Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

15 minute non surgical nose job- any other ways to change...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I have a typical asian nose- flat (no bridge) and round and I searching online to find alternatives to a nose job. I found some clips that you just clip onto the nose for a period of time every day which claims to make your nose pointer and higher like these : http://cosmetic-candy.com/?p=1512
I'm tempted to buy them online and give it a try but I doubt that would make any difference unless anyone here has used it?

Then I came across this website: http://www.cosmeticlaserskinsurgery.com/non-surgical-nose-job.htm
Anyone tried it?

Does anyone have any methods to changing the nose shape and nasal bridge?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
umm... are you sure you really want to do this?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yeahyeah honey! What I wouldn't give to look Oriental!! I think you'd be wasting your money chasing after some gadget to change the shape of your nose!
A friend of mine, Caucasian, hated the shape of her nose so much she took to wearing a piece of tape at night to shape it the way she thought it should look....needless to say, it changed nothing. And nobody notices the perceived "defect" in her nose but her.
Have you ever tried contouring with makeup? I'm not a makeup artist and have no concept of how to do it, but I'm thinking it could work...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Yeah,
You might want to look at the website of Dr. Samuel Lam in Dallas. He's quite well regarded and I seem to remember that he does some work on Asian features. With that said, I'm sure you're lovely as is,

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen programmes on TV that show changing the shape of the nose with injectables. I would imagine that you would have to find someone who really knew what they were doing to do this - plus remember that the results are not permanent so you'd have to keep going back hoping that they would be able to give you the same look each time.

Speaking for myself - I would absolutely KILL to have an Asian shaped nose, so why you would want to change it I can't imagine. Go find something else to do to yourself to give yourself a lift - get a new haircut or something and leave that beautiful nose alone! Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thanks for the kind words Smile
I have tried contouring my nose but whilst it looks taller from the front view, my profile still looks rather flat.
I try not to worry about it though, but would be nice to find a non-surgical way to make my nose taller Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
You can get a filler injection on your nose bridge. I don't remember the name right now, but it's not juvederm or restylane. It's made of calcium, so it's harder than juvederm and restylane which are hyaluronic acid base. I saw a girl who got an injection of this filler on her nose bridge and it looked very nice on her. She did it herself. She worked for a med spa. It looked so good on her I was tempted to try on me, too. I have not tried it yet.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, the lady is Chinese. (Forgot to mention)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
You can get a filler injection on your nose bridge. I don't remember the name right now, but it's not juvederm or restylane. It's made of calcium, so it's harder than juvederm and restylane which are hyaluronic acid base.

Radiesse is the injectable of choice for noses.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
besides contouring have you also tried highlighting the centre part of your nose with a highlighter? I use Giorgio Armani's cream highlighter and they been great! that always makes my nose look taller, it's a little trick a BA taught me and it always works
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
besides contouring have you also tried highlighting the centre part of your nose with a highlighter? I use Giorgio Armani's cream highlighter and they been great! that always makes my nose look taller, it's a little trick a BA taught me and it always works
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
You can get a filler injection on your nose bridge. I don't remember the name right now, but it's not juvederm or restylane. It's made of calcium, so it's harder than juvederm and restylane which are hyaluronic acid base. I saw a girl who got an injection of this filler on her nose bridge and it looked very nice on her. She did it herself. She worked for a med spa. It looked so good on her I was tempted to try on me, too. I have not tried it yet.

I agree with Bethany. I'm sure this would be radiesse. I hear it lasts between 1 and 2 years too.
zovo
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly the best method is to go for a nose job which I did. I'm Asian btw..but you have to think carefully and do research for the doctor to perform on you.
I did ever think of injection but cost almost similar to a nose job in the long run and it's not permanent.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
zovo wrote:
Honestly the best method is to go for a nose job which I did. I'm Asian btw..but you have to think carefully and do research for the doctor to perform on you.
I did ever think of injection but cost almost similar to a nose job in the long run and it's not permanent.

To add to this, getting fillers can actually cause problems if you end up wanting to have surgery later...I just read about this in the Fall Winter 2008 New Beauty magazine.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |