Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Sothys Skincare (really long...)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
One week into using my new Sothys skincare regime so I guess it’s time to do a review Wink
(will be updating again another week or so…)

On to the products...

Morning Cleanser - using both day & night
I was a bit surprised as I thought this would be a foaming cleanser but it’s more of a cream cleanser. It cleanses well though, skin is comfy with no squeaky-clean feeling afterwards (though being a cream cleanser there is a slight “film” on the skin after but the toner takes care of that). Now I hardly go for milk/cream cleansers but I find this one soothing and cleansing pretty well so far. No clogged pores and am not breaking out from it so alls well Smile

Normalizing Lotion – using both day & night
Hmm I’m not too fond of this somehow. Although it’s targeted at normal-combi skin but for my combi-dry skin, I feel it’s not hydrating enough (especially when I use it after deep-cleansing with the Desquacrem! - will probably switch to the Softening Lotion next order)
That being said it doesn’t give that squeaky-dry feeling nor does it cause any reactions so probably it will be good for true combi-oily skin.

Desquacrem – using it in the shower twice a week
Oh I love this! It’s like another cream cleanser and though there’s no stinging effects, afterwards my pores were really clean and my skin really smooth Exclamation It’s supposed to be used after the Grommage Exfoliant but I think it’s fine on its own. Just noticed that if I leave it on slightly longer, it cleanses deeper so gotta be a bit careful not too leave it on for too long.

Absorbant Mask – used this once so far
Am not too sure about this product. For a start the texture was really very watery. (Does anyone know if it’s supposed to be that watery? I was expecting more of cream/paste but it was more liquid that paste Confused) Anyway after using it, I didn’t really feel that it did anything. The desquacrem did a better job of cleaning pores in fact. Shall see how it goes after another try…

Hydra-protective Vitamin Serum – using both day & night
Another love! The texture is fab Shock going on smoothly, almost powdery-like (I’m a texture-fanatic haha) and I can just feel it being absorbed fast into the skin. Also as it’s light, works well over the toner and under a moisturizer. I do feel my skin is smoother/more hydrated after it sinks in and initially was only going to use it in the day but now am using it day and night as I love it so Bad Grin

Oxyliance Fluid – using this as a day cream
Texture-wise I was a little disappointed as I was expecting it to be softer, more velvet/powdery-like. It’s a little bit sticky - just like a sunscreen in fact (am guessing it probably has to do with the anti-pollution effects of the product Question). It’s best used on still moist from toner/serum skin and it does take some time to be absorbed. However, once absorbed, I don’t really feel it on my skin anymore and it does last through the day - no feeling of tightness or oiliness even if I’m out moving around in the sun...

Noctuelle Night Cream – using this only at night
Texture-wise again a bit sticky and a little heavy. But as it’s a night cream, that was expected and it does not clog up pores. A small amount is enough (though for the drier areas of my face like my cheeks/jaw I tend to slather more on Very Happy). In the day when I wake up, I do feel my skin is softer & hydrated (& I sleep in air-conditioning in all weathers Laughing). The usual oiliness on the T-zone is also much reduced, my skin just feels balanced somehow.

Active Contour Eye Cream – using this both day & night
I quite like this product. Texture-wise it isn’t sticky but quite soft and it’s absorbed very quickly by my skin. It doesn’t leave a film (which is really good coz my eye zone is prone to milia) nor does it irritate my eyes. Hydration-wise I think pretty good. In terms of getting rid of dark circles (my main problem Mad), I do feel it helps as although I’m still sleeping late this past week, my circles have not worsened. But of course, that would need more time to be proven Cool

(I also got a sample of the Hydroptimale THI3 Hydrating Mask but haven’t tried. Will review when I’ve tried it…)

Prior to using Sothys, my skin was really quite messed up from the negative reactions to certain product lines. Bumps on skin, some breaking out in the T-zone area, really dry and highly-reactive.

I was worrying about reacting to Sothys (since it's scented/perfumed) but that was not a problem at all. NO reactions whatsoever thank god and my skin feels calmer - I guess the products smelling really good helps Razz

After using this range for a week, I do see some improvements in that
-the pores around the nose area are smaller and my blackheads/whiteheads are lesser
-my T-zone is no longer oily and the old breakouts are going away
(did get a few new little ones though – but suspect it’s the whole sleep issue, japanese exams stress & the time of the month coming Crying or Very sad)
-much of the bumpiness from dryness in my cheeks/jaw area is gone! Surprised

And for a week, I guess that is pretty good, given that my lifestyle of still sleeping late and being a couch potato is yet unchanged *sheepish* Will see how it goes but am feeling pretty good about Sothys products at the moment - good enough that I’m already planning my next order *innocent Rolling Eyes*

p/s: sorry bout the long post but got quite a few products & didn't want to bump that many sothy's threads again (after the last erm spam fiasco haha)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad that you have had some great results from using these products.

When I purchased several of these products after a facial I thought my skin would be fabulous as it did after my beautician used them. Well, I actually found them ok but not fantastic and they didn't give me the results I was after.

My favourite product would have to be the Morning Cleanser which I used in the shower each morning. The Hydroptimale products were also really nice and left my skin nice and smooth.

Good luck with these prodiucts and I hope that they continue to help your skin.

By the way, I found that EDS was the cheapest place to purchase them from.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nelly!

I know just what you mean by buying products after a facial only to find they don't work that well Mad Actually my case was probably worse as the products not only didn't give results but ended up giving me hive-like reactions! sigh...

But yes EDS pricing is fab indeed! Prior to buying I contacted the Sothys distributor in Singapore and was quoted a price which was like 2x that of EDS's price Shock I put down the phone in a hurry man Bad Grin

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
It's great to hear more about these products, samantha185, even if they are first impressions, so thank you. Smile I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with them in the coming months.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Update on the Absorbant Mask - gave it another try as I am starting to have some bumps from the time of the month.

This time I made sure I shook the tube well and that my face and hands were absolutely dry.
Well, although the mixture was still more liquid-like than cream-like, this time on application I could feel it working. Around the nose area it actually gave a prickly/stinging feeling but that faded almost at once and skin was not irritated or red afterwards.

I left it on for about 10mins then washed off with water. It worked in that I could see that the pores around the nose area were cleaner and I had a little bump on my nose that disappeared. However the 2 other larger bumps on my forehead were still there.

Comparing to the Desquacrem, I think in terms of cleaning pores the Desquarem is still better. Also as an purifying mask, I think it could be better really, still don't think it really purifies that well. But as a spot treatment for pimples/bumps it might work (since that little bump on my nose is gone after using it).
I'll give it a shot as an overnight spot treatment and update the results...

Otherwise, all other products are still as I had reviewed earlier... though I am starting to love the noctuelle night cream more. I realized that interestingly enough, if I use more of the noctuelle night cream, it actually feels less sticky and instead softer on the skin somehow. Puts into mind the phrase "meltingly soft" actually Laughing

Though the noctuelle night cream is feeling a bit weird on my neck area. Could be a bit too heavy I guess or maybe a clash with my current body wash. I'll see how that goes these coming nights...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Is the Noctuelle night cream the one with Vitamin C in it?
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nelly, yup the noctuelle night cream has AHA (8% apparently) & Vit. C

I've tried pure Vit. C serums before and have broken out from using too much Embarassed but thankfully this night cream doesn't cause me any problems so far *fingers crossed* haha

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love Sothys!! Very Happy I've been using sothys for the last three years and i love love love Desquacrem and it smells beautiful!!

In the morning I use Morning cleanser followed by Desquacrem, then at night I use Thi3 comfort hydrating cream which is lovely and light.

I also regularly use the Gommage exfoliant which works wonders on my dry skin, I really love this product too!!

Last order I got a sample of sothys waterless cleanser which was great, unlike the declor waterless cleanser which left my skin feeling sticky Sad (yuck).

Yay for Sothys!! Very Happy
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I forgot to mention that I get better results if I use the Desquacrem with my facial steamer, I think it helps the pores open which lets the desquacrem get deeper quickly. My face glows afterwards Very Happy yay!!!
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Kyrya - do you use the desquacrem daily? Do you find it too drying for skin or?

Coz I feel like using it more often too Razz but the recommended usage is twice a week Question...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
sorry, i have to say that i really don't like sothy's products. their texture are so weird. When i apply them on my dry face, the products always so hard to be absorded by my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Samantha185 yes I do use it daily as a cleanser in the shower, I let the steam work its magic Smile I personally dont find it drying but I always use plenty of aloe vera and sothys thi3 cream straight after so maybe thats why I havent noticed any dryness?
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm thanks Kyrya! I'll try using it three times a week and see how it goes Smile

Third week of using sothys - hmm yes the black/whites are definitely lesser and the pores around my nose area are smaller. Skin along the jaws are getting smoother (much smoother Very Happy).

Starting to like the Oxyliance Fluid more and more - once I get used to the slightly sticky texture I feel it really works in the day to purify the skin somehow Razz (could be just psychological of course Laughing)

And I really don't think I'm getting the absorbant mask again! Actually I'm wondering how and if I'm gonna finish it sigh... As a mask I don't think it cleanses/purifies enough and as a spot treatment it doesn't work except to make a mess since the mask is greyish-muddish Mad

But other than that, I'm happy with the rest of the sothys line... Probably gonna order in more items nearer X'mas Embarassed Am eyeing the exfoliant, the oxyliance teint foundation, the W. foaming cleansing cream (for make-up removal/night use - since I don't like the normalizing milk)...

Am also considering the purifying serum for my spots Mad and the immuniscience mask. Though I read mixed reviews for the purifying serum so hmm... Shall see how it goes haha

5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried Sothys about a year ago, their products are quite kind to sensitive skin but also takes quite a long time to see the improvement.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I've been used for a couple of weeks,but haven't seen the results
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:51 am      Reply with quote
About a month into using Sothys... Seems to have hit a stagnant zone Confused

Blackheads/whiteheads are still as last posted, much lesser than when before using Sothys... But also not getting any lesser or being completely gone...

Oily T-zone is about gone - skin is more balanced but am still prone to the occasional breakouts...

However for some reason the Night Cream is getting to me & making me breakout a bit (not massively thank god)... So I'm stopping the night cream for a while and just using the hydra-protective serum at night...

Undereye circles are still present *sigh* But then again my sleeping-late-habits are also still there so...

So yeah like I said earlier seem to be in a stagnant phrase - skin no better than last posted but also thankfully no worse... Shall see how things go!

Oh yeah started using the Desquarem about 3 times a week and so far so good. No problems with it drying out skin Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |