Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I still think it's a great deal, and if I didn't already have the program, I would pay the new price for it. When you compare it to the prices of other programs (that don't work as well) it's still quite competitive.

My humble opinion, anyway. What's that commercial say? "I'm worth it."

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to add to my post but edit time had expired:

Here are the costs for three of the major programs including Ageless:

Ageless If You Dare - Book is $29.00, DVD is $27.00 - $56.00 total

Carolyn's Facial Fitness - Value pack, which includes DVD and pacing CD, is $39.95

Full kit includes the above and flash cards, workbook, mirror and free skin care products - $67.95

Flex Effect - $119.95 - includes DVD, book, CD and training log. They also have a support forum staffed by trainers that many find valuable.

So you see the pricing is certainly competitive.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am      Reply with quote
These excercises are so cool. I know it takes a while to see real improvement but my face and neck are firmer already and when i put on face cream and makeup, i need less of both and am applying it sparely with better results. i do them everyday with the massage and started face brushing everyday with an old clean boar bristle hairbrush. i'm not sure it's ok to use a hairbrush on my face but so far it doesn't seem to be doing any harm. i know i'm supposed to take a break but i feel so much better when i do them. my question, does anyone know of a technique to firm up sagging earlobes?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking for a suitable brush myself. I'm not up to paying $40 for a face brush! I did find one on Amazon that is for the body and it seems okay.

If the brush you're using on your face isn't irritating you, and your skin feels invigorated after you use it, I don't see the harm! I know zero about skin brushing though so someone else might want to chime in!

Googled "sagging earlobes" for you - and this video looked interesting:

http://www.the33tv.com/about/station/newsteam/kdaf-earlobe-rejuvenation-story,0,4743367.story

I've never heard of an exercise for the earlobes. Sorry hon!

5% products discount

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much immocolata. i'll check it out. The closest i could come to some kind of excercise for the earlobes was on carolyns site, but you must purchase the entire course. there is a website that has massages for the face and scalp written by eve frasier and in particular there is one for the ears to give a glow to the face. i think it might work to stimulate collagen and cause some thickening and reduce sagging. can't hurt to try. the ageless crush excercise, does it mean not to do it if you have a gaunt looking face? i've been skipping it because i want a fuller face.
ballerina
5% products discount

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, Carolyn's course is most definitely not worth the money.... Of all the programs I bought that did the least
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 am      Reply with quote
is there any difference between the Ageless if you Dare ebook and the DVD, other then of course one is a video.... are there more exercises in the ebook than the dvd? thank you
Ageless Steve Royce
5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daler,
The DVD has all the exercises in a tutorial section and then real time 5 minute workouts to follow along with.

The book offers explanations about how and why the program works, gives guidance for how to assess the condition of your face, recognise when you could do with a rest and understand some of the stages your face will go through. 30 day does have one or two different exercises, but they aren't at all essential.

Regards, Ageless Steve

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve Royce wrote:
Hi Daler,
The DVD has all the exercises in a tutorial section and then real time 5 minute workouts to follow along with.

The book offers explanations about how and why the program works, gives guidance for how to assess the condition of your face, recognise when you could do with a rest and understand some of the stages your face will go through. 30 day does have one or two different exercises, but they aren't at all essential.

Regards, Ageless Steve

Thank you!
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
pinkiebrie@yahoo.com wrote:
These excercises are so cool. I know it takes a while to see real improvement but my face and neck are firmer already and when i put on face cream and makeup, i need less of both and am applying it sparely with better results. i do them everyday with the massage and started face brushing everyday with an old clean boar bristle hairbrush. i'm not sure it's ok to use a hairbrush on my face but so far it doesn't seem to be doing any harm. i know i'm supposed to take a break but i feel so much better when i do them. my question, does anyone know of a technique to firm up sagging earlobes?

Do you mean the bit where it joins the face? I have heard that Tom Hagartys ear wiggle (which I am STILL yet to master!) can help with that

http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Something I've noticed; I now see why some people think that facial exercise causes wrinkles.

I don't think that it does - maybe some people experience wrinkles, but I believe that many are mistaking what they are seeing. This has been my experience:

About a month into the exercises, I noticed that as my cheeks were lifting, there was a fan of tiny lines that formed where the build was happening. I wish I could explain it better. They disappeared after a week of doing the exercises - I do the full routine 3 times a week.

However, as the cheek has lifted more in the second month, I notice a second tiny fan of lines, higher up. Based on last month's experience, I am looking forward to seeing these disappear too!

So I think that as the face changes shape, the skin takes just a little time to catch up.

I love aging in reverse! Smile

Want to add also that I love the Crush exercise - I've always had plump cheeks (before they fell down around my jaw, lol) and craved those chiseled cheeks that you saw on Glamour and Vogue models! Now my cheeks have a definite "cut" look - nice definition that gives my face a prettier, more contoured shape. Thanks Lou Lou!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Guests have gone, yay! Time to get back onto the program after a few days off.
newera
5% products discount

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
ballerina wrote:
Actually, Carolyn's course is most definitely not worth the money.... Of all the programs I bought that did the least

Each to their own, of course - but for me Carolyn's Facial Fitness has been worth every penny. I'm 67 and have been doing it for nearly four years. However, I'm glad for anyone who's had success with any other program, Ageless or otherwise.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that any one of these programs can change your face for the better. I chose Ageless after careful review of all of them. It proved to be the best program for me, but I don't want to bash other people's programs. Different people need different solutions. Some have had great results with Carolyn's Facial Fitness.

It might not be for some people - some people want more (or less) from a program. I wanted results in as little time as possible. I read up on facial exercise, and checked out what videos and sample exercises were available from the different programs. I had a copy of the Ageless wmv on a computer that I had bought second hand and had looked at it, but dismissed it at the time. After reading all the positive reviews when I was searching for a solution to my sagging cheeks and chin, I dug out the old laptop and watched the video again, and started doing the exercises. I knew immediately that they were working my face; I felt the burn, I guess you'd say. After a couple of weeks I knew I was onto something. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Something I've noticed; I now see why some people think that facial exercise causes wrinkles.

I don't think that it does - maybe some people experience wrinkles, but I believe that many are mistaking what they are seeing. This has been my experience:

About a month into the exercises, I noticed that as my cheeks were lifting, there was a fan of tiny lines that formed where the build was happening. I wish I could explain it better. They disappeared after a week of doing the exercises - I do the full routine 3 times a week.

However, as the cheek has lifted more in the second month, I notice a second tiny fan of lines, higher up. Based on last month's experience, I am looking forward to seeing these disappear too!

So I think that as the face changes shape, the skin takes just a little time to catch up.

I love aging in reverse! Smile

Want to add also that I love the Crush exercise - I've always had plump cheeks (before they fell down around my jaw, lol) and craved those chiseled cheeks that you saw on Glamour and Vogue models! Now my cheeks have a definite "cut" look - nice definition that gives my face a prettier, more contoured shape. Thanks Lou Lou!

Immacolata , it's so wonderful, and also fascinating, to read your post. You've clearly bonded with your face and are enjoying it. When I read your post I feel so proud to know that you are embracing the Ageless programme, and so appreciative of the generous way you share your experiences. Thanks for your insights too.. I hadn't thought much about temporary little lines, but you are spot on!
Deeply appreciative
Loulou

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank YOU dear Lou Lou! I do confess to having "bonded" - I'll catch myself turning my face this way and that when I put makeup on, looking for new differences.

I've got the perfect before photo, courtesy of the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. I am going to take a progress photo at 6 months, but I'm not sure that I'll post it - I'm a little wary of posting them at this point. People can be cruel. Sad

But I have Photoshop, and used a bare illustration of a face to draw on and show you what I mean:

Image 1 shows the NL lines. Fortunately, they are not THAT bad. Just using the pen tool in Photoshop.

Image 2 shows that the NL lines have curved up. They are very much improved at this point - they look bad in the illustration, but you can really tell the difference. They're less folded, if that makes any sense. I've also drawn the little fan of lines on either cheek. In the illustration they look noticeable, but they are not unless you're up close to the mirror. They only appear when I smile or scrunch my nose.

Another change that I've noticed. I would not have noticed how much my upper lip has firmed up and lifted, but I have a small v-shaped hairline scar on my upper lip from an accident years ago. It looked like this - it was off to the side of my nose and close to the lip itself:

It has moved noticeably up and in, under my nose and higher up on the lip, thus:

Sorry for the quality of the scribbles, but I think you get the picture.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
newera wrote:
ballerina wrote:

Each to their own, of course - but for me Carolyn's Facial Fitness has been worth every penny. I'm 67 and have been doing it for nearly four years. However, I'm glad for anyone who's had success with any other program, Ageless or otherwise.

I love Carolyn's program too!
pinkiebrie@yahoo.com
5% products discount

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
thanks puddlelover for the link to tom haggerty's site. i don't think i can manage it either. i didn't describe my earlobe problem right, i meant the earlobe where you put on earrings. mine are very thin and delicate and look like they are sagging, and i want to thicken them up if possible. actually i think lou lou's neck excercise plus massaging the ears is helping a little. just want to share, playtex disposable gloves work too besides tissue or cotton gloves to grip the skin.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Thank YOU dear Lou Lou! I do confess to having "bonded" - I'll catch myself turning my face this way and that when I put makeup on, looking for new differences.

I've got the perfect before photo, courtesy of the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. I am going to take a progress photo at 6 months, but I'm not sure that I'll post it - I'm a little wary of posting them at this point. People can be cruel. Sad

But I have Photoshop, and used a bare illustration of a face to draw on and show you what I mean:

Image 1 shows the NL lines. Fortunately, they are not THAT bad. Just using the pen tool in Photoshop.

Image 2 shows that the NL lines have curved up. They are very much improved at this point - they look bad in the illustration, but you can really tell the difference. They're less folded, if that makes any sense. I've also drawn the little fan of lines on either cheek. In the illustration they look noticeable, but they are not unless you're up close to the mirror. They only appear when I smile or scrunch my nose.

Another change that I've noticed. I would not have noticed how much my upper lip has firmed up and lifted, but I have a small v-shaped hairline scar on my upper lip from an accident years ago. It looked like this - it was off to the side of my nose and close to the lip itself:

It has moved noticeably up and in, under my nose and higher up on the lip, thus:

Sorry for the quality of the scribbles, but I think you get the picture.

Wow Immacolata, that's wonderful info! I'm glad Ageless is working for you... I think another factor in your progress is that you have such an upbeat and positive nature that shines out of your posts. You're the kind of person whose face springs to life as soon as the muscles get attention. Once you enjoy your face it lifts and brightens overnight.

It's good to have your detailed analysis of your face to show precisely where you're seeing a difference. It's helpful to illustrate exactly what happens (and your changes are almost textbook examples of progress). And I'm very happy, because it's great to see you're succeeding, and fab that you've told everyone else about it too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
pinkiebrie@yahoo.com wrote:
thanks puddlelover for the link to tom haggerty's site. i don't think i can manage it either. i didn't describe my earlobe problem right, i meant the earlobe where you put on earrings. mine are very thin and delicate and look like they are sagging, and i want to thicken them up if possible. actually i think lou lou's neck excercise plus massaging the ears is helping a little. just want to share, playtex disposable gloves work too besides tissue or cotton gloves to grip the skin.

Hi pinkiebrie (love your name btw).

As you've spotted, you should be able to thicken them up by rubbing them and rolling them between your fingers. Would be great if you could report your findings. Thanks for the info.

If you would,how does the Long Neck exercise help...Do you move your ears when you do it?
LL Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I am about half way into the 30 day programme. I have been doing Ageless off and on - not too consistantly enough - for about a year. I started the 30 day programme to boost things and give me motivation to be more consistant with the programme.
And a boost it really is. The corners of my mouth are turning back up, my n/l's apparently shrink like mad from the smile wheel ex and are more 'rounded' no longer depressingly straight down. Things are really moving now, the 30 day programme is doing more boosting than I expected!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I am about half way into the 30 day programme. I have been doing Ageless off and on - not too consistantly enough - for about a year. I started the 30 day programme to boost things and give me motivation to be more consistant with the programme.
And a boost it really is. The corners of my mouth are turning back up, my n/l's apparently shrink like mad from the smile wheel ex and are more 'rounded' no longer depressingly straight down. Things are really moving now, the 30 day programme is doing more boosting than I expected!

That's terrific Smile Congratulations on your hard work. Now you've gotten me even more curious about the program Smile ...

5% products discount

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou or steve....

I have the original book but I now want to purchase the 30 day ebook, I tried doing it on the website but the only actual way to pay for it is paypal.

The problem is my paypal is messed up. Do you accept any other methods of payment?

Thanks
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
sally565 wrote:
Hi Loulou or steve....

I have the original book but I now want to purchase the 30 day ebook, I tried doing it on the website but the only actual way to pay for it is paypal.

The problem is my paypal is messed up. Do you accept any other methods of payment?

Thanks

Hi Sally, I don't have a PayPal account and was able to buy it with a credit card just a few weeks ago. Hope this helps.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much Cookie D, you're spot on. PayPal cater for guest customers so you don't have to sign up for an account, or we also accept a check or postal order. Or email me and I will sort something out!

All best wishes, ageless steve Royce

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |