Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've just read the long explanation by Dr.H on the 302 thread re alternating products. As a 302 user it convinced me to cut back my facial brushing to 2, maybe 3 times wk.

Think for me, daily brushing in winter, perhaps any time, is too much. Yes, the daily brushing really feels good, but am now persuaded I should give MGC (my glorious complexion - Rolling Eyes ) an opportunity to recover from this daily ritual, much as we have learned about everything.

Too much of a good thing can suddenly become a very bad thing.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
LouLou, I am rather memory-challenged and have trouble remembering which day for which set of exercises.... Is it OK for me to do both sets of exercises (Day 1 and Day 2) on the same day and then skip a day?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie, I think Lou Lou said it was fine to do both sets on the same day. I'm sure it's fine to skip a day.

If it works you can do two days in a row and then skip a day too... I don't think there are rigid rules.

She breaks them out into two separate days so your face doesn't undergo stress and there's the time factor also. I have done both on some days and I've even done Flex Effect the same day as one of Lou Lou's set of five. I'm not real worried about the face stress - unless I have something big coming up. Then I give it a day or two rest beforehand.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
EUREKA!! I finally found a video that shows massage, complete with pinching + all .. Dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5KxWUMGyo&feature=PlayList&p=DD1DC6912FAA4940&playnext=1&index=9

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou we really need a video on you doing a good massage Pretty please!!!!!!

Kassy, I think this video is exactly what we needed to determine intensity of massage. Everyone probably uses their own techniques but knowing the intensity is important. I am more intense and aggressive in my massage. I am curious how everyone else is with their massage. Please take a moment and view the clip Kassy found and let us know if this intensity is about right,less,or more than you use with your massage. Great research Kassy, maybe those of us that need visuals will get figure it out now.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
the video is great.....although i wish someone wud give me a massage like that then me doing it myself Wink

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing flex-away for about three weeks and doing it 2 -3 times a day ranging between 250 and 300 reps. If anything, I think I look worse... I am also doing a few other facial exercises I have found on-line for free. What is a reasonable time to wait to see results - 3 months? It is frustrating when I hear of others seeing results in such a short time.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
... Please take a moment and view the clip Kassy found and let us know if this intensity is about right,less,or more than you use with your massage
I use more intensity and spend less time. I do not pat, and mostly pinch.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yee Haw Kassy! That is a great video!! I used my castor oil to do it and kind of knocked out the OCM at the same time. It felt SOOOOOOOOO incredibly good! Thanks for posting!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
I have been doing flex-away for about three weeks and doing it 2 -3 times a day ranging between 250 and 300 reps. If anything, I think I look worse... I am also doing a few other facial exercises I have found on-line for free. What is a reasonable time to wait to see results - 3 months? It is frustrating when I hear of others seeing results in such a short time.

Hi, and welcome to EDS!

This thread is for Ageless, which is VERY different than Flex-Away.

I aw results at one month...others take longer. I am hoping to really see great results in 6 months, though I am seeing new changes every month.

I suspect that your problem is overdoing it though...too much exercise with no break for recovery will cause you to look tired, etc. Try cutting the number of times you are doing it, or switch to every other day.

Here is the thread for general facial exercise questions...it is over on the skincare forum (this is the tools forum) and covers all facial exercise brands. I will cross-post this answer for you there so that more Flex-Away users can answer you.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
LouLou, I am rather memory-challenged and have trouble remembering which day for which set of exercises.... Is it OK for me to do both sets of exercises (Day 1 and Day 2) on the same day and then skip a day?

Fawnie, LL advised me that I could do that if I wanted to do so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Can I just say that we seem to request quite a lot from LouLou for the big price we paid of $10? Confused JMHO.

I am betting that she is quickly seeing exactly why Flex Effect (professional videos and dedicated forum support) is $70. Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany for answering and letting me know I was in the wrong section! You might be right and maybe I am overdoing it. Sometimes less is more.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Quote:

Can I just say that we seem to request quite a lot from LouLou for the big price we paid of $10? Confused JMHO.

I am betting that she is quickly seeing exactly why Flex Effect (professional videos and dedicated forum support) is $70. Laughing

Yes I totally agree with you Bethany. The only reason I mentioned it was it has come up before and said she would.

Lou, when you wake up in the morning in the UK and read all of this no pressure here. We just like to see your pretty face and those GREAT cheeks Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Quote:

I am betting that she is quickly seeing exactly why Flex Effect (professional videos and indedicated forum support) is $70. Laughing

Yes, I surely agree.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:
Quote:

Yes I totally agree with you Bethany. The only reason I mentioned it was it has come up before and said she would.

Lou, when you wake up in the morning in the UK and read all of this no pressure here. We just like to see your pretty face and those GREAT cheeks Laughing
Toby

And just want to add that what I said in the beginning of the thread still goes, and I would be more than happy to cough up another $10 bucks for a video ... Laughing

LouLou spoiled us when she said a few pages ago she "was working on it"...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Bethany, Kassy, sister & Co.

I would not mind nor hesitate to pay for a video.

Loulou - thanks for a great program and help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

........IF the butt exercise is included too! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
EUREKA!! I finally found a video that shows massage, complete with pinching + all .. Dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5KxWUMGyo&feature=PlayList&p=DD1DC6912FAA4940&playnext=1&index=9

This was a fabulous video..THANKS!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
sigma wrote:

ROFLMAO!!

Wait till poor LL see's all this when she logs in...

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:45 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

This was a fabulous video..THANKS!!!

I'm glad it was helpful!

I can't tell you how many days I searched for just the right video..(At least my perception of what was right.. Embarassed )

I am so bloody thick with the written word it's a sin, but show me a video once, and I'm good to go.

otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Yay! She's goooooood! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:49 am      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:
bethany wrote:
deelighted wrote:
I just purchased the download version of the book, and am excited to start the program tonight.

I started reading the thread, and within the first few pages, I was hooked.

If I can get similar results as those of you who have posted your results and your pics, I will be one happy camper!

And it is way easier than dermarolling. Smile

I am hoping that a combination of the two will improve my skin and the muscle underneath it. It's all part of my plan to do my own makeover. Very Happy

Hi Deelighted... good for you, doing your own makeover! Thanks for buying my book... I've just bought the dermaroller too, although have been doing the exercises for some time! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:54 am      Reply with quote
coosi wrote:
From Lurking to Lemming Laughing
Downloaded the book, yanked my face around quite strenuously the last 2 days.
The logic appeals to me, certainly hope it works, seems like it should?

Not too clear yet on the massage, although my face feels a little traumatized just from the exercises Shock

I really want a glimpse of my old plumper, higher cheekbones back. And just about anything would be an improvement over my saggy, wrinkled eyelids.. Sad

So, thanks for a wonderfully optimistic thread, and a minimal hit to the pocketbook Laughing

Keep those stories rolling ("Rawhide")... Arrow

Thanks for buying my book, Coosi Cool

One good thing about facial exercise is that it does bring back your own face... people from your school start to recognise you at parties! Looking forward to you finding your shapely cheekbones again! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
fawnie wrote:
sigma wrote:

ROFLMAO!!

Wait till poor LL see's all this when she logs in...

Kassy! Laughing

Oh gosh, I'm sorry everyone, I'm running late with everything. My Christmas decorations are still up! Shock Tomorrow I'm having surgery on my nose so unless I manage it today I'm not going to get anything done for a couple of weeks. If I don't, the facial massage lady in Kassy's vid is spot-on, and it won't hurt to leave the occasional exercises for a bit. Cool

I have a very old vid of the butt exercises that I made for a friend a couple of years ago. If I don't make another one today I'll put that one on the photobucket site for a while, but I am beyond scruffy on it and never intended anyone but my very understanding friend to see it Neutral

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |