Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
How long have you been at the exercises?
I'm five months and it's pretty comfortable but I think I need to keep at everyday - at least variations for a while.

I have been doing facial exercises for about one and a half year. For at least half a year or even more I was doing them daily. Then started doing them five days a week.

I am glad that I was diligent about doing the exercises. Now need to maintain what I achieved, and will see how the lighter schedule goes. If I start feeling that it is not sufficient for me, I will roll back to the one that was working well. At present time it is a good thing to know that lighter schedules worked well for others, so hopefully it will work well for me too.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Anyone who has the book/download of Ageless before I added pages 107-111, please email me and I'll email them to you.

I'm at LouiseAnnetteUk@aol.com

I got this chapter. It is a good one, and as the rest of the book written in an easy to read and understand way. It covers firming and thickening skin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
Anyone who has the book/download of Ageless before I added pages 107-111, please email me and I'll email them to you.

I got this chapter. It is a good one, and as the rest of the book written in an easy to read and understand way. It covers firming and thickening skin.

I emailed LL immediately yesterday, but didn't get mine. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
otherloulou wrote:

Ohhhh Bethany, I didn't mean to leave you out, especially cos I'm grateful to you in so many ways email on its way

LL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
otherloulou wrote:

Ohhhh Bethany, I didn't mean to leave you out, especially cos I'm grateful to you in so many ways email on its way

LL Smile

I got it!! Woo hoo...some new bedtime reading for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Well all of you ladies have inspired me to give loulou's book a try - going to download as soon as I post this. Will keep you posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I want the pretty spiral bound book. (Seems more special!)... This has all the pages right?

My friend who does FE ( for over a year now) got LouLou's book and says it rocks - she loved Lou as a trainer on FE too.

Today is my FE day - 25 minutes. I do about 35 of the 40.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
All,

I am having a problem doing some of the grips in LL's book...it's like I can't get enough loose skin to really get a solid grip in order to do the exercises. Confused

I end up doing more of a resistance thing against the muscles...do you think that is ok?

Hi Bethany,

I think I know what you mean... on some ex you have to push your fingers and thumb into your face instead of squeeze them together? That's fine.

I just had to mention that these exercises WORK!! I could feel some definite tenderness on the sides on my face today...much more so than when using the Facial Flex. Shock

I am off to wash my face, and then do my Day 2 exercises and my facial massage! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I like doing Lulu's exercises at the end of a working day when my face tends to get saggy. The effect is more visible - instant uplift to my facial muscles!
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy...
I purchased the program, not once but twice, for the sole purpose of having access to the "Flexer's Forum", so I could learn the massage technique without causing the loose crepy skin under my eyes that the book led to.

Hi Kassy:

I saw your post about the massage technique and causing loose crepey skin under the eyes. Are you saying that the massaging technique under the eye area can lead to crepey skin?

Lisa
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
All,

I am having a problem doing some of the grips in LL's book...it's like I can't get enough loose skin to really get a solid grip in order to do the exercises. Confused

I end up doing more of a resistance thing against the muscles...do you think that is ok?

Hi Bethany,

I think I know what you mean... on some ex you have to push your fingers and thumb into your face instead of squeeze them together? That's fine. Sorry, I used to have a note at the start of the exercise section suggesting this, but I seem to have lost it in revision Confused

I'll put it back in right away, thanks for the heads up, brilliant that you figured out the solution on your own and congratulations on not having much loose skin Laughing

LL Smile

Hi Loulou:

I was hoping you could clarify about the pressing against the muscle. Are you saying that for exercises where it is impossible to grad the skin and the muscle that it is alright to just press against the muscle? Will this give enough resistance?

Thanks,

Lisa
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
[
Hi Kassy:

I saw your post about the massage technique and causing loose crepey skin under the eyes. Are you saying that the massaging technique under the eye area can lead to crepey skin?

Lisa

I'm sure that isn't a normal occurence, and I am probably the exception rather than the rule. Keep in mind that I'm 58, and don't have the elasticity under my eyes that I once did.. Sad

I followed the massage technique in the book to the best of my ability, but apparently it wasn't explicit enough for me to follow.. I got the crepiness after my first attempt, and I was reluctant to continue because I wasn't able to get any 'professional' advice on how to be sure I was doing it properly, without having access to the flexer's workshop. (Unfortunately I didn't find the answers there either, because it seems a lot of the trainers answers have been deleted.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:14 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
All,

Hi Bethany,

I think I know what you mean... on some ex you have to push your fingers and thumb into your face instead of squeeze them together? That's fine. Sorry, I used to have a note at the start of the exercise section suggesting this, but I seem to have lost it in revision Confused

I'll put it back in right away, thanks for the heads up, brilliant that you figured out the solution on your own and congratulations on not having much loose skin Laughing

LL Smile

Hi Loulou:

I was hoping you could clarify about the pressing against the muscle. Are you saying that for exercises where it is impossible to grad the skin and the muscle that it is alright to just press against the muscle? Will this give enough resistance?

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa Smile

When you have your chunk of flesh between your fingers and thumb, some lucky/ gorgeous people might not have enough flesh to get a firm grip, and the chunk may slip as they contract the muscle. The way to address this is, if you feel any slippage,push the fingers and thumb more firmly into the face. This should sort it!

Hope this helps, if not let me know!

(((((hugs)) LL Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the book the other day and its very informative.I cant seem to grab the flesh too well either and find when i push up i lose my grip completely.

I have been just pushing the areas in as resistance. In fact id already been doing similar esercises anyway!

I dont like how much the skin around my eyes crease up though when i raise the cheeks Shock

I didnt get pages 107-111 should i just email you for them loulou? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I purchased the book the other day and its very informative.I cant seem to grab the flesh too well either and find when i push up i lose my grip completely.

I have been just pushing the areas in as resistance. In fact id already been doing similar esercises anyway!

I dont like how much the skin around my eyes crease up though when i raise the cheeks Shock

I didnt get pages 107-111 should i just email you for them loulou? Very Happy

Hi Carol,

Yes, just email me and I'll send you the extra pages for sure. Smile

Even if you're pressing the thumb and fingers into the face to hold the chunk of flesh, you should be feeling the muscle trying to push the thumb and fingers apart as you contract it, so try to maintain the finger/thumb position instead of just pressing down the general area, so that you are having a bit of a change from your usual routine if you're already doing resistance exercises.

Be brave about the skin crinkling round the eyes. It doesn't matter about that so long as you're strengthening the facial muscles (including the eye muscles) and encouraging them to lie flat. Chapter 1 of Ageless has a section about this Cool

((((hugs) and thanks so much for buying my book!

LL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
LL,

My top 2 problems are jowl sagging and forehead wrinkles. I have 2 questions...

1. Can I do any extra reps of a specific exercise in order to help those mouth to chin furrows go away? If so, which exercise is best?

2. I have horizontal forehead wrinkles and some slight vertical lines between my eyebrows...will doing the brow exercises once a month be enough to eliminate those, or do I need to train those harder for a while?

Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for te pages loulou Very Happy

Ive been doing an upper eyelid exercises for awhile. Where i push my eyebrows up with fingers then slowly close my eyes. You can really feel the muscles shake.

However I think i may be overdoing it as my brows look a bit too high up Laughing if you know what i mean.

How much is too much for that area? Its such a tiny muscle. I do about 5 days a week, only 10 reps though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, it must be my eyes. Can somebody told me where is the download icon? I'm going in circles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Ok, it must be my eyes. Can somebody told me where is the download icon? I'm going in circles.

Here you go!

http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

Click "Add to Cart" by Download option
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Got it. Thanks bethany & mpstat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
LL,

My top 2 problems are jowl sagging and forehead wrinkles. I have 2 questions...

1. Can I do any extra reps of a specific exercise in order to help those mouth to chin furrows go away? If so, which exercise is best?

2. I have horizontal forehead wrinkles and some slight vertical lines between my eyebrows...will doing the brow exercises once a month be enough to eliminate those, or do I need to train those harder for a while?

Thanks!!

Hi Bethany Smile

For the mouth to chin furrows, I think the best approach is to do the cheek muscles (ie all of day 1,), plus exercise 7 Long Neck. A lot of sag in the lower face is flesh that's descended from the upper face, not the result of slack muscle at the site of the problem area, and pulling cheeks upwards, outwards and also giving more firmness to the buccinator (the muscle that pulls the cheeks inwards) will do more to redistribute the skin than exercising muscles like the triangularis that's right where the problem is, but doesn't do anything to pull the skin flat, turns the mouth corners down and is easy to overbuild. It has fibres attaching to the caninus (Sexy Beast) muscle, and that's a better place to pull up from The platysma muscle (Ex7)is attached to the skin along the jawline, exercising that will make the area hug the mandible more smoothly, and the triangularis will get enough work from assisting in that exercise. If you wanted to build the triangularis beyond tone, you could turn the mouth downwards as you perform the Long Neck exercise.

The forehead is an area I'm really torn about. The reason I suggest only doing it occasionally is because each time you make an expression (eg raise the brows) your muscles remain a little puckered which in turn pulls the skin into creases. As you strengthen the forehead you become more and more inclined to use it, which means you have a puckered muscle a lot of the time, and the forehead looks lined. Exercising the frontalis, especially with resistance exercise, will at the same time improve its condition so that it snaps back to its flat resting position better and better. If you don't mind living with the wrinkling that making the expression often will give you for a time you can exercise the frontalis more often, once a week should be enough though as it's not necessary to really build the frontalis to 'push out' the wrinkles... it's the condition/elasticity/tone of the muscle that will flatten it, which automatically eliminates the lines (a la botox!). I'm sorry I don't have a simple answer to your question, Bethany, but I really don't know the best way forward with the forehead. Either exercise it a lot, get faster long-term results but more wrinkling in the short term, or exercise it less often, allow it to gradually become smooth and look better as it happens. Or, of course, you could combine the two, exercise intensively for a few weeks before a special occasion, then stop altogether a month before the big day Confused

I don't exercise the corrugators (frown muscles)at all, as they're a small muscle, they don't need toning, and strengthening them just seems like a bad idea. I've found if you ignore them they go away, especially as the eye muscles get stronger and can do a lot of the squinting and concentrating expressions without leaving wrinkles.

Hope that helps a bit,

((((hugs)

Loulou

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Thanks for te pages loulou Very Happy

Ive been doing an upper eyelid exercises for awhile. Where i push my eyebrows up with fingers then slowly close my eyes. You can really feel the muscles shake.

However I think i may be overdoing it as my brows look a bit too high up Laughing if you know what i mean.

How much is too much for that area? Its such a tiny muscle. I do about 5 days a week, only 10 reps though.

Hi Carol Smile

Your eye exercises shouldn't be making your brows look higher Shock The muscle you're exercising (orbicularis oculi)squeezes the eyes closed, so strictly speaking it ought to be bringing the eyebrows lower. Are you doing exercises for the forehead too? Brow raising movements may raise the brows.

It is possible though that by thickening the rings of muscle around the eyes you've expanded the entire area. If so, you should be looking great under your eyes also, which is brilliant!

Anyway, to finally answer your question, you're not doing too much... unless your eyes are looking tired and crepy I think you're doing great! As you know, my book only has you do every other day, but there are 20 reps, so you and I seem to be in agree ment about how much to do.

Just to clear up one more thing, the muscle around the eyes is astonishingly big! I could not believe it when I first saw what they looked like, so don't worry about that. Just keep up the good work! Very Happy

((((hugs)

LL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi loulou Smile I think its just that the area looks more toned and a bit fuller maybe? which prob gives me the impression that my brows seem higher. It dosent look odd though so its okay.

No i dont do brow exercises, that area dosent seem to be a problem area for me.I dont even have the hint of a frown line. Nor horizontal one. I dont think i raise my brows much,not that im conscious of it anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 am      Reply with quote
loulou I got your PM but my reply is sitting in my outbox and im not sure why! As i did click send after writing it. Can you let me know if you dont get it?

Ta Smile

ETA nevr mind i see its now been sent:)

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |