Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi C-Rx: Should I try it ? Pros/Cons
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I want to see some dramatic changes in my skin, the C-Rx seems like a better bet than the NuDerm- which seems just too strong for me , not to mention to expensive.

Based on what i read on Obagi new derm is more for yonger skin with less sun damage.

What I mainly want is a more even skin tone, control of occasional t zone breakouts and smoother looking skin- my skin looks somewhat bumpy on the forehead but it is not- i dont know what that is called.... ohh and some pore reduction and blackhead removal of the tzone ( i want too much from this product probably)

Anyhow, should i do this? or should i try other random products?

Or should i just add Obagi 20% vit C to my decleor routine?

I am soo confused. This all feels like trial and error
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 am      Reply with quote
How old are you? 20% VC is for elder people. Besides, Vc is effective to boost collagen regeneration and reduce pigmentation, but not to eradicate black heads. AHA/BHA seems more helpful for you.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:46 am      Reply with quote
julian_y wrote:
How old are you? 20% VC is for elder people. Besides, Vc is effective to boost collagen regeneration and reduce pigmentation, but not to eradicate black heads. AHA/BHA seems more helpful for you.

I am 24 so probably the vit c at 20 is not for me, but what about at other percentages?

The Obagi C-rx was about 55 Bucks for ALL 3 products, i couldnt resisit. ... I will try it with the RX portion of the line too and see what happens, hopefully something happens.
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Malishka31 wrote:
julian_y wrote:

I am 24 so probably the vit c at 20 is not for me, but what about at other percentages?

The Obagi C-rx was about 55 Bucks for ALL 3 products, i couldnt resisit. ... I will try it with the RX portion of the line too and see what happens, hopefully something happens.

The price is Wow! C-Clarifying Serum of the rx line is not recommended because the serum contains 4% hydroquinone which has several side effects.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes i was thinking of just getting regular C serum and foregoing the Hydroquone stuff. Especially since it can be carcorogenic.

What about the night cream, doe sit have that stuff?

I was thinking of doing

Crx wash
Obagi Pro C- serum at 15%
Crx Exfoliant Cream
Crx Sunscreen

At night just Crx and Crx Night.

Do you think that would do anything though for my skin tone?
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I checked the Obagi-C System Therapy Night Cream on EDS. Unfortunately, it does contain "Hydroquinone 40 mg/gm in a base of Purified Water".

Vc Lightens and brightens skin, so it can improve your skin tone. However, personally speaking, 15% for 24 years old? I much prefer you start with 10%.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
so 3 things arrived today. No serum and no night cream because i did not order them

Anyhow after reading the pamphlet it is a good thing anyways because I wouldnt be able to use the night cream due to the sulfates.

I used the cleansing gel and well- m'eh. Its ok i guess.. I do find it VERY drying though.

I will have to use this stuff either way so afterwards I had to apply Skinceuticals B5 gel, then Decleor Rose D'orient, and only then my skin felt moderetly better. Confused

Right now i am regretting that i spend money and this when my Decleor was serving me well.
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Don't be sad. Try to use Obagi during warmer days and maybe then you'll find it not that drying.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
WEll the exfoliating cream is AMAZING . It is making such a huge difference in my skintone.

It was a bit tingly and itchy at first but now only two days and no more tingle but my skin looks great!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
julian_y wrote:
Don't be sad. Try to use Obagi during warmer days and maybe then you'll find it not that drying.

Yes, this is true..When I use Obagi in the summer, my skin was not that dry. But these days,,,it kills my skin...strechy and dried,,,flacky...itchy..hurts alot... Sad ..During the summer, it was not that bad..
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |