Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
RuthMarion wrote:
For the life of me, I can't get a handle on Exercise 6 "Crush". I always end up doing a version of Exercise 4 & just squish me teeth against my teeth. I really need both of these for my jowls so does anybody have any tips? Thanks!
Also, is there any harm in doing this program every morning? I find that I stay on track better if I do something without interruption - that way if I do miss a day I don't feel so guilty.

Hi RM -
i have a hard time w/ 6 also and i know i've got strong buccinators (from other facial excercises)-it's difficult for me to engage the muscle (or maybe just FEEL engagement) and when i do , i cannot hold it for 10 counts - i feel the contraction melting under me after about 4/5 seconds and i often end up pursing my lips. NOW, all that said, i am getting beautiful results w/ my marionnet lines as well as jowls- so i am obviously doing something right even though it feels like one of my weakest excercises! (oh, and i stopped doing my other bucc. excercises when i started lou's - but occasionaly i'll try one just to see if that muscle is strong - AND IT IS!)

When you said squish teeth against teeth, did you mean to say squish cheek aganist teeth? because i think if it's teeth against teeth, you are activating the masseter and not the buccs.
also - i do the program daily for exactly the reason you mention - it's such an easy program though, i find myself having to MAKE myself take a day off so i don't fatique my muscles resulting in a tired face.
hope this helps
m

You don't want to press teeth together - yes this will activate the masseter and is the same action as clenching teeth.
You should be using your buccinator to pull the held out checks inward toward your teeth. Basically pull your cheeks inward while you are holding them outward with your fingers.
I read somewhere? of a phrase Lou Lou gave someone to say in their head while doing this Vs the 10 second thing. It sounded like it was more for like a 5-6 second count which makes more sense. I cannot do this for a 10 second count either.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SS Smile

do you have any difficulty feeling this muscle engage? for some reason it's the only one i have a really hard time w/. but as i said, i'm seeing improvment so i know i'm working it.

m
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
If I promise to stop posting my every incremental change, may I please just scream ecstatically that both of my upper eyelids are completely exposed, all the way across, on my one-week anniversary of starting Ageless? Yowza!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moon - I know I am pulling the cheek back in - I feel it and yes there is some pulling in of lips as you get into doing it. I just try to do it slowly and let the muscle work as long as it can. This is one exercise where it would be great to see in person and have someone watch.

I say as long as you're on the right track and something is working - great!
Sis
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I just started the exercises and am doing them correctly (I think) however I am not experiencing any soreness or discomfort -does this sound o.k. or maybe I need to do them more often??

Thanks
Zel
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Zelda,

I don't really experience much soreness or discomfort. There are times when I'm doing it really aggressively and squeezing quite hard with my hands that I can feel my cheek muscles start to hurt, but it's not anything that lasts for long like you would experience with something like working out your biceps. At least not for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Moongoddess and everyone,
Thank you for your replies. And yes, I did mean cheeks against teeth (although I maybe clench my teeth - must have been a Freudian slip Laughing) & I also purse my lips & lift my forehead. It's good to know that there may be a little lip action but I also know that pursing is not a good thing. I feel very klutz-y but hope that I end up mastering the exercise. It's good to know that you are achieving results - especially with the 10 second count! I think that I have a good grip & it slips away before I get even part way through. I have started to go in 5 repetition increments & then re-tool to get up to 20 reps.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
No, Myrna, keep posting your results! I love to read about them. I'm so happy for you and your eyes! And I love your descriptions - especially "reptile eyes" - because they describe my eyes too. Only I'm not having the success you are in the upper eye area. My undereyes are great, though! I will go over to LL's board soon and ask her if I need remedial work there, or if she thinks it's too soon yet for me.

Just keep it up, Myrna, it's so worth the time and effort. The results are a huge boost, I've found. Very Happy Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I think that I have a good grip & it slips away before I get even part way through. I have started to go in 5 repetition increments & then re-tool to get up to 20 reps.

you can use tissue between fingers and face if that's what you mean by "slips"-it works!

So it sounds like we're all doing it correctly -- Thanks Sis!!

Myrna Speaks - it is exciting to see positive changes and sometimes you gotta shout it from the roof tops...
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
what is the web address to loulou's other site?

Ageless enthusiasts are now posting here:
http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
mb935 wrote:
what is the web address to loulou's other site?

Ageless enthusiasts are now posting here:
http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi

It is a good board, with nice look & feel, and thought through layout! Lots of space for communication Smile
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

I post my pictures on the new board of ageless
but want to post it here too because i told you 2 weeks ago i will do it, sorry if i'm late.

Me before and after one month on the program, i'm very happy.

http://community.webshots.com/user/20manon
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Manon! Your changes are amazing for only one month on the program. Your eyes are so much more opened up, and your jawline looks much tighter.

Congratulations on your success!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
anila wrote:
yup may b that is not ethicallay right Crying or Very sad ...well i have no means as far as i can c to pay as i am from Pakistan...even if its worth 10 dollars...

Anila, I would PM LouLou and see what you can work out with her.

Thanks guys for being so decent about the book. I know from how many I'm selling that everyone here has downloaded it the official way. (I'm not on Google search or even on Amazon yet, so you're my only clients )

Anila, I do sympathise with the position you're in. There are four exercises I'm sending out to anyone who wants them, or maybe you have a skill you can swap with mine. PM me about it. Cool

Very Happy LL

Lou Lou,

Have you gotten on to Amazon yet? I think your book will do very well.

Inky
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
Hello everybody,

but want to post it here too because i told you 2 weeks ago i will do it, sorry if i'm late.

Very nice - you look more rested also. I think the increase in blood flow is so good for that.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't her new forum the same as FlexEffect?

What happened with that. Did they have an argument or something.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 that is amazing... I can see such a clear difference and in such a short time. I hope I can get those kind of results!
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Isn't her new forum the same as FlexEffect?

What happened with that. Did they have an argument or something.

Did who have an argument?

From what I can tell someone decided to help her by creating her a new board because her old one wasn't very user-friendly so everyone just hopped on over to the new one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lou Lou used to be a trainer of FlexEffect. After leaving there she wrote her own facial exercise book (as you all know) and has subsequently opened her own forum.

She used to post on the Ageless thread here on EDS but it got to be overwhelming to keep up with. Her forum has various topics and a format that is more organized for her needs.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
Hello everybody,

OMG Manon, that's an amazing result in just one month..

I notice an entirely uplifted face, tapered jawline, and no dreaded jowls..

You look fabulous! Nice going girl!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
From what I see LouLou's board runs on the same software engine as FlexEffect board, but the configuration for look and feel is different, such as background colors, fonts, and of cause the layout of the board. I always found FlexEffect board difficult to read because of the chosen color schema. LouLou's board is easy to read, and it looks nice, clean, and inviting. Good job!!! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just joined LouLou's forum today and initially I noticed the similarity to FE forum but overall it is a different feel and seems easier to maneuver in.
Check it out!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
LouLou's new board IS nice and crisp!
Manon you are an inspiration! After only a month! Very purdy! Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello
I started doing LouLou“s exercises three days ago and thought I“d join you here right away Smile
These exercises just feel so good! They seem to relax my neck and shoulders a bit too and make the face feel more alive. I feel Ive been stuck with the same facial expression for a couple of years. Excited to see what will start happening!
Cheers!
suldrun
5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all

I have been lurking here for months and I love this forum, so much great information.

I have a question. I have been using Facemaster I have had great results. I want to start doing face exercises. Can I add on ageless and continue facemaster or should I stop facemaster?

Some background. At the age of 29 I became extremely ill . I aged 10 years in a few months. My skin got thin and I got crepe paper skin under my eyes. I was so sick I was practicaly bedridden for almost 2 yrs. I also put on over 60 lbs.

The first year that I began to get healthy I noticed that even though my energy was better my face had dropped Sad I ordered the facemaster and had great results. I used it for almost a year and then I moved and lost it. I didnt use a thing for 9 months and I noticed my face begining to drag agian so I got the facercise( Carol Maggio) book. I liked it but had lots of trouble following it so I bought another facemaster. I am also in the process of losing 60lbs. I have lost almost 20 and I notice my face looks thinner but I have drooping under my chin.

I have been using my new facemaster on and off for a few weeks and I look so much better. I really believe in facial exercises and I want to learn more. I do not know if I can use both the exercises in ageless and the facemaster?

I am 34 years old and thanks to facemaster I look my age now but I really want to look even better and be able to pinpoint my problem areas. My plan was to get ageless now and incorperate the ex. into my life and then go on and get the FE program to learn more.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to proceed?

Thank you

Sul

Oh I wanted to add. I use frownies too. Facemaster did wonders for my jawline and eyes but my deep forehead lines were not being helped. I do facemaster and then i do the feathering mode at night and when my forehead is nice and relaxed I slap on the frownies and go to bed. My forehead looks so much better now but it would be nice to save some money and spread out the use of my frownies. Does ageless help with those lines?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |