirl wrote:
I totally agree with that. I feel uncomfortable without sunglasses now as I have been wearing them for years once the sun is out. And somewhere I read that wearing sunglasses is actually good for women's gynaecological health. So girls that is another must have 8) .

oh my, what do sunglasses have to do with women`s gynaecological health?? :shock:

The bad news is that I had to wear my glasses. Or i can't see stuffs. I just don't like contact lens!

And, I can see my fine lines too. I'm one of the 20s~
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
bondgirl wrote:

Believe it or not there are receptors on the back of the eye lining that reflect the state of some of your internal organs. For instance, the ophthalmologist can tell if you have a high blood pressure or your vessels are affected by diabetes. Retina is a sensitive matter and there is a lot doctors do not know yet. I simply shared with you what I read a long time ago and unfortunately have no reference of.
Wink
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am 22 turning 23 and I already started noticing fine lines under my eyes and there is one on my forehead...
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
In my mid 20's, fine lines around the eyes and those lovely || lines between the eyes. I began using good products and haven't noticed much change in the lines since...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
bondgirl wrote:
Aiva wrote:
bondgirl wrote:

Believe it or not there are receptors on the back of the eye lining that reflect the state of some of your internal organs. For instance, the ophthalmologist can tell if you have a high blood pressure or your vessels are affected by diabetes. Retina is a sensitive matter and there is a lot doctors do not know yet. I simply shared with you what I read a long time ago and unfortunately have no reference of.
Wink

how interesting Smile

then it`s my turn to share with you what I read a long time ago Smile

when you wear sunglasses, wear ONLY good, high quality, providing high UVA/UVB protection sunglasses. Never * spam * sunglasses of some high-end brand.
The reason is the health of your eyes:
when you go without singlasses, the pupils of your eyes contract, so retina of your eyes gets natural protection from UVA/UVB of the bright sun.
But when you wear dark sunglasses, the pupils dilate, so the pupils are fooled by the dark glass that there is little sun, but if the sunglasses do not provide good UVA/UVB protection, the retina is getting much more UVA/UVB through dilated pupils than if you were not wearing sunglasses at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
At the age of 24 I started to see the first fine lines around my eyes.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I am 30 and I got lines around my eyes when I was 24.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was probably around 24 or 25. I'm now 30 and apply Murad Essential c eye cream every morning and Juara Sweet Black Tea Eye Cream at night.

I really need to get a good pair of sunnies for the summer though as I find myself squinting in the sunlight and that's not a good thing for my fine lines
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |