Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have been having a hard time getting a grip, so I tried my tee shirt and tissue to get a better grip. It works, but That burns! So weird, I have used all kinds of peels and such, who would think toilet paper would scrape your face?
Ow! Mad
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Cotton gloves have been recommended.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you...I think I have some...seems like they would be the same as my tee shirt. But maybe not, because the tee shirt sort of slips.
happycamper

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I bought Ageless about 10 days ago and feel there is some positive change.

Here's hoping.

Happy
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It's nice to know Lou is accounted for. The dear girl gets no privacy!

I was not trying to invade her privacy.

The question was asked here if anyone knew where she was, and I answered b/c we hadn't heard from her on the Ageless forum for quite awhile.

Thought maybe some would like to know she was trying to get back to posting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
So sorry Linda Lou - I didn't mean it that way.

I meant LL is like a movie star and in-demand.
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
So sorry Linda Lou - I didn't mean it that way.

I meant LL is like a movie star and in-demand.

No prob.........She sure has been in demand on ageless lately, I'll give ya that! Very Happy
Y_Not

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to provide an update on my progress with Ageless If You Dare:

I was looking for an inexpensive regime that would address the increasing sagging of my 50-year old face. I was using good skin care but it couldn’t do the “heaving lifting” that I needed. Even when I was younger I’ve never had the full apple-cheeks of youth. Now the whole face was starting to sag and the nasal-labial folds were very prominent. I didn’t have any extra weight to give my face a fuller look so, in my search for a solution, I was directed to this thread.

I downloading LouLou’s book and started the exercises on Jan. 15th, using the videos as a guide until I became familiar with the hand placement.

For the first 2 days I followed the regime according to the book – after that I did all the exercises (Day 1, Day 2, all Alternatives) every day, five days a week – usually taking weekends off. I do the exercises intensely and deliberately, concentrating on the muscles being worked

I started by using cotton gloves but found that pieces of paper towel are much better.

I usually do them at my desk in front of the computer (at home). For some exercises I rest my elbows on the desk. For others I rest the back of my head on my chair. I find that this relieves some of the ache to the head, neck and arms.

At the end of each session my face is reddish but this goes away within an hour or so. The muscles feel slightly achy, just like your muscles feel after a workout at the gym.

My Results:

I can hardly believe it as I write this but I now have cheeks – distinct muscular cheeks that look even more sculpted by the incredible results of the “Crush” which I have become so good at that it’s all I can do to hold onto my skin. On the occasional day that I can’t do all the exercises I still do Day 1 as I was obsessed with building the cheeks.

The cheek exercises, in combination with the “Wish” exercise have plumped up the area under my crow’s feet, softening them considerably.

The 11’s between my eyebrows have also softened noticeably due to the “Central Forehead” exercise.

My neck and under my chin are tight – absolutely no sag at all. Not that I had much sag but now it’s very firm.

I still have nasal-labial lines and I realize that I still have a way to go to pull everything up enough to minimize them. But I am absolutely committed to this program.

I am writing to offer encouragement to anyone who has doubts about the effectiveness of facial exercise in general, but more importantly this easy to follow program. Ageless If You Dare puts the power to control the aging of your face in your hands – literally. It works only if you do it but it does work.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
It is very good to hear about the results!! I have always had a flat face too. My jowls are the kind where you can't tell if its because I gained weight or if its my age. Maybe its both.

And my mouth turns down, like I am sad. I really want that to turn up!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci - did you read the Ageless book where LouLou talks about how to hold your face?

I've found that if I keep my mouth corners slightly upturned in a pleasant semi-smile I automatically look better, more approachable and the world sees me as this way. It makes you feel better too.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
SansSouci - did you read the Ageless book where LouLou talks about how to hold your face?

I've found that if I keep my mouth corners slightly upturned in a pleasant semi-smile I automatically look better, more approachable and the world sees me as this way. It makes you feel better too.

Yes, I did read that..I am also trying to remember to stand up straight, keep chin a little out... Laughing I also discovered flannel is softer than toilet paper.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Y_Not wrote:
I just had to provide an update on my progress with Ageless If You Dare:

I was looking for an inexpensive regime that would address the increasing sagging of my 50-year old face. I was using good skin care but it couldn’t do the “heaving lifting” that I needed. Even when I was younger I’ve never had the full apple-cheeks of youth. Now the whole face was starting to sag and the nasal-labial folds were very prominent. I didn’t have any extra weight to give my face a fuller look so, in my search for a solution, I was directed to this thread.

I downloading LouLou’s book and started the exercises on Jan. 15th, using the videos as a guide until I became familiar with the hand placement.

For the first 2 days I followed the regime according to the book – after that I did all the exercises (Day 1, Day 2, all Alternatives) every day, five days a week – usually taking weekends off. I do the exercises intensely and deliberately, concentrating on the muscles being worked

I started by using cotton gloves but found that pieces of paper towel are much better.

I usually do them at my desk in front of the computer (at home). For some exercises I rest my elbows on the desk. For others I rest the back of my head on my chair. I find that this relieves some of the ache to the head, neck and arms.

At the end of each session my face is reddish but this goes away within an hour or so. The muscles feel slightly achy, just like your muscles feel after a workout at the gym.

My Results:

I can hardly believe it as I write this but I now have cheeks – distinct muscular cheeks that look even more sculpted by the incredible results of the “Crush” which I have become so good at that it’s all I can do to hold onto my skin. On the occasional day that I can’t do all the exercises I still do Day 1 as I was obsessed with building the cheeks.

The cheek exercises, in combination with the “Wish” exercise have plumped up the area under my crow’s feet, softening them considerably.

The 11’s between my eyebrows have also softened noticeably due to the “Central Forehead” exercise.

My neck and under my chin are tight – absolutely no sag at all. Not that I had much sag but now it’s very firm.

I still have nasal-labial lines and I realize that I still have a way to go to pull everything up enough to minimize them. But I am absolutely committed to this program.

I am writing to offer encouragement to anyone who has doubts about the effectiveness of facial exercise in general, but more importantly this easy to follow program. Ageless If You Dare puts the power to control the aging of your face in your hands – literally. It works only if you do it but it does work.

This is amazing for me to read. I have only been doing Ageless for about a month now - but came to the conclusion (about 3 days ago) that I would attempt all of Day 1 and all of day 2 PLUS most of the occasionals, on a daily basis.

Obviously, I was a bit uncertain about the wisdom of doing this - but, so far, I look good the next day (early weeks I looked tired next day) and I'm just feeling really positive about this whole programme - so thanks for posting your routine, three months in! Very Happy

I think that it's possible different people benefit from utilising the programme in ways that will suit them - and for some people it's better to go really slowly. Some of us, though, will probably find that we do well to be quite aggressive in approach. Here's hoping I'm on the right track with that just now... Question
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving the results I'm reading about. Y Not: I did all of the exercises tonight after reading your post - even the "others" which I never do. And geez, they're great. thanks for the inspiration.

I've been alternating days lately: FE one day and ageless the next. And I'm going to add these to my Agless exercises on a regular basis. I totally believe in the power of facial exercise and massage and stories like yours and semayden really keep me going.

So glad it's working for you both. I know it's working for me.
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Y Not, your post is SO very encouraging to those of us who are longing for good results!

Me?

Well, I guess I would be afraid to do the regimen that you have done, but I have funky build from FE, that I"m hoping will go, so I don't want to overdo anything at this point.

I think though, that I will add in the occasional ex's weekly, as once per month just doens't seem enough to me.

Congrats on having cheeks! Very Happy
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know exactly how long LL's program has been in existence???

Just curious.

I would love to hear of longer term results, such as someone who's done the program for say...a year. Think that would be interesting.

Linda
cheesetoastie
5% products discount

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm new to both Ageless (1 week) and this forum, and was wondering if anyone had any problems with increased skin looseness/crepeyness from exercising. I've been following posts re the importance of stimulating/challenging the skin and am giving it a go, but am a little nervous re my family's tendency towards 'baggy' (small faces prone to sag). Plus I hadn't noticed quite how fragile (old-ish) my skin had become 'til I started these exercises (ie. paying attention Laughing - watching me exercise is not for the faint-hearted). Anyone else?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
LL finally checked in at Ageless yesterday.

She's been having a great deal of trouble with her computer.

Just to reassure...

Linda Very Happy

Yes, LouLou is back on the track. I got her email too. So she is fine Dancing

Now a little update on my results. I started the program in early February, and have been following the alternative days program, paying a little extra attention to the neck (repeating the the exercise twice).

When I just started, the first 2 weeks showed incredible difference and, as I posted before, people started noticing that my face looks fuller (I normally had very flat face), neck and under the jaw the skin became much much tighter.

Then in about 3d -4th weeks, I could see that my face is having a "set back". It just looked tired and I couldn't see such brilliant results anymore. But I continued exactly as directed. I contacted LouLou and she started giving me recommendations and suggested more intense program to address my specific issues.

Meanwhile, while I was in back and forth writing with LouLou, I was doing the regular program and my face and neck again became showing really nice results. My husband took some pictures of me playing with our son (I wasn't even posing for it, no special smile etc), and when I looked at the pictures I was shocked! I honestly have never seen my face like that... there was someone else looking at me... someone with nicely shaped cheeks! So it was at about 1.5 month mark.

Then I started more intense program that LouLou recommended (actually even not as much intense as she suggested, but I doubled the efforts). And my skin again started showing more sag for a little while. Another set back. I took 2 days off and now I continue with more intense program. I am pleased with results again, but I still have a long way to go to correct some asymmetry in my face and improve the Mouth-t-Nose line on the left side (ho, boy, is it stubborn little thing! Rolling Eyes )

It seems like the Mouth-t-nose area is the most difficult to deal with in this program. Has anyone seen a good progress in this area?
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ella-stella,

Does your more intense programme involve more reps for each exercise and if so how many? Also, how does loulou recommend fixing the asymmetry in your face as I have the same problem and not sure how to handle it. Confused
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
It would be wrong for me to give you the details on the individualized program, and it might not be even good for you as LouLou spent quite a bit of time studying my pictures asking me bunch of specific questions, for example, how I chew, on what side I normally sleep etc. So her recommendations for my face might not be the same for everyone.

You can contact her and ask her about private training if you are interested. here is her email.

LouiseAnnetteUK@aol.com

She's been the most helpful with advice and gave much time even before I signed up for the private programme and she is the sweetest person, but I must tell you to prepare to be patient as she seems to be very busy and it takes at least a week to get a reply from her to each email I sent her. But I am OK with that as there is nothing really urgent happening on my face, and it is a long term project. Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
It is very good to hear about the results!! I have always had a flat face too. My jowls are the kind where you can't tell if its because I gained weight or if its my age. Maybe its both.

And my mouth turns down, like I am sad. I really want that to turn up!

SansSouci, I started a thread about the corners of my mouth drooping down, but now they're starting to turn up. I've been doing Ageless initially only once a week (time got away from me). Lately I have tried much harder to get to twice a week. I even resorted to doing both days exercises in one sitting, so the next day I can rest. LOL I just sort of noticed the corners of my mouth are not drooping now. They're starting to turn up. I'm thinking it might be Ageless. Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed that when you do the exercise, your right muscle is stronger? I noticed that about my muscles. For example, the first Day 1 exercise where I'm supposed to pull up the cheek muscles straight up. My right muscle flexes much stronger. I wonder how I can make my lazy left muscle flex harder.
happycamper

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

I think you pasted a picture in the middle of your posting (or maybe it was someone else).

Could you tell me how to do this?

Thank you in advance.
Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I just watched both day1 and day2 videos (first time watching), read the book along, AND did the exercises all in one shot. I was amazed that I was kinda doing it wrong in some exercises. It was most certainly nice to watch how it should be done. Yeah I know what you'll say. Why in hell did you not watch the video earlier? Pure laziness to turn on the computer back on. Every time I thought to do the program I was getting ready for bed. The book is in my bathroom. After I wash my face, then I will do the exercise. This morning I decided to try something new, becoming a new woman. haha Anyway, I'm going to try to do both days exercises every day, too, or at the very least every other day.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
Y Not, your post is SO very encouraging to those of us who are longing for good results!

Me?

Well, I guess I would be afraid to do the regimen that you have done, but I have funky build from FE, that I"m hoping will go, so I don't want to overdo anything at this point.

I think though, that I will add in the occasional ex's weekly, as once per month just doens't seem enough to me.

Congrats on having cheeks! Very Happy

Hi, what do you mean by funky build?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
How do you all deal with fingernails digging in to your cheeks while exercising? I had to cut both thumb nails all the way down, so they wouldn't poke me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |