Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dry skin + acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I need to find a everyday moisturizer for the face however it is so hard to find one because i have acne + congested skin yet my skin is fairly dry. There are a lot of moisturizers out there that are for acne type skin, but they are not hydrating enough. If i use a very hydrating moisturizer, there is too much oil and thus causes clogged pores and acne. Any suggestions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
My skin gets really dry during a winter and I have breakouts sometimes. The only cream I use during this period is Cellcosmet Sensitive Day and Night. It moisturises enough and keeps from breaking out. Another alternative for me would be Valmont Regenera 1.
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I need to find a everyday moisturizer for the face however it is so hard to find one because i have acne + congested skin yet my skin is fairly dry. There are a lot of moisturizers out there that are for acne type skin, but they are not hydrating enough. If i use a very hydrating moisturizer, there is too much oil and thus causes clogged pores and acne. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I've tested out tons of moisturizers that just did not work for me. Now I use Garden of Wisdom HA along with kukui oil or emu oil. This works perfect for me.
Annalunda

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend Ole Henriksens All purpose aloe vera gel. It is highly hydrating and it doesn't make your skin feel oily at all.It's actually recommended for acetic skin. If you live where it's cold or very dry I would also recommend OH;s blackcurrant facial oil.
Also see to it that you're not using to strong cleaning products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
DIY water mask with tonic lotion. I use Estee Lauder's lotion to make water mask.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Me too. Im suffering from the same problem. Especailly around TTOTM, my skin is like a snakes, it sheds like mad and its so flakey. A bunch of people asked if I've got excema (sp?) and why is skin is like THAT- making a funny face Embarassed
At the moment, I'm trying out some Asian facial sheet masks so I cant make any recommendations to you yet but there is one "my beauty diary" nano platinuum mask that seems to get rid of my flakes. Ive only used it ONCE so I cant be sure that its HG material. But its worth looking into Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I can get the same problem with my skin. I exfoliate with only Cellcosmet dual action scrub and I use Cellcosmet Ultra Vital or Concentrate. They are safe for acne prone skin.
-cuddlin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I guess you may try the products of Avene with rapid anti-stimulating effect.

With limited ingredients, but does not contain harmful ingredients (no-hydroxy acid ester, no spices, no pigment).

Reconstruction of water and fat layer of skin to restore natural defenses.
rocruru
5% products discount

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can ues NeoStrata Ultra Moisturizing Face Cream.This cream is gentle enough for patients with sensitive and acne prone skin.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
My skin gets quite dry during winter as well, plus it's very acne prone, so I find that if I find a moisturizer that has salycic acid as one of the ingredients I find that it gets rid of the dead skin cells on top of the skin that can cause blockage and dry skin. This gives my skin a fresh base to apply my makeup.
Skin Care Junky
5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smile

I have a similar problem, especially in the winter time.

My skin breaks out very easily and yet parts of it get dry and tight. I have tried everything out there, different cleansers, different treatments and different moisturizers.

The main thing I learned was to avoid drying cleansers and products with alcohol, they only made my skin worse.

I have been using and loving Mastey Moiste Facial Moisturizer. The ingredients list is simple, it has squalane which is supposed to be soothing, pseudocollagen which is said to help with moisture/firming and vitamins and minerals.

I actually use Mastey Traite to cleanse my face because I was using Noxema and Neutrogena but both of them dried my skin too much.

I still use spot treatment when I get a bad breakout but my skin has been responding much better since I quit using harsh products.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche-Posay makes Effaclar H for skin that is acne-prone but dry or irritated from overuse of other products. Their Effaclar A.I. is a great spot treatment that doesn't tear up the skin around the blemish but still flattens out the bump!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first year that I can remember that I don't have either acne or dryness. I'm using the Buzz on Acne spray and it is a very hydrating spray. I love the way it feels on bare skin and for the first time ever I really have makeup optional skin! Never thought I'd say that!
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
i have the same problem too! my beautician recently recommended me to use barrier repair for my moisturiser.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |