Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Moongoddess - I have been doing FE since June 2008 so maybe 8 months tops. And Lou Lou for maybe a month. I am faithful with both. I think FE is a terrific backbone - comprehensive, nice results.... Lou Lou's is the Zing, the zippity do dah, the dessert, the icing on the cake. The results are quicker, more obvious and very satisfyng. I think it's a great one-two punch....having them both. And Lou Lou's are quick and easiily integrated into your daily life. I have scaled FE back to about 23 exercises in total.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bren21, I do exactly the same thing you do - use my thumb and the side of my index finger for the exercises. Even with trimmed nails, it hurts too much to use my fingers. I have slender hands and fingers, and find that I get a much better grip using the sides of my index fingers - more strength that way, too. I've also used cotton gloves - the ones I wear at night when my hands are terribly dry, after slathering them in lotion and Vaseline - and those work well, too, to get a good grip.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
hey, which undereye exercise are you all referring to? my copy of the book doesn't have one...

please elaborate!

thanks!

--avalange

deelighted wrote:
zephyr wrote:
I can report a drastic, drastic improvement under my eyes. Don't know if you all remember, but my undereye area always looked sort of baggy, even when I was a child. Sort of a family trait. No dark circles, just bagginess. And in the past few years, it got much worse. The "squinty" eye exercise is really helping, yay!

I am really glad to read that the under eye exercise seems to be working so quickly. That is my top priority area that I want to improve.

Congratulations on your improvement so far!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
hey, which undereye exercise are you all referring to? my copy of the book doesn't have one...

please elaborate!

thanks!

--avalange

deelighted wrote:
zephyr wrote:
I can report a drastic, drastic improvement under my eyes. Don't know if you all remember, but my undereye area always looked sort of baggy, even when I was a child. Sort of a family trait. No dark circles, just bagginess. And in the past few years, it got much worse. The "squinty" eye exercise is really helping, yay!

I am really glad to read that the under eye exercise seems to be working so quickly. That is my top priority area that I want to improve.

Congratulations on your improvement so far!

I believe they are referring to P. 80-81 which is Day 2 exercise 8.
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Bren21, I do exactly the same thing you do - use my thumb and the side of my index finger for the exercises.

This is what I do also. Even with my nails trimmed short, they would still dig into my skin otherwise.

I really like the cotton gloves idea. I am going to try that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
After reading the threat yesterday I took a good look at my face and noticed my left side (cheek) seems to be "bigger". I know that is the side of my face that wink from so I might have more control over those muscles. Does anyone have a solution?

deelighted & zephyr you might want to look at this website also for your eyes - my eyes were brutal but in combination with Lou's book and this site in 3 weeks things have improved dramatically. I am sure Kassy's DIY eye serum is also a big part of the improvement.

http://www.shapeyourface.com/default.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to those exercises.. Really interesting and that man's face looks fabulous!! I wonder how old he is??

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
74 Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
wow, I didn't know facial exercises could give such good results! Shock

I find Loulou's understanding about the skin also very interesting.

Yeah Bren, your results are pretty impressive after 1 month workout! You must be getting compliments from other people, no?

The reason why your leftside may look more aged, is probably due to emotional problems. I have this too on my leftside. I read once in a magazine that when the leftside of your face is more aged than the right side, it's because of experiencing heavy negative emotions.

It's logical when you think the leftside of the body is wired to the rightside of the brain which stands more for the emotional stuff, that the effects of negative emotions will show up in the leftside of the face (as opposed to the 'normal' aging on the rightside unaffected by emotions/stress)
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've just downloaded the book and I'm currently using the facial flex.
Does anyone know if loulou recommends still using this device with the 'ageless' or if it has a tendency to overbuild the triangularis and create 'pouches'? (the reason I ask this is because she doesn't do many lower face and lip exercises herself).
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Also, there is an exercise in Yoga Face (which you can see done on You Tube) that specifically targets the under eyelid. Just search under "Yoga Face." This, combined with the LL exercises should do the trick...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Alley, thanks for the link - I think it's fabulous! I really like on exercise one how he shows to pull your skin back while doing the eye exercise so you don't get line while doing this - I can incorporate that into Loulou's eye exercise. I really like a couple of the others too - Thank you!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting you should say that about the left brain/right brain... My face really took a nose dive last summer (or at least that is when I noticed) and I can tell you I was under a tremendous amount of emotional and physical stress over the last nearly 2 years or more...seems logical that my left side is worse than my right in that respect. I have to say I am a side sleeper as well and sleep on both sides, BUT spend more time sleeping on my right than I do my left.
Yeah...I do get compliments from my co-worker (who is 10 years older than I) about how good my face is looking. I work weekends at this job so I only see her every weekend. She is ticked at me cause she knows all this stuff I am doing for my skin and now is obsessed about hers because of the improvement she has seen in mine!! ha ha....I have to bring my Stim in so she can use it on the weekends too....and of course, she is always drilling me about what new device, idea, gizmo or product I have come up with this week....

74??? Damn!!! He's lookin fine!!!! WOW!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Bren, just a thought about the 2 sides of the face being different..

Which side do you typically smoke on.. I know for me it's my left side, and the difference in the two sides is sickening.. I have more sag and fine lines on the left, and also my mouth corner is even lower.. Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
one more question.....

are we meant to do the pinching massage every day or only on alternative days when we do the exercises?

Sorry to seem dumb Embarassed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh!!! I'm an ex lefty smoker!!! BINGO!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I jumped back on the quitting wagon after my few days of puffing bliss!

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
oh wow Bren, beware that your coworker isn't going to run with your devices! Shock Laughing

but seriously she needs to buy her own! Idea

Yeah that could definitely be it (the emotional stress) you had that took it's toll on the leftside of your face as well.

The difference on my face also shows and I don't want this to be visible on my face of course.

Glad to know that there are techniques outthere that really help without having to lose alot of money. Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
wow, I didn't know facial exercises could give such good results! Shock

I find Loulou's understanding about the skin also very interesting.

Yeah Bren, your results are pretty impressive after 1 month workout! You must be getting compliments from other people, no?

The reason why your leftside may look more aged, is probably due to emotional problems. I have this too on my leftside. I read once in a magazine that when the leftside of your face is more aged than the right side, it's because of experiencing heavy negative emotions.

It's logical when you think the left side of the body is wired to the right side of the brain which stands more for the emotional stuff, that the effects of negative emotions will show up in the left side of the face (as opposed to the 'normal' aging on the right side unaffected by emotions/stress)

This is very interesting about the left side and emotional stress. I have an issue with my left side and I am not a smoker, I am a side sleeper but not always on the left side. I know my sinus issues are more pronounced on the left side. I really think there is something to the emotional issue. I will start researching that aspect. Thanks for the information.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
yes Toby, I would be interested in reading more about the topic too, but I don't think there is a lot of info written about it. I just can confirm that this is so in my case. Especially because I got this after a very difficult year when I shouldn't be having any signs of aging yet a few years ago and then I read that part in a magazine and I can confirm it is true.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
One reason muscles on one side of of the face may be more difficult to train is human laterality of motor control which is the preference that most humans show for one side of their body over the other, which may also include facial muscles.

Another reason skin on the left side of your face may be a bit more aged is that when you drive a car the left side of your face is more exposed to harmful rays from the sun Cool

That is not to say that stress may also affect the left side...just a few more thoughts to complicate things...
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:

It's logical when you think the leftside of the body is wired to the rightside of the brain which stands more for the emotional stuff, that the effects of negative emotions will show up in the leftside of the face (as opposed to the 'normal' aging on the rightside unaffected by emotions/stress)

My right side looks worse than the left and I'm right handed, have never smoked and never drive with the window down (way too cold where I live) Confused I wonder what kind of stress caused that...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Magica, I have the same thing. I was starting to think I was the only one!
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
The reason the left side of our faces ages more quickly is because when we drive the sun hits that side. ( in the U.S. of course)I've started putting my sunvisor down on that side. It would be interesting to hear from our British friends whether their face seems older on the right.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Magica, I have the same thing. I was starting to think I was the only one!

Well, aren't we a couple of weirdos! Laughing

My right side doesn't respond as well to exercise as the left side either. So with all this training, I'm worried about ending up with one side that looks 20 years younger than the other. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...I find all this interesting! A lot of us seem to have a dominant side when it comes to these exercises. I still laugh when my right brow is much higher than my left for a few minutes after the eye exercises...it's quite comical to look at...

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |