Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
skin discoloration
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mimi

Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i am new on this board and i have a question that i really hope someone can help. i am 15 years old and about 3 months ago i tried waxing my face although the hair didnt completley come off, my skin was severly ripped off especially in apple of my cheeks and near the chin/side burn areas. my cheeks did heal but the sides of my face left a dark circular mark where the cut was. then about a month ago i tried removing the hair with a deplitoire cream because waxing was too painfull, that too ripped my skin on the side of my face near my mouth and the apple of my cheek. even though they did heal, there are dark marks there just like there are with my side burn area. on my cheek there is a scar and discolaration. I am so devasted with the visible discolaration on my skin and i dont know what to do. I dont think the scar will ever go away but can anyone help me with these other problems? will my cuts ever completely return to the same colour of my skin and are there any products i can use besides makeup. Thank you so much for your help
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mimi,

OUCH!!!! This is not an area that I feel that I can offer help. I am sure that some of the other people on this forum might have had a similiar situation.

Welcome and good luck!!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Mimi, I think most scars tend to fade (either fully or to some extent) with time. I would suggest that you see a derm about this and ask for their opinion.

Some of the options that might work here could be products with AHAs, vitamin C/E serums, or maybe microdermabrasion. I think it's important that you see a derm about it though, to first of all figure out WHY this happened, and then to also suggest the most effective form of treatment. I wouldn't just buy a product with AHA and start using it without getting someone to have a look at your skin, given that your skin has had "issues" with products before.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
ouch mimi, that sounds terrible.... Sad

i don't really know of any products out there and am personally not too fond of products with AHA and C serums because of irritation they impose on my skin... but i know quite a few plastic surgeons recommanding Mederma for post-surgical scars for their patients... its standard usage is several times a day for at least 8 weeks continuously... perhaps this would help??!!
Mimi

Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:07 am      Reply with quote
thank you so much for all your suggestions Very Happy I guess i will have to see a dermotoligist before it can get any worse
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |