Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oily skinned ladies can you recommend a moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin that has been breaking out a lot lately, I'm so frustrated because my skin is also dehydrated, I need a moisturizer that will work with oily skin and will not break me out further, any suggestions? Thanks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I`m using Devita Solar protective moisturizer SPF 30 and it works well for my combo skin + acts as a sunscreen.
it has never broke me out/

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
for oily skin I would recommend the Deep Sea Water Emulsion from Shu Uemura, very hydrating and not oily.
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil. My oily, break-out prone skin is less oily since I've been using this to moisturize.
dksnf68
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies, Any more suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
the moisturizing gel cream by la mer

the oil absorbing lotion by la mer
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:12 am      Reply with quote
DR brandt poreless
carrymelikewater
5% products discount

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Biotherm Biopur pore reducing moisturizer... Very Happy smells great, and your face will look radiant..
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I have exactly the same problem, very oily skin and breaking out. I have been using Sothys active cream and i really like it. In a few hours my skin gets oily again but I guess you can't just stop the production of oil on your skin. My skin is nicer since I have been on it.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
The best that I have ever used is the Carita Ideal Controle mousse perlee cleanser
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/carita-ideal-controle-pea-p_1802.htm , followed by Carita Ideal Controle lotion poudree (toner) http://www.essentialdayspa.com/carita-ideal-controle-pow-p_3889.htm
then Carita Ideal Controle emuslsion poudree http://www.essentialdayspa.com/carita-ideal-controle-pow-p_3893.htm
They are for combination/oily skin & are also listed as anti-aging. Cool
They aren't cheap, but compared to others that I have tried that are a bargain & they feel really good on! I sometimes use them individually but mostly as the 3 steps.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
try to avoid products with alcohol, common in "pore minimising" type products. also, balancing the skin is as important as using something topical and temporary to reduce the effects of oily skin. I use Ceratopic which is a barrier repair lotion with lipids, it is very light and does not turn greasy on the skin. However, it is not moisturising enough to use in the long term, so I also use a richer cream at night occasionally to keep the skin hydrated.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Read the review for the 302 products. I have oily skin with hormonal breakouts and this product has done woders for me.
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I have the same porblem as you.
My friends suggest me that:
Avoid products with alcohol,like Clinique lotion.
Balance skin conditions, I'm using Biotherm HYDRA-DETOX lotion.

My skin turns better these time.

FYI
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
My skin is combination, oily T-zone, and dry cheeks. I use Dr. Hauschka's Light Rose Day cream/moisturizer and it also seems to balance the skin which is a great bonus.

I also use Sweet Almond Oil as a moisturizer after showers, just apply to wet/damp skin and remove excess with tissue..
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
i have the same skin type with u. oily and combination, i would like to recommoned the dr brandt poreless moisteriser, it is a very lightweight cream. well, i should say ,it is mostly like between a cream and a gel. very nice for combination and oily skin.
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil or PSF's balancing moisturizer. Both are really nice wintertime moisturizers.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
ok, in case this wasn't mentioned it should be a serum, or emulsion not cream...
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
I recommend really reading the ingredient list and making sure that it's oil free and dermatologist tested.

I think this is a really stupid advice, because some of the best serums/creams/moisturizers out there contain oil! And by the way, oils are different, avocado, almond, rosehip are wonderful oils.
Someone who suggests the above obviously has very little clue about skincare products.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |