Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favorite Moisturiser for Summer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering whats your favourite moistuiser for summer day time use and why?. My skin varies from normal to dry. Currently i am using the Phytomer Instant moisture cream. I love this and i feel it is just right on my skin for day time use. Not too heavy and seems to sink right in before i apply the SS and MMU. But while this seems to be perfect i may be looking into adding or trying another one....as i dont want my skin to become too used to this you know what i mean right. And well if i could find another or something better than why not Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I like aloe gel during summer because its slight anti-bacteria and soothing effects make my skin clean and fresh. Also, a sheer sunscreen Biore SPF50+ PA+++ white bottle is my favorite as it is matte and not greasy.
LindseyLS1
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Phytomer Accept Neutralizing Cream, I love this and it is my staple Spring/Summer/Early Fall moisturizer.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Clarifying Day Lotion is light and helps balancing the skin. I guess it would be a good summer moisturizer. Very Happy
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellcosmet Sensitive day/night cream, jojoba and Camelia oils. I like jojoba oil as a cleanser and it is also veru light to use during a summer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I recently received a sample of the Jurlique Clarifying Day lotion which is good for oiliness so I suppose if your skin tends to get a bit oily in the hot weather, this would be a good one to try.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
valmont regenetic is light,moisturizing and anti-aging.

Helena Rubinstein HYDRO URGENCY CREAM GEL is also a good moisturer for summer.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I don't really use moisturizer in summer, I just use my devita sunscreen. It definitely makes no sense to use a layer of moisturizer under sunscreen in summer. The sunscreen is more than enough moisturization for me. I don't think I used moisturizer at night, if I did it was rarely and I tried different things here and there. Definitely not a must.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
wouldnt that make your skin dry Nimue? Is this just during summer time or always? Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
this past summer the only thing i used was Decleor Rose D'orient oil and that was enough for me.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
In the summer, I never wear anything under my (Devita) sunscreen in the morning. I don't see any reason to. So far, I haven't changed this, but it's possible that when it gets deeper into winter I may. If I have to, I moisturize in the evening. So that would be a tentative "always". My skin looks great right now Very Happy

simran wrote:
wouldnt that make your skin dry Nimue? Is this just during summer time or always? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I was fine this summer using NIA24, really pleased that I had no oiliness or pore enlargement which I usually get during the summer.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the NIA24 SS and i got dry skin and dermatitis in near cheek and chin area Confused so then i stopped using the sample SS. i dunno if any other NIA24 product will cause the same reaction Shock so im abit hesitant with Nia24.

btw m confused......is the summer moisturizer meant to be more heavier or lighter? Like does the skin need more moisture in summer?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
i use Remergent dna repair.love it

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried using any of the Thalgo products for during summer time?

5% products discount

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think,it may depend on where you live. I live in Canada where summer is very humid, thus, there's lots of moisture in the air. Thus, I don't even use a moisturizer, just serum (and sometimes just an anti-oxidant toner)and sunscreen.

In contrast, Los Angeles, I think has a drier summer and someone may,therefore try to conserve the moisture on his/her skin by applying a light moisturizer. Nevertheless, a heavy moisturizer may feel too heavy (and greasy)on the skin because of the hot weather condition.

simran wrote:
I tried a sample of the NIA24 SS and i got dry skin and dermatitis in near cheek and chin area Confused so then i stopped using the sample SS. i dunno if any other NIA24 product will cause the same reaction Shock so im abit hesitant with Nia24.

btw m confused......is the summer moisturizer meant to be more heavier or lighter? Like does the skin need more moisture in summer?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |