Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Rileygirl, I'm not an expert at all, but I have some dilated capillaries and facial exercise has not aggravated them. I don't pull or knead those areas as vigorously as elsewhere however. I understand that Retin-A thickens the dermis and eventually lessens the appearance of the capillaries in time, so that's my weapon of choice. HTH!

Fawnie, thank you for letting me know that yours have not gotten worse from the exercises. I will not be a vigorous on the areas that have them!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
LOL guilt isn't going to solve anything.... I often tell people to aim for at least 5-6 days a week because its kind of like a foundation program for your muscles.... but any exercise is better than none at all.

In FE we kind of go after every muscle grouping (whereas Loulou's targets the ones she considers to be the most important) so there is a slight difference but both have good effects for sure.

In doing some every day, your literally getting the muscles used to having the supply of blood they did when you were younger. Look at kids, their faces have about 100% perfect circulation (unless there is a health concern), but if you compare that with a 80 year old, the circulation is probably a lot less than that, in fact I remember a study done in Europe suggesting that after 30 years, your circulation decreases by about 10$ every 10 year grouping after.... so by 40 years you have lost 20% etc. The exercises and massage focus on not only improving the circulation but stimulating the muscles, connective tissue etc which also all decrease as the years roll on for the general population.

When people start exercising, that so called decreasing begins to slow down and at some point actually stop which is because the face has been brought back up to a healthy level and thus ageless. I think health is ESSENTIAL to anything...

Where most people seem to go wrong is in starting to do all 40 straight at once. I have lost count the number of times I try to convince them not to - but they don't listen. Usually I tell them to use just the dvd twice a day (as thats a great workout on the major groups) and then when they have nailed that.... to begin breaking the book down into parts. If your unfamiliar with exercises and start doing 40 of them, your going to be confused about placing, terminiology, contracting them, locating the muscles, etc. So 40 exercises can take them 4 hours. Better to start with the 15 minute dvd and work up to it.

Much easier and less stressful!
mpstat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
.... No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable and stresses the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd feel like a failure and that I had lost out on time and no way to make it up....

This is exactly the feeling I used to have before switching to 2+1 and since a week ago every other day schedule!

Sean this is really good information. You continuely amaze me with you knowledge....keep it coming.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
LOL - well thanks Toby!

I can imagine there are many people who want to kill me because I do try to explain things... and sometimes people just want a pure "Yes" or "No", but I found myself that if I understood things it was so much easier to motivate myself to do them.

Thats not to say though.... I didn't ever not do the exercises in the beginning, but after you do something for a while you can find yourself thinking... I wonder what this is about, or why do we do this... and there is always an answer. Many times the answers are there in the book, and you could find yourself reading the entire book once a week and discovering something you didn't recall or thought you hadn't read before... but thats what keeps it fresh in my mind.

Not to say I can answer every question on FE though, but usually I can pretty much work out whats going on and thats because of my own personal training experience and its something that you (and others out there) will build up yourself over time.

Sean Laughing
EMR
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,
I'm new to EDS and have lurked/read about 300 pgs of threads incl. 302,this one, dermarolling, L2K, and bought everything ncecessary to start.....everything! Amex loves me and yet it's still cheaper than 1 syringe of Sculptra - loving that!
Not going to pepper you all with quest. yet. A lot of info here and on all the threads.
Just one request - bought LouLou's book - twice actually since I can't find my first download anywhere on my hard drive.
In any case while rereading this thread before starting the ex. I saw some links to a particular exercise for the gluts / behind. Clicked on the link but on my MAC the page was blank - Would one of you please mind reposting the link - or do you think LouLou removed it permanently?
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
hi EMR,

are you referring to an exercise that Loulou suggested on how to "lift" the butt?

I remember reading about this on the thread, but didn't see a link with more explanation. Yet I didn't read the full thread like you did Embarassed Laughing so I might have overlooked that link in another post.

All I know is that she said when you *kick* the leg backwards and then quickly move it to the side (and probably repeat x20) you can firm your butt.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, in case I'm wrong!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
The butt exercise is more of slower movement. I was doing it kind of quickly until I saw the video. LouLou was doing it slower. More or less it's putting your leg behind you while having the knee bent, extend the leg out behind you....bend the leg back at the knee and move it to the side then extend the bent knee out to the side....so then you bend the leg at knee once again and just keep repeating the motion: extend behind you, bend, extend the side, bend, extend behind you etc....20 reps....I try and do 20 AM and 20 PM....the slower and more controlled you do the movement, the more "burn" you will get!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
EMR
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bren thanks for the detailed reply....
the only confusion I have is what postition I should have my leg in when I move it to the side....should my leg be bent at a right angle then move it to the side?.....or does one straighten the leg and then move it to the side?
I imagine the position of the leg at this point is integral to the efficacy of this exercise - so
sorry to be so stupid about this - one of those cases where a picture is worth a thousand words.....lol
EMR
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
oh never mind Bren......just reread your reply again for the 12th time and I think you'd already answered my question.....my thanks again
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
EMR: Private message me and I'll send you a copy of the little video of Loulou's exercise.
I think I have it saved and accidently opened it last night.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
EMR
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks MGirl - I've pm'd you....
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
"Doggy kicks" or "Fire Hydrant" is what we always called the butt exercise.....it's kind of self-explanatory when you think of it that way! Laughing ...and if you are on all 4's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
"Doggy kicks" or "Fire Hydrant" is what we always called the butt exercise.....it's kind of self-explanatory when you think of it that way! Laughing ...and if you are on all 4's.

That's what I thought about it, as well. Or, a move from the Billy Blanks tape - he does the exact same move!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist (i love your name!)

i am perpetually far behind in reading all the posts in this thread!

and what happens to me..because ther's so many posts here..is that i get overwhelmed...and don't read them at all..i am currently pages behind.

actually that's true of most of the threads that i'm really most interested in on this forum..i mean it's great that's it's such a lively forum..but it requires a lot of attention..

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bren...have you noticed any lifting since doing the butt exercises?

I tried them once so far.and could really feel the muscles working..but you've been doing them for a couple of weeks ..haven't you?

anyone else noticing their butt lifting from Loulou's excercise.

i've been digging out of storage all my 'ancient' face exercise books from years ago...to take a second look at them now ...and i discovered an old callanstics body exercise book, too.

the butt exercise recommended in this book is incredible, also..

very small, small, small movements..but so very, very, very intense..

the woman who developed this technique said that in her experience everyone..no matter how old..(she said even a 80 year old)..can have lifted..'peach-like' butt cheeks by doing this exercise..

so i've been doing this the last couple of days..will report more.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Freya
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Any advice from LouLou or anyone else would be much appreciated...

I have been doing these exercises for about 3 weeks, and I really like how my face feels after each session. I am only doing exercises 1-10, not any of the additional extras forehead exercises. However, I am having a lot of trouble with tension in my forehead, to the point that the muscles above the eyebrows are in visible knots.

How could I help those muscles relax? Am I making it worse by working the rest of my face and not that area?

Thank you for any advice!! Smile
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

i've been digging out of storage all my 'ancient' face exercise books from years ago...to take a second look at them now ...and i discovered an old callanstics body exercise book, too.

the woman who developed this technique said that in her experience everyone..no matter how old..(she said even a 80 year old)..can have lifted..'peach-like' butt cheeks by doing this exercise..

My dear jasminerosey, how can you tease us like that and not describe the exercise? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

i am perpetually far behind in reading all the posts in this thread!

and what happens to me..because ther's so many posts here..is that i get overwhelmed...and don't read them at all..i am currently pages behind.

Yes, I'm trying to decide whether or not I should go back and try to read what I've missed. Glad I'm not the only having trouble keeping up! Smile

I do want to see that exercise video, though... my glutes aren't bad but they can use some lifting, for sure Laughing

Rileygirl, which Billy Blanks tape has this exercise? I have a set of them that I got a few ago, maybe it will be on one of them? I really need to start doing those again anyway. Winter always drags me down a bit, but it's doing a number on me this year Neutral
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Freya wrote:
Any advice from LouLou or anyone else would be much appreciated...

I have been doing these exercises for about 3 weeks, and I really like how my face feels after each session. I am only doing exercises 1-10, not any of the additional extras forehead exercises. However, I am having a lot of trouble with tension in my forehead, to the point that the muscles above the eyebrows are in visible knots.

How could I help those muscles relax? Am I making it worse by working the rest of my face and not that area?

Thank you for any advice!! Smile

Freya, I'm hoping someone more knowledgable will chime in soon, but are you doing the massage, too?

If not, try giving the area (and the rest of your face too) a vigorous massage. That should help to relax those muscles.

Use your best judgement, but I like to squeeze, knead, pinch, tug, pat, etc, almost to the point of pain... and my skins feels great when I'm done. Just be as vigorous as you're comfortable with, and that should go a long way toward relieving the tension.

Hope that helps a little!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Rileygirl, which Billy Blanks tape has this exercise? I have a set of them that I got a few ago, maybe it will be on one of them? I really need to start doing those again anyway. Winter always drags me down a bit, but it's doing a number on me this year Neutral

I'm sorry, lowbrow, it has been so many years ago that I did one of his tapes that I don't remember! If you have a set of them, I bet it will be on at least one of his tapes!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi jasminerosey - I had the Callanetics tape and it was awesome. I got back in shape after my two children with it and Yes it works. There are lots of sites out there devoted to Callanetics still and I'm sure if anyone is interested they can be found with an internet search.
Lou Lou's butt exercise (just like her face exercises) really gets the job done and in quick order. I've been doing the kicks for a few weeks now and everything is definitely lifted. do wish the face worked as quickly. Laughing

Guess we should get back on topic about Lou Lou's Ageless....For me....It rocks. I can see a huge difference in doing this less than two months. I had been doing FE faithfully - full 40 exercises for about 6 months so I had a nice base and then WHAM-O along comes Lou Lou. I think I've said this a few times and probably on the other Face Exercise thread but Lou Lou's exercises really brought everything out in short order. I still do a skeleton group of FE (and I love them). I avoid any that are purported to cause the dreadful lower face drag. There are some great exercises in FE that compliment what I do with Ageless and give the lift. If anyone would like to know more of what I do and don't you can PM me.

Sis

jasminerosey wrote:
Bren...have you noticed any lifting since doing the butt exercises?

I tried them once so far.and could really feel the muscles working..but you've been doing them for a couple of weeks ..haven't you?

anyone else noticing their butt lifting from Loulou's excercise.

mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
on day 4 now, and i think i can see some sliight plumping or lifting in my cheeks... the thing is, i really noticed this after the first day, but it wore off. Now I'm wondering if its a temporary swelling from pinching the flesh during the exercises that causes the plumped or lifted look? I hope it becomes more permanent!

Also, I got my first bruise - right by my left eye too Confused
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Jasmine....haven't noticed any lifting in the tush myself, but I was doing the exercises a bit wrong and going too fast with the kick. Now that I saw the video and have been slowing things down I have been really feeling the burn, I have no doubt I should see something happening in a few weeks. If my a$$ doesn't respond to this I will really be surprised!!! Laughing Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Back again. Regarding my smaller eyes, no I'm not tired and the undereye area is very smooth. The lower lid has definitely raised itself upwards. I'll try to get a pic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Gah! I thought I could upload images from my computer but guess I can't. Anyway, my theory is that my cheeks have raised, pushing up the entire area under my eyes, which are really, really deepset. I have two pics, one from October last year way before I started the LL exercises and one now and my cheeks are way higher.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
That is way cool your cheeks are higher Antonia!! I wish mine would start heading North.. ha ha....my eyelids seem to have the right idea!!! are the Ageless exercises the only thing you are doing exercise wise?

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |