Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has Vitamin C lost it's popularity?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Has it? I don't read as much articles about how great it is for your skin as much as I used to. I also noticed that there is not a lot discussion about it on this forum.

Have you stopped using it?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use it and have for two years. Currently using skin medica C but not impressed. Bought it based on threads here but for my skintype Skinceuticals C&E Ferulic was much better. I'm going to try making my own fresh batch every day when I'm out of skin medica.

C serums are alive and well - Maybe we've just talked about them so much - we always like to discuss new stuff.
Look to hear what others have to say.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
C serums are alive and well - Maybe we've just talked about them so much - we always like to discuss new stuff.

There are 2 things that everyone should be using...Vit A and Vit C. (and sunscreen, of course) Both are clinically proven again and again to revitalize skin.

But peptides, DNA repair, etc. are more fun to talk about. Smile

5% products discount

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use a product from Arbonne... it's their enzyme product. It seems ok. I rec'd it as a sample (a healthy sample mind you) I'll use it up... not sure I'm in love with it...

I have read that since C breaks down so easy in the bottle... you're better off ingesting it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
fitmama wrote:
I have read that since C breaks down so easy in the bottle... you're better off ingesting it...

If you are worried about stability, you can always mix up your own ascorbic acid every day or week, or buy an oil-soluble version that is more stable.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
TRUE...

5% products discount

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm still using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (have been for about a year), but it is now more difficult to source online since they stopped selling to other distributers. I would love to make my own but it just seems easier to buy it already sterile with a form of preservative. When I run out I am going to try and find a more reasonably priced C serum.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:00 am      Reply with quote
This makes me feel better. I was using Vivier and I stopped, simply because I forgot to reorder it, if that makes any sense. I should go back to it.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Wondering if anyone is making their own
CE Ferulic Serum. I'm mixing in some ferulic acid in my homemade C Serum, but have no idea if its too much or too little. I also tried adding some vit E but since my serum's base is in distilled water and glycerin, it doesn't mix in...it just pools and floats Sad

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:09 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
There are 2 things that everyone should be using...Vit A and Vit C. (and sunscreen, of course) Both are clinically proven again and again to revitalize skin.

But peptides, DNA repair, etc. are more fun to talk about. Smile

I agree with Bethany. I still use my skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic every morning. I think no one talks about it any more because it is not the new "in" thing at the moment!
mangosteen
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:42 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
CE Ferulic Serum. I'm mixing in some ferulic acid in my homemade C Serum, but have no idea if its too much or too little. I also tried adding some vit E but since my serum's base is in distilled water and glycerin, it doesn't mix in...it just pools and floats Sad

I use a homemade C + ferulic acid and just add a drop of vitamin E oil in the palm of my hand and mix it a bit with my finger before applying it to my face. Problem solved!

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I surely hope not! I haven't used it for a while, but I've had a lot of things going on and, as I mentioned elsewhere, I feel off the whole skincare regime completely (am now paying the price!). I don't see myself stopping to use this long term and I think (at least based on what I know about it) a good stable vit C serum should be a part of every body's skincare regime unless their skin does not react to it well in general. For that matter, sunblock should also be a staple.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C (along with a retinoid and sunscreen) is my desert-island indispensable skincare product. The scientific evidence in peer reviewed journals is compelling, and my own personal experience proves to me that it is effective. (Yeah, and I know that the plural of "anecdote" is not "data." I realize that my experience is by no means a scientifically valid proof of efficacy, but it is consistent with what the science says.)
zansville
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I've started adding a pinch of l-ascorbic acid to my Bliss Youth Concentrate every morning to up the concentration of vitamin C until it runs out. It blends in well and seems to be working, although I found that mixing it in my palm turns my palm orange! Surprised
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Skinmedica works well for me in the summer but makes me oily in the winter...go figure. If anyone can explain this...I know I can't.

I'm C-less at the moment. I don't know if I'd go back to serums that turn ornage in a month and don't have the patience to make my own. I've been eyeing the Jan Marini C-esta lately. It does have great reviews and is priced right...not sure what to do but I know I NEED a c serum...miss the glow.
Mabsy

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
What about the less watery types? Vivier, CSRx, PSF? I was really at odds with CSRx' "oily" texture when I first tried it ages ago but it's actually grown on me and the serum is very stable.

I tried the JM C-esta oil control vit C serum (ages ago) and personally was not a big fan. I had better results with the Vivier serum (glowy healthy skin). Also, I'm not sure how much difference there is/was in texture between the normal and oil control versions of the serum, but the one I used was not a runny serum but a lotion-like consistency. I can't remember anymore though how stable it was. HTH

marina wrote:

I'm C-less at the moment. I don't know if I'd go back to serums that turn ornage in a month and don't have the patience to make my own. I've been eyeing the Jan Marini C-esta lately. It does have great reviews and is priced right...not sure what to do but I know I NEED a c serum...miss the glow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Vivier was my first C serum back in 2003..recommended by Mabsy. I actually loved it (had to get used to the scent though). Despite the oily feel it wasn't oily in the least on my skin. CRX was oilier. I've been eyeing this one but I was hoping someone would have tried it by now.It's pricier than the rest of the viviers.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/vivier-kine-c-with-vitami-p_9451.htm
havana8

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Yes! Here's the DIY C thread with CE Ferulic recipes and help from Kassy, Keliu and others....

For Vitamin C serum DIYers
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=395020&highlight=laa#395020
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I am with Bethany. I still think Vitamin C and A are the way to go. I see a big change in my skin since June when I switched to going back to these two core products. (Retin A and Vitamin C) Vitamin C needs to be stable and I prefer SkinCeuticals in the small vials.
Mabsy

Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, Marina, I have a terrible memory for these things. I'm glad you liked it though... Fairlady has used the Kine-C serum before (and loved it) but I don't know whether it was the new Kinerol formulation.

marina wrote:
Vivier was my first C serum back in 2003..recommended by Mabsy. I actually loved it (had to get used to the scent though). Despite the oily feel it wasn't oily in the least on my skin. CRX was oilier. I've been eyeing this one but I was hoping someone would have tried it by now.It's pricier than the rest of the viviers.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/vivier-kine-c-with-vitami-p_9451.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I still use my Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum and it was only when I had run out of it, that I wondered why my face was rough and very dull looking. Since I have been using it again my face glows and is so much smoother. The price is a bonus too.

I received an email from the company advising that there is a special on at the moment 60ml for $50 which sounds pretty cheap to me.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum now and I am very pleased with the result.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was using PSF for a while, but I got tired of spending money on an unstable product that required a long wait time and didn't seem to be doing much. I'm sure vitamin C works wonders for some, I just think my skin is happier or at least as happy without, so why bother? Smile

I may go back to C in a few years if it hasn't been disproved by then.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C didn't agree with my skin. I broke out, etc. I tried it for a length of time gave myself a break then tried again. I got tired of throwing it out when it became unstable. It sounds great for some but not for everyone.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |