Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Very sensitve skin (think: red patches) at elbows. How?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skywolf
5% products discount

Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Not sure if its the correct tread to post. But seeking something for my hubby.

He has super sensitve skin at his elbows and back of the neck. It's like for years now (and i knew him for 10 yrs) and no amt of doctor's cream can cure it. But he hates cream based (which is what most docs uses) and it could be he didnt follow thru dutifully.

Is there any product that is liquid or very light stuff (fast absorbent) which he can use? He dosen't like cream because of the stickiness it leaves on his skin. Sad

Help! Sad
Greenhillgirl32
5% products discount

Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I know exactly what you mean. i have very dry, sensitive skin myself especially with winter looming. On my face it's almost eczema like, with hard scaly patches that turn red and creams in the past have not worked. I get this on my arms too...I just found a miracle in a jar...Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream...I got this last week when I was at my wits end with my skin cracking, but I swear it was like giving my skin a massive drink of water...my skin now feels normal again and the redness is going down to almost nothingness..all the flakies are gone too. I also have been taking high doses of Omega 3 liquids to work things from the inside out. Try Cetaphil...I got mine in a rather large jar ($25cdn), but I think there is a tube you can get or maybe even try a sample. One thing I did notice when I went to the drugstore to get this, I opened it to make sure there were no fingerprints and there wasn't that protective paper that you take off after you buy it...so you can always try sneakin a little to see how you like it..doesn't take much and it just makes your skin feel so soft - not sticky. I will probably be using this jar I got for years!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skywolf,

Your poor hubby... I'm assuming that he's been seen by a dermatologist for this condition? (Sounds like it could be eczema or some sort of dermatitis...)

If he doesn't like the feeling of oil based creams, perhaps a water based lotion (something in the Eucerin line? http://www.eucerinus.com/products.html) or perhaps a light oil (apricot kernel oil, emu oil - or other?)

I would imagine, though - that instead of treating just the symptoms (the dry skin) it might be a good idea to get to the root of the problem with a correct doctor's diagnosis? I'm sure the doctor can suggest some acceptable lotions/treatments. And, many dermatologists have lots of different samples - so that your husband can find a solution that works for him.

Best of luck!
skywolf
5% products discount

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Greenhillgirl32 & taobunny,

Thanks for the recommendations.

Unfortunately, my hubby does not like the creams the docs gave. Normally what the docs gave is this tube heavy cream - and he absolutely hates it because of the stickiness. But i noticed he likes my toner Confused because its light and liquid (absorbs fast). So i'm really looking for something thats light on the skin.

I believe creams are better actually; but too bad he does not likes them. Sigh... So, hunting around something that 'fits' and which he will use.

Thanks again. Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Have him take essential fatty acid supplements - it should help.

Also I think it is bit thick but good is the Gold Bond Ultimate line of lotions - sometimes you can find 99 cent samples at the drug store so he could try before buying a larger size:
http://www.goldbondultimate.com/ (coupon on this page)
http://www.goldbond.com/gold-bond-products.html

Free sample for U.S. customers at:
http://walmart.triaddigital.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid30830.aspx

And,www.drugstore.com has lots of customer reviews of the different lotions in the Gold Bond Ultimate line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I used once Gold Bond Ultimate lotion and I got major allergic reaction. So be careful!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
skywolf wrote:

Unfortunately, my hubby does not like the creams the docs gave. Normally what the docs gave is this tube heavy cream - and he absolutely hates it because of the stickiness. But i noticed he likes my toner Confused because its light and liquid (absorbs fast). So i'm really looking for something thats light on the skin.

I believe creams are better actually; but too bad he does not likes them. Sigh... So, hunting around something that 'fits' and which he will use.

Thanks again. Smile

Hi Skywolf,

I haven't tried this one personally, but I've heard some really good things about Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion, Maximum Strength Dry Skin Formula. It's supposed to be hypo-allergenic and has alpha hydroxy acids. It's available online (and in stores, I think) at places like drugstore.com. Since it's a lotion, it might be a less sticky option for your husband. And, it doesn't look to be too expensive, in case it doesn't work out for him.

According to the promotional literature:

This maximum, therapeutic formula blends certified organic aloe vera, green tea and chamomile extracts with natural plant emollients and vitamin antioxidants to soothe, nourish and revitalize dry, sensitive skin. Fortified with alpha hydroxy acids to help exfoliate dull surface cells and stimulate circulation for a fresh and healthy appearance.

* Soothing for dry, sensitive skin
* Nourishing emollients soften
* Humectants hold moisture
* Exfoliates dull surface cells
* Replenishes essential vitamins

pH balanced

100% Vegetarian Ingredients - Against Animal Testing

Vegan

Ingredients: Herbal Infusion of Chamomile (Certified Organic) (chamomilla recutita), Echinacea (echinacea purpurea), Green Tea (camellia sinensis), Lavender (lavandula officinalis), Rose Hips (rosa canina), Sweet Almond Oil (prunus amygdalus dulcis), Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis (Certified Organic), Orchid Extract (cymbidium grandiflorum), Alpha Hydroxy Acids of Glycolic (sugar), Lactic (vegetable), Ascorbic (citrus fruit), Silica, Botanical Fragrance (parfum), Methyl, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E)
yyivan
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Avene is good for sensitive skin
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Good advice all around. With regard to the cause, could it be an allergy to the laundry soap, or to something else. The locations of the irritation are unusual...

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
My mom just sent me some of this which she has found fantastic for skin irritations/conditions....

7 Cream
Ingredients: Water (Canadian Glacier), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Stearic Acid, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Honey (high non-peroxide active Manuka), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Neem Oil, Sodium Hydroxymethlglycinate, Soyamine, Potassium Sorbate
http://www.aviva.ca/shop/products.asp?itemid=5231&catid=158
http://www.natural-skin-health.com/
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the La Roche-Posay Toleriane line for my sensitive, eczema-prone skin. DH who hates anything sticky or heavy, has taken over my bottle of Toleriane Facial Fluid and uses it morning & night. It's very light so may not be moisturizing enough but give it a try.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Good advice all around. With regard to the cause, could it be an allergy to the laundry soap, or to something else. The locations of the irritation are unusual...

The elbow is not so strange if you consider that elbows and feet tend to dry and crack more than other areas, which would allow the irritant into the bloodstream more easily. Regarding the back of the neck, it could be that the collar fabric / thicker holds more of the irritant than other areas of clothing.

Another product that is known for its sealant and healing ability is SkinMD Natural: Face, Hand, Body Shielding Lotion
www.SkinMDNatural.com www.SkinMDNatural.co.uk

I think they show a video of its shielding ability on their website.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |