Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DROOPY JOWLS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
O.k. everyone, this is my other issue, really my only major issue. This is probably best answered by the more mature among us because it really is an age-related issue. I am well into my 50's and nearly out of them and I've noticed something that really bothers me. My husband says he doesn't notice it but he's never objective about my looks. I've noticed the jowl area on either side of my mouth starting to droop. Is there anything that helps firm that area? My neck is not great either, not too bad but definitely showing signs of age. I suppose a product that truly does firm would firm either area. Any ideas???

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost, I'm not as old as you, but have had great success firming my neck and jowl area with facial exercise. It would be very beneficial for you to exercise the platysma (the large flat muscle covering lower jaw, neck and upper chest), and also work on the cheeks, because a lot of what happens in the lower face is caused by the cheeks sliding downward. Yikes!

If you would like I'll happily send you a few quick exercises to address these areas. Just let me know... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you can achieve. Very Happy

LL Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, in terms of products, there are some great ones to give a temporary lift. I asked the board for suggestions for my DH's 50th birthday party, and they came up with quite a few, including the Oxygen Facial and Estee Lauder eye masks. But the best product for tightening was Hauschka's Firming Mask.

I don't know anything that can do much permanent good though
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks otherloulou, Why don't you either post the exercises or pm me. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Otherloulou, could you post the facial exercises?

MSM has done wonders for my jawline but I am always up for further improvement!

Thank you
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Lifecoach, how did MSM help with firming jowl..was it topical or supplements? thanks. Also I dont know if anyone has heard of the Nefertiti lift, its basically botox used to lift jowl area, its quite new. I am interested in doing it myself.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Facial exercise, protein in your diet and the skin roller. I am also in my 50's and do not have a droopy neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Agree totally about facial exercise for firming the jowls/neck/cheeks. I am doing FlexEffect. Although apparently it takes longer to notice a difference in the lower face than it does the upper and middle face.

I've been doing exercises since Aug this year and my cheeks are already back to their former "chipmunk"-ness. I couldn't believe it myself!! I was putting on blush and noticed that I have more volume in that area and the muscles are much thicker. Not Body- Builder-thicker, but thicker like in my 20's. Not that I look anything like I did then, but still....better than, say, last summer before I started the exercises. Good enough improvement to keep me going with the program.

As the cheeks lift and fill out, the jowls seem to be receding too. There are specific exercises for each problem, but the muscles are interrelated and all the exercises benefit the entire face.

Certainly not a quick fix, but in the long run much healthier than surgery and more lasting than cosmetics. And once you buy the program it's yours - it doesn't wear out or get used up! Def worth the small price IMO. I wish I had started sooner!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
Lifecoach, how did MSM help with firming jowl..was it topical or supplements? thanks. Also I dont know if anyone has heard of the Nefertiti lift, its basically botox used to lift jowl area, its quite new. I am interested in doing it myself.

I've heard of the Nefertiti Lift - there's a doctor in Sydney who's doing it, don't know whether it's available anywhere else in Australia. I'd love to give it a try but I am a bit skeptical of it lifting up the jowls.

I also wish people would stop raving about facial exercises - it's making me feel so guilty that I don't do them - especially since my jowls are heading down to my knees! But honestly, how am I going to fit exercises into my regime. What with all my gadgets I'm spending my entire life in the bathroom.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

I also wish people would stop raving about facial exercises - it's making me feel so guilty that I don't do them - especially since my jowls are heading down to my knees! But honestly, how am I going to fit exercises into my regime. What with all my gadgets I'm spending my entire life in the bathroom.

Bad Grin You're a girl after my own heart Keliu! Unfortunately at "our age", short of surgery, exercise is the only remedy Crying or Very sad

The fastest exercise for that area is "Facial Flex" - 2 minutes in the a.m. and 2 minutes in the p.m. You can do it when you're sitting on the toilet Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
But honestly, how am I going to fit exercises into my regime. What with all my gadgets I'm spending my entire life in the bathroom.

I only spend 30 minutes a day, tops, on my exercises! I do them sitting at the table listening to the news and drinking tea, no big deal!!
I used to think the same: how am I ever going to make it thru the day doing all this & that???? It's just something you learn to work into your routine, like flossing. You really don't even think about it once you memorize the exercises. Not trying to make you feel bad! But the Botox thing just wears off and then you're back to square one. Just sayin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Obviousely we have just so much time to dedicate to beauty regimen... and this is where priorities come into light. I do not want to spend lots of time on my beauty and whenever can get something that is more efficient and takes less time I go with this option. There are no shortcuts for facial exercises though, and time should be allocated for them. However, it is item number on my priority list, and I feel that facial exercises is one of the best things I ever done for myself.
Need to mention that I do not do the entire set of exercises.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have a clarification on my FlexEffect schedule, and going to post it on Facial Exercises thread since this thread seems to be more appropriate for discussion of facial exercises.
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:

I use MSM as a supplement.
FitFifty
5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I tried Facial Magic, and couldn't even get the exercises where you have to hold something to create the resistance right in front of a mirror, much less while drinking tea or watching tv. If Facial Flex is at all similar, suspect I'd have the same issue.
I second Keliu, but will mosey over to the facial exercise thread in hope of finding something simple enough to do that I can keep up with it. Hopefully along the lines of kissing the ceiling. That, even I can do.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hey, looked up the "nefertiti lift", and it's botox injections. Am I the only one who thinks fighting droop by relaxing the muscles sounds totally bass-ackwards?

5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost, thank you so much for addressing this issue. I've noticed the beginning of "howdy doody" lines and somewhat squaring of my chin line where she cheeks are just beginning to sink. I'm intrigued with the facial exercies.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
You can do neck exercises. Also try to do at least 45 minutes of cardio exercises each day will help to firm things up.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi again, I'm not able to get my diagrams to work here Rolling Eyes Smile but if anyone would like to email me LouiseAnnetteUk@aol.com, I'm happy to send a few exercises Cool

I don't exercise my own neck as such, just the big flat muscles over the throat and lower cheeks (platysma). This is probably what they paralyse during the Nefertiti lift, but if you exercise them you can teach the platysma to lie flat when at rest. It's crazy, but it's a very similar outcome! Shock

LL Smile
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
The exercise routine sounds like the way to go. Would the Baby Q or Tanda help with firming the skin in the "jowl" area? or is it just a muscle thing?
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I also wanted to ask about the "Facial Flex"? A device used to exercise the area. I can't remember the exact name but it has been mentioned on the forum. Would this help?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
O.k. everyone, this is my other issue, really my only major issue. This is probably best answered by the more mature among us because it really is an age-related issue. I am well into my 50's and nearly out of them and I've noticed something that really bothers me. My husband says he doesn't notice it but he's never objective about my looks. I've noticed the jowl area on either side of my mouth starting to droop. Is there anything that helps firm that area? My neck is not great either, not too bad but definitely showing signs of age. I suppose a product that truly does firm would firm either area. Any ideas???

I highly recommend FlexEffect. The program takes devotion but well worth it. I'm a big fan of the Vaculifter skin tightening system. Flex Effect program promotes massage just as much as the exercises. I find the Vaculifter enhances the FE program. Before I discovered FE I used the Facial Flex regularly. The Facial Flex did a nice job keeping the sagging in the jowl area under control. IMHO Flex Effect is the "Big Daddy" and best program I have used. It works all muscles of face, neck and declotee. For those who ask about light therapy for sagging... I also have the Quasar SP Embarassed. My results with light therapy have been marked. My skin since starting the Quasar has been firm, clearer and down right healthier looking. There are several light therapy devices to choose from. Seeing the only device I have used is the Q I can't personally make other recommendations. It seems that many such devices have been praised.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
FitFifty
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
You're definitely not alone, Nana. My few wrinkles and lines don't bother me - it's the sagging I hate. Actually, sagging's a pretty hot topic in the "55 and over" thread. Too bad there aren't "sub-threads", so droopy jowls/saggy neck questions & strategies could be a subset of that one.
I, too, am throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this. Retin-A, copper peptides, and DMAE topically, MSM supplementation, and now LED and facial exercise. Guess I should do one thing at a time for a couple of months so I'd know exactly what contribution each thing is/isn't making, but I'm too desperate.

(Note to LouLou - Wow, I got nowhere near 20 reps per exercise, and was my face tired! I must be doing them at least somewhere near right to feel it so much. I'll work up as fast as I can. Now I gotta buy that book! Thanks again.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey girls, I bought otherloulou's book online downloadable version. I printed out the facial exercises and I do find them helpful. They only take very little time to do and I think once you can memorize the exercises, it will be faster. It's like you go to the gym and your posture improves. So it also applies to the facial exercises. Once you're more aware of the muscles in your face and you tone them up a bit with the exercise, the face doesn't seem to sag so much. I'm not sure about the long term effects of this but anything to delay having to go for botox, fillers or face lifts I'm willing to subscribe to.

Link for her book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Hey girls, I bought otherloulou's book online downloadable version. I printed out the facial exercises and I do find them helpful. They only take very little time to do and I think once you can memorize the exercises, it will be faster. It's like you go to the gym and your posture improves. So it also applies to the facial exercises. Once you're more aware of the muscles in your face and you tone them up a bit with the exercise, the face doesn't seem to sag so much. I'm not sure about the long term effects of this but anything to delay having to go for botox, fillers or face lifts I'm willing to subscribe to.

Link for her book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

I bought it too...the download is only $10, and the book is very well written.

And I can speak from experience that fillers will not do much for saggy jowls...I am counting on facial exercise to save me from the dog jowls!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |