Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the book a couple of days ago and had great difficulty gripping - my fingers just kept sliding off my face Very Happy So I dug up an old pair of cotton gloves that I used with another exercise regime, that I gave up on coz it took too long, and I must say its a vast improvement. No more sliding fingers

I noticed I have 14 blank pages and no cover page, so I emailed Lou just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have no idea what exercises you're talking about but I'm having great fun imagining all of you grabbing your skin and making funny faces anyway Laughing
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I would like to confirm that I also noticed a difference in the shape of my chin after about seven sessions.
Looking in the mirror I realized that its contour was defined and looked like the cute little chin I had when I was really young and my mom always teased me about.

However, I must admit that along with Loulou's exercises I also started doing the "kiss the ceiling" regularly because I find it much easier than the neck exercise included in the book (maybe I just don't understand the instructions because I felt like I was choking the couple of imes I tried to do it - video needed urgently!).

So, I'm not sure which exercise to credit for this good change.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I did end up buying the download Thursday night, by the way, I just couldn't help myself. Laughing[/quote]

Ooooh thanks, LowBrowScientist! Let me know if you're not clear about anything

LL Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
I would like to confirm that I also noticed a difference in the shape of my chin after about seven sessions.
Looking in the mirror I realized that its contour was defined and looked like the cute little chin I had when I was really young and my mom always teased me about.

However, I must admit that along with Loulou's exercises I also started doing the "kiss the ceiling" regularly because I find it much easier than the neck exercise included in the book (maybe I just don't understand the instructions because I felt like I was choking the couple of imes I tried to do it - video needed urgently!).

So, I'm not sure which exercise to credit for this good change.

Hi Lilome, fantastic that you're looking better however it's happened! Very Happy

I know, I know about the video... it's coming. I have time issues and computer trouble, but I promise I'll get on with it. LL

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
The exercises are so easy and quick to do that I sometimes find that I want to go thru the entire two day routine each day. I wonder if these muscles are ones that need a regenerating day in between workouts or if they are more like the abs in that they can take and readily respond to everyday exercise.

LouLou, any thoughts on that?? Anyone else??

Bren, LouLou mentioned in the book that you want to take a break in order to allow the muscles time to rest, recover, and repair...you will not see positive changes until that repair can take place. (See page 13.) This way you avoid the ugly phases that they mention in the FlexEffect program...the "you may look worse before you look better" kind of thing.

Hi Bethany and Bren,

The overall volume of work in my programme is pretty small. Even if you do both days every day you're only doing ten exercises, and I think most people would manage that, but it's split into two days firstly because that's enough to make changes and involves less time and secondly because it very much reduces the possibility of people doing it too much and looking tired and ill instead of bright and pretty. You can make great progress doing more work than I suggest, it's just that the muscles and skin may not be rebuilt properly for some time.

I think it's important to see the face as it is now as being worthy of looking its best, not some future face that will dispense with this one. You'll see things happening that you like, but it's already your face and it's important to treat it as such. This really helps you to hold your face in a good way.

LL Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Dear Keliu

I'm sorry you're having a tough time.. please keep trying and don't worry about whether you're contracting anything or not. Some muscles take ages to find, and I promise you'll see results eventually without having to try too hard.

About the time it takes to build muscle... in the book you can see how the muscles are arranged to pull the flesh up and outwards. If you exercise them you find it much easier to hold them naturally in a slightly contracted position. It's as if you place your elbow on a table then tighten your biceps... the muscle may not have grown, but the shape of the arm changes considerably. Nobody does walk around with their bicep clenched, but many people walk round holding firm the muscles that we smile with, and there are no antagonists, no muscle pulling against them. You can hold your face like that all day long... young people do, we older people find it harder as the muscle weakens.

Try not to be disheartened. It will come.

LL Smile

Keliu wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
Keliu wrote:
lilome wrote:
So I have only repeated them three times so far and I can honestly say that they have already made a difference in that my cheeks feel "fuller" when I grab them and the third time I could feel muscles moving, which wasn't the case the first time! I'm amazed!

I'm trying extremely hard to have faith in doing facial exercises - but I find it completely unbelievable that you would have any increased fullness in the cheeks after doing an exercise three times!

Actually, it's not so unbelievable at all. Think how a bicep muscles swells and becomes firm immediately after you work it and for a period of time after. With continued exercise, it stays that way as the muscle fibers tear and rebuild.

I have found the very same thing to be true with this program and I haven't done it all that long either. I can feel my upper cheek muscles are firmer to the touch and they definitely have that sore muscle ache. I don't know that it is visible to others yet (would doubt that) but that's not what the OP said she noticed anyway.

I probably would have doubted myself all of this two weeks ago but, in this case, feeling has been believing for me. I'll see what the future brings as I continue to do these very easy and very inexpensive exercises.

According to my info, it takes over one month for a man to start building muscle, longer for a woman - and this is also dependent on metabolism.

I seem to be the only one having trouble with this. I'm back using the FacialFlex twice a day and doing Ageless if you Dare - but my jowls still make me look like a depressed hound-dog. The only workout I can feel is in my poor arthritic fingers!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
LouLou - I just have to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciate your gift for words. I can so easily understand your descriptions of things that aren't always that easy to express. That and the fact that your honesty is so refreshing and inspires real confidence in the information that you are teaching us (both in your wonderful book and here on the forum).

Thank you so much Mary. I didn't find it easy to express some things in the book... I tried to make it very clear, but did so by rewriting it a lot Laughing

But bless you for that post xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
LuLu
I read this earlier and of course now cant remember who wrote this about the exercise for the brows - holding them up and then closing eyes:

I read a few places that exercise is for lifting the brows - so if I already have low brows - I shouldnt do that one?

which leads to me to my 2nd question - can we use your techniques along with other exercises or is it best to just do your routine? I dont have FE - so it would just be stuff i saw here and there on the web

OH and now i just thought - how about cupping? Would you recommend using it before/after or even at all?

THANKS
michele

Hi Michelle Very Happy

The exercise where you push your brows up is for the muscle around the eye... you're pushing with your fingers against the contraction of that muscle which is trying to squeeze your eyes shut.

There's no reason why you shouldn't do other exercises if you want to, but the book's sort of designed so that you're less likely to overbuild anything and go in a straight line. I'm not saying for one minute that doing other people's exercises are anything but beneficial, it's just that if you're not happy with something it's possible to see what might be happening if you're doing my programme... if there are lots of other exercises in the mix I can't do it, and since a muscle can only do what it does (ie the eyes close, the mouth grins etc), other exercises are going to be the same as mine but probably with less resistance. So just do mine! Laughing

Cupping I don't know about, but if you're challenging your skin with it, as in brushing, dermaroller, general handling, it's good. Cool

LL Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
mb935 you can add a few extra's in - I do:)
And that may have been me who mention the brow exercise -thats how i do mine so it is a bit different from loulou's brow one. I just continue with mine because i like it.

Ive started just doing day 1 and 2 on the same day. Im going to do them every second day so i get a days rest in between.

I never actually feel sore or tender like some of you mention?? Ive been doing face exercises on and off for a long time though so maybe my muscles are fairly conditioned? Not that ive ever felt sore from them...

Im still a bit confused about exercise 1 -day 2. Do you kinda suck your cheeks back in? if that makes sense..

Hi Carol,

It's more as though you press your cheeks against instead of sucking them. It might take a while, but it'll come. Keep trying and you can also blow up balloons to exercise this muscle Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks loulou I'll keep trying.

Just a question, when you say you'll look tired as muscles are rebuilding - how long does that process last?

Thanks Smile

5% products discount

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I would like to know how everyone is doing with exercise 8 and 9 of Endless if you Dare. Has it helped firm your lower eye area?

The skin around my lower eye has become different during my stressful experience.. looser I guess you would say. I don't have bags.. it's just that the skin seems thinner like there's nothing behind it..and the eyes are a little sunk in I think.

Also is this where Retin A would help?

Thank you..
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
the video... it's coming.

Exciting! Smile
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
TakeCare I have been doing Lou's routine for about 2 weeks. I have noticed a slight improvement in my undereyes and mine are terrible. I am not sure that I am doing #9 correctly Confused but I try to do those particular ones every second day.

I have used retin-a for in the past and just recently started the obagi nu-derm routine again. I have been leery about putting the retin-a directly under my eyes (although my derm says he does) because the reaction is so severe; super red, irritated, flaky and swollen. I know from experience that this will be temporary but sometimes I wonder if I am doing more damage than good.
Yes retin-a will help over time is the short answer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
... I know, I know about the video... it's coming. I have time issues and computer trouble, but I promise I'll get on with it. LL

LouLou it would be fantastic to see the exercises on DVD. Please keep us posted on video progress and release date!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I also think it would be great to actually see the exercises. DVD would be great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I also think it would be great to actually see the exercises. DVD would be great.

I agree. I also need to visualize, otherwise I don't know if I do them correctly. I actually stopped doing them and I am waiting for the DVD to come out in order to resume the exercises.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
i did the 2nd day exercises this morning and my right eye has been twitching all day... im guessing this will go away - but very annoying. will this continue though while doing these exercises??

THANKS
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am continuing with my exercises, and seeing even more improvement...yay!!

I am making sure that I do them in an intensive manner...I can actually feel the muscles in my hands strain as I grip my flesh. Based on what I am seeing now, I am hoping that my marionette lines will be completely gone in January.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
the video... it's coming.

Exciting! Smile

I've made a sort of video that's very amateur, but should show you roughly what to do. It's free if you've got the book/download, I've sent out to people who've emailed me before, otherwise if you'd email me at LouiseAnnetteUk@aol.com I'll send you the link/password. You don't need your order number or anything, I'll believe you Very Happy

((((hugs) from a very nervous LL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I got it loulou and have sent you a reply.

Like i said in the email, you're stunning! And you look so cute when you pull those faces Laughing better than i do when i do it Surprised

Anyways i found it helpful thanks. Ive been much more delicate than you when doing them. Next time i might work it a bit harder. I understand that 1st exercise in day 2 more now and can see i wasnt doing the jaw one right. You do like little pulses is that right? I was holding the skin at neck,moving my chin forward like you did but then lowering my neck and then redoing 20 times.

Im sure this is going to help the other girls who've been having trouble.
Keep up the good work Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Thanks loulou I'll keep trying.

Just a question, when you say you'll look tired as muscles are rebuilding - how long does that process last?

Thanks Smile

Hi Carol Smile

If you're doing alternate days you shouldn't have much tired time at all, because the sessions are short (but intense!) and there's not a mega-breakdown of muscle. Your skin and muscle are repairing themselves at a steady rate they can cope with, not going into overdrive trying to deal with more repair than manage.

If you do many exercises many times a day, your body won't be able to handle it and you'll look tired. until you've rested a few days, but you'll see results from your hard work as soon as you rest and allow the muscle to repair itself. , and your face will probably feel a bit tired too, just as your arms or legs would after being made to work hard for a long time. It doesn't really matter because your face will come good once the muscle gets chance to rebuild, but it's not encouraging to have a tired face, and it's more efficient to build steadily.

Oh Carol, I've just seen your other post and read your email. You are so fab to say this xx

(((((hugs) LL Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am continuing with my exercises, and seeing even more improvement...yay!!

I am making sure that I do them in an intensive manner...I can actually feel the muscles in my hands strain as I grip my flesh. Based on what I am seeing now, I am hoping that my marionette lines will be completely gone in January.

Yay Bethany, good on ya! You've put the work in and you're getting what you deserve. May I ask what is happening in January? I love this sort of thing, getting ready for An Event

LL Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I got it loulou and have sent you a reply.

Like i said in the email, you're stunning! And you look so cute when you pull those faces Laughing better than i do when i do it Surprised

Anyways i found it helpful thanks. Ive been much more delicate than you when doing them. Next time i might work it a bit harder. I understand that 1st exercise in day 2 more now and can see i wasnt doing the jaw one right. You do like little pulses is that right? I was holding the skin at neck,moving my chin forward like you did but then lowering my neck and then redoing 20 times.

Im sure this is going to help the other girls who've been having trouble.
Keep up the good work Very Happy

You are ever so kind, Carol. I'm feeling so good after reading your post

Please nobody expect me to look stunning, though Shock although of course my face has its own unique beauty, as does yours. We are all queens here on EDS Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Loulou, I've just put the videos into my Photobucket account. They're hilarious to watch but SO HELPFULL. I'm now more enthused about doing the exercises because I can see exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. That's if I can do them without laughing (sorry!) Laughing

BTW you are absolutely lovely - and thanks for making the video for us.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |