Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
favorite indulgent masque?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
What is the masque or facial peel or something similar that you like to do to indulge yourself and relax?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I just bought this amazing Vivier Replenish Ultra Rejuvenating Mask. I used it only twice so far and I love it very much. It has a pleasant smell and my skin feels very relaxed after. Also, cooling sensation is great!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Moisturizing with a Mask by valmont nature really makes my skin relax and moisturized
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I know I sound like a broken record in this type of threads. I used to be really into buying different masks, and then I discovered honey masks, and honestly, nothing compares. Honey and milk it is for me. I prefer milk to water to mix with the honey because milk gives a nicer texture, but if there's no milk product around I just use water.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you Nimue. After I use a clay mask or peel I use a honey yogurt mask to calm and hydrate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
^ I LOVE honey yogurt mask, I just discovered it recently and I just could not rave enough about it! It works so well!
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
So how do you actually apply the honey mask and how long do you leave it on your skin? TIA. Very Happy
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I mix some honey and milk in a little jar. I apply it with my fingers. I leave it on for however long I can, the longer the better. Minimum is 15 minutes, once you're at the 30 minute mark you can just wash it off.

lunathefinal wrote:
So how do you actually apply the honey mask and how long do you leave it on your skin? TIA. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I apply with my fingers as well and leave it on for 15 minutes. I normally have some mask left over so if I have time to kill I put it on my hands and watch some tv. Once the 15 minutes are up I rinse my hands and face and I’m all nice and smooth. I think our hands deserve a little treat from time to time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite masks are Juara turmeric mask, NCN Pro Pumpkin Peel (30%), and a DIY company's aspirin mask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
i know honey masks are great but the problem is that i do not keep honey in the house being a low carber and i dont keep milk either.

and i did lick it or attempt to lick it off my face this one time i did do it.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't eat honey, I buy honey purely for beauty purposes. I don't like the taste of honey, so I've never been tempted to eat it.

Milk- it's optional. If you don't have milk just use a little water.

Malishka31 wrote:
i know honey masks are great but the problem is that i do not keep honey in the house being a low carber and i dont keep milk either.

and i did lick it or attempt to lick it off my face this one time i did do it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I know I sound like a broken record in this type of threads. I used to be really into buying different masks, and then I discovered honey masks, and honestly, nothing compares. Honey and milk it is for me. I prefer milk to water to mix with the honey because milk gives a nicer texture, but if there's no milk product around I just use water.

You don't sound like a broken record--you just know what you like! And I agree, I love using honey as a mask, too. It is very soothing and does not make my skin tight, unlike other masks. Aspirin masks are great, too. I sometimes add the aspirin to honey to get the best of both worlds!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I like using Kiehl's Cryste Marine cream as a mask. It's really supposed to be a moisturizer - but I find it makes a really nice, hydrating mask instead...

(Hadn't thought about honey as a mask - but that sounds interesting - if not a bit sticky! Smile )
Maggiehgz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:06 am      Reply with quote
My favour is Eminence Eight Greens Phyto Masque HOT, but this masque will make your face turn red in 2-3 hours, but I don't care, I felt very clean, soften after use it.
hoops2614_cn
5% products discount

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have mixed honey, milk and green tea together to make a mask.But it was too slimy and easily flow down, polluted my clothes.Also I'm a lazy girl Razz ,so i like one piece mask made in Japan, such as SANA,JUJU,KOSE.They are cheap and more moisture-bearing.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I would say PSF Pumpkin Peel. I really thinks this mask tackles any clogged pores and stops those pimples in its track. So it really helps in keeeping my skin clear. I usually use this at night. And next day I feel my skin is clearer and radiant looking Smile maybe its in my head Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
The SKII pitera mask. It's an individually wrapped fabric mask soaked in serum.

You can squeeze off some of the serum and use it for days from each individual mask, too.
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love Valmont Renewing Pack Mask. It's a good mask for tired skin, really gives a radiant look instantly. It helps my skin relax and gives my skin an instant glow and smooth complexion after using it.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:

Nimue, OK so which type of honey is best to use for mask? Is Manuka honey particularly good for this, and why? I ask, because I saw it at the organic food store and it was the only honey they offered. Must be good for something...?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:22 am      Reply with quote
i applied the honey and milk mask that i created at home the other day and seriously i did not see any difference to my skin. Ok maybe it seemed abit moisturized. I also applied it on my lips and my lips felt abit weird. Dry infact when i took it off. Lips aside other than that lil additional hydration to the facial skin I dint see any other benefits so m left wondering Confused

maybe it DOES depend on the type of honey used Nimue?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bliss – Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask is the ultimate treat.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Calming Seaweed Mask by Naturopathica which is very soothing and calming and all or mostly natural. I also liked the sample of Valmont Moisturizing with a Mask. I left it on overnight and my skin was so nice and fresh in the morning, no longer fine dryness lines.
pmmmtang
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
valmont renewing pack mask really makes my face clean, refreshing and glow. Each time my skin is in poor status, I always use it. I believe it can rescue my face Razz
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to have sensitive skin but I love the effect of Dr. H's Cleansing Clay Mask. It relaxes and cleanses the skin perfectly. No red bumps after using it!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |