Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Medication causing acne?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed if medications taken by mouth can cause acne? For the last 2 weeks my forehead has been covered in tiny bumps and small pimples, almost to the point of looking like a reash but not red or itchy. It's so weird because I had this problem for months until I found this board and starting using better products, and also cut dairy from my diet. My forehead cleared up completely and in the last 2 years I think I've only had maybe 5 pimples. But about 3 weeks ago I started using the BDB Brow Boost and within a week had about 5 pimples right on my eyebrows. Then 2 weeks ago my doctor prescribed me Zantac for reflux and within a couple days I was starting to notice the bumps on my forehead and assumed it was the BDB so I stopped using it. Over the next 2 days my forehead was COVERED in bumps and I had a huge deep pimple beside my nose and starting to get a few clogged pores on my cheeks. Sad The only other thing I could think of was the Zantac so I stopped it. I was desperate to figure out what was causing the breakout, so I also quit using my most recent additions; NIA24 skin strengthing cream (using 2 months) and the NIA24 scrub (using 2 weeks). So over the last week my face has cleared up and my forehead is almost clear (using cortsone cream on it) and I'm ready to start figuring out what the culprit was. Could it be the NIA even though I wasn't having previous problems with it? How long can it take to have a problem with a product? I really don't think it was the cream since I had been using it for 2 months so I think I will add that one in first. I know I should try the Zantac, but I really think that may be the problem since the breakout happened within days. Or could it be the BDB and while I was sleeping it got on my pillowcase and then onto my face? Sigh. Anyone else have problems with medications causing reactions like this? Oh, I do have allergies to other medications (have had reactions from skin rash to anaphylaxis) but never anything that has caused acne.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I assume you are on Zantac for a reason, so I would try that one first...just so that you can get on something else asap if you need to!

Regarding the Nia24...it surely seems like you would have had a problem long before 2 months. (I had my Remergent reaction in about 3 weeks) But the scrub may have some different ingredients that could trigger a breakout for you, so I would hold off that and the BDB until you rule out the Zantac and the Nia24 cream.

I hope it clears up for you quickly!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |