Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I just want to also add that it might not be a stronger muscle, but may also be about the skin/connective tissue on top of the muscles, as I know when I did my eyes at one point a couple of years ago, the skin would go all crinkly even though the muscle underneath it was strong and firm. I think Lou explains this in the book with the forehead, about the muscle staying pumped up and having the skin uneven. Sounds like the same thing with your eyes here.
fitgineer wrote:
So my left eye closing more may mean that it's stronger? Could be. Thanks for the suggestion. Smile

Thank you for replying. How did you fix your issue?
I wonder if my cheek muscles are pushing more (higher) on the left than on the right, too...

I had a couple of good days towards the end of the boot camp (days 23-24 where I was starting to be happy with my face. Now I feel I am back where I started, and I'm on day 29 Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Fitgineer, here's what Lou Lou says about this on the Ageless site, in the FAQ:

Quote:
The easiest way to explain why they might be more apparent early on in your training is to imagine a piece of foam or sponge with a piece of cloth bonded to it on one side.

If it’s squeezed with the hands a new piece of foam automatically regains its original shape, but over the years there comes a point where the process becomes slow, the sponge begins to look a bit lumpy and eventually the sponge won’t go back to its original shape at all. At this point the bonded fabric has wrinkled to accommodate the uneven surface.

She goes on to talk about the two ways to remedy the wrinkling "sponge" - one, by stopping all movement entirely (Botox) and two, replacing the old "sponge" with a new "sponge" by building muscle with facial exercise. She addresses temporary wrinkling:

Quote:
The process of building new muscle means using that muscle, squeezing the sponge hard. In the time after an exercise session you might well see wrinkling produced because the old muscle has retained the shape of the facial exercise and pulled the skin with it. It’s nothing to worry about at all, because once all the new cells have formed, the muscle will be very elastic, strong and reluctant to leave an imprint.. The puckered muscle will flatten out over the time till the next exercise session
If you were to go to the gym and work hard your shoulders or leg may be stiff for a day or two. You’d understand it was the body’s immediate response to the exercise, not a permanent state of affairs because you have ruined your leg muscles. Temporary wrinkling is just like that, it’s the body’s immediate response to the exercise, not an indication of how your muscles are developing.

I had wrinkles that fanned out from my naso-labial folds as my cheeks were lifting. They eventually disappeared, I'm happy to report! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 am      Reply with quote
It fixed itself over time, and I was ambitious and not willing to lay down without a fight and so I tried several different things, and they probably all worked to some extent. Boot camps are intense. It may be that you need rest.

Immacolata has posted some great things from Ageless website. That was the things I was trying to remember to tell you!

fitgineer wrote:
Thank you for replying. How did you fix your issue?
I wonder if my cheek muscles are pushing more (higher) on the left than on the right, too...

I had a couple of good days towards the end of the boot camp (days 23-24 where I was starting to be happy with my face. Now I feel I am back where I started, and I'm on day 29 Sad
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
You'll be happy to know that you'll catch up to your level more quickly than you got there in the first place - did that make sense?

Yes, I've experienced that muscle memory with gym, after going back after a break.

Well, week 1 done!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
It just gets better from here, karenlee. I've recently experienced quite a "jump" in firmness - attributable partly to my diet, supplements and copper peptides, but the Ageless made the biggest difference of all.

A friend of mine snuck a picture of me a couple of weeks ago at a party - it was an AWFUL picture, my hair all over my head, and I was in front of two chairs that were hanging on the wall so it looks like they're growing out of my head, but I was shocked at how much higher my cheeks are and my mouth - really firm and defined! This really works!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this website and wanted to ask those out there who use facial exercise programs. First off, I am a 43 year old mom of a 3 year old autistic child who has just had her 8th open heart surgery!! I have alot of stress in my life had not much sleep in the last 4 years and have recently quit smoking! The stress has taken it's toll on the lower part of my face. I have always been a thin person w/a long thin face. Smoking has created deep marionette lines and faint lines above and below my lips. I am looking for a facial exercise program that could address these areas, where I seemed to have lost volume (in marionette line area.) Has anyone had any success utilizing any of these programs to fix these dreaded, depressing marionette lines or would fillers be the only option??
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe not by itself, but a combination of facial exercise and the right skin care regimen would go a long way!

ETA - the above is meant for smoker's lines - marionette lines - by which I assume you mean naso-labial lines, CAN be addressed by facial exercise alone.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
immacolota, not sure what ETA means??? When you say skin care regime, what do you recommend? Also, when I say marionette lines, I mean the folds from corner of the mouth to the chin...I don't have any sagging skin or jowls yet Smile but I'm sure they're on their way Smile Which facial programs really work? There are so many to choose from...Ageless, Carolyn's program and Carole Maggio's....also, just wondering how long it would take to see a difference? These creases are so depressing and ugly!! Crying or Very sad Thanks
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
ETA - means edited to add.

OK - you mean naso-labial folds. These are not actually wrinkled skin - they are folds. They will respond VERY VERY well to the right exercise program.

There are a ton of them out there - I have tried sample exercises from several and settled on Ageless - and I am so glad I did! It worked very fast and I could tell the difference after just a few sessions. HIGHLY recommend it!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was told this area from corner of mouth to chin (not parentheses area from nose to mouth) was called marionette lines because they resemble the mouth of a puppet....I was actually told this by a plastic surgeon who placed fillers in this area. I only mention it because this is the only area that I really need to work on and want to make sure I get the correct program with the correct exercises....Is there someone at ageless available to ask these kinds of questions before buying?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
That's what I thought too - although I had seen the phrase and never confirmed that is what it meant.

Here's their contact page.

http://www.agelessifyoudare.org/contact/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
They are for sure called that, and I used to have them.

Now I think any program you do can help, but it depends on what age you are at, how comfortable/uncomfortable you are about touching your skin etc. All these are factors you need to consider when beginning anything new in my opinion. Have you tried Tom Haggerty’s program as an introduction (www.shapeyourface.com)? I say this because its free, its all written down and there are only 5 exercises and he’s got his own forum where he still answers questions so it’s a great place to start from before moving onto something like Ageless or any other one!
riverdance wrote:
I was told this area from corner of mouth to chin (not parentheses area from nose to mouth) was called marionette lines because they resemble the mouth of a puppet....I was actually told this by a plastic surgeon who placed fillers in this area. I only mention it because this is the only area that I really need to work on and want to make sure I get the correct program with the correct exercises....Is there someone at ageless available to ask these kinds of questions before buying?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
AH - that's what they are! I thought they were naso-labial folds. Interesting.

The area between the corner of my mouth and my chin was not folded but was pretty saggy before I started Ageless - feeling it now, it feels firm and springy, not saggy at all!

5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaMary and Immacolota......TM, I am 43 years old and have these dreaded lines and folds because I used to smoke and have thin skin...I also have faint upper lip and lower lip smokers lines....As mentioned before, I don't have any sagging skin or jowls but if I pull my cheeks up a bit they seem to go away...but it seems as though I lost volume by the corners of my mouth.....do you think these exercises could repair this or am I just wasting my time...TM if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? And what kind of problems did you have before you started these programs? And what kind of results did you have? Also, over what period of time?
flavapor

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I had purchased a book from senta marie Runge a few yrs back and I find the facial excersises in her book all but impossible to perform, are these exercises easy to do.

Some of the face contortions I just could not get my face to do, so I gave up. I would just hate to waste more money if my face isnt gonna comply.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
There are sample exercises on the Ageless site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi riverdance,

I'm new too. Like you, I have a child with autism. Actually my sweet "boy" is 31 years old!
I've also recently quit smoking and been thinking about starting a facial exercise program. I don't know which one to choose so I've been experimenting with various programs. Google Facial exercises central" and you'll see sample exercises from the various programs. You tube has alot also.

I'd love to here what you choose and why.

Good luck and congrats on quitting smoking!

5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for tip Alabama Girl!! Wow, so your son has autism too?? He's 31....May I ask how old you are? When did you quit smoking? Have you found that facial exercises work? What issues are you looking to change or have you changed? I've been leaning towards Carolyn's Facial Fitness program b/c aside from the great reviews, you can actually email her w/your questions or concerns and she'll get right back to you...(which I have already) and I don't even own her program yet!! Being able to be in touch w/program facilitator to me is key...in case I have questions on how to correctly do the exercises. Have you tried any programs yet? I'm looking to address my marionette lines...I'm a thin person with a long thin face...no jowls yet Smile but that area at the corners of my mouth have lost volume probably from smoking...I'm looking for a program that can deal with those areas.
flavapor

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:

Thank you! One quick question for you or anyone that has been doing these exercises for a yr or more, are the results you initially got staying put for you with a decreased schedule, and are there any undesirable consequences you have noticed with the exercises? Oops.. that was more than one.

I think I am going to give these a try, I recently turned 50 and menopause has taken its toll seemingly overnight on my face. I still dont look my age, but I do look more than one yr older than I looked last year, so I figure I better nip this in the butt before my baby jowls turn into jugs.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Senta Marie Runge used to have a tv program and I still don't know why it was never made into a dvd. Her daughter apparently answers emails but every time I've asked that question it goes unanswered.

I do think her instructions are a little difficult to understand, but saying that I do think she was one of the first to write a proper book about facial exercises so deserves all the credit she gets, and then some. She does look fantastic for her age. Just wish there was more of her demoing things or talking you through how to do them.

Ageless exercises are easy to understand, plus there is a dvd that is available with Lou demonstrating things.
flavapor wrote:
I had purchased a book from senta marie Runge a few yrs back and I find the facial excersises in her book all but impossible to perform, are these exercises easy to do.

Some of the face contortions I just could not get my face to do, so I gave up. I would just hate to waste more money if my face isnt gonna comply.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
flavapor wrote:
Immacolata wrote:

Thank you! One quick question for you or anyone that has been doing these exercises for a yr or more, are the results you initially got staying put for you with a decreased schedule,

Yes

Quote:
and are there any undesirable consequences you have noticed with the exercises? Oops.. that was more than one.

None

Quote:
I think I am going to give these a try, I recently turned 50 and menopause has taken its toll seemingly overnight on my face. I still dont look my age, but I do look more than one yr older than I looked last year, so I figure I better nip this in the butt before my baby jowls turn into jugs.

I think you'll be very pleased with Ageless. I do it more often, but it's really only a few minutes a day, 4 times a week. Anyone can stick with that! And the results are very gratifying.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyone can stick with that!

Haha, except me, I am SO DARN lazy!!

No, there's more to it than that. Ageless is the best program for me, with only 5 minutes a session but the problem is, when I get home and I'm so very tired (and I seem to be feeling tired/headachy a lot, must be menopause coming up) I don't feel like pulling at myself, I don't feel like I've the energy to be uncomfortable if you know what I mean.

So today I'm trying it in the morning instead, when I feel a bit fresher. I've avoided it in the mornings as it leaves my face a bit red, but I think it may be mentally easier for me.

So now, let me go and do it instead of procrastinating here!
Laughing
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Now that I've learned the routine, I do it sitting at my computer or watching my shows.

I'm lazy too. I've gotten to where I'll skip a day or two, but I try to do a little every day.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the tips ladies!! Just wondering if anyone has had good results from these facial exercise programs and do they really work? As mentioned, I've lost volume in my marionette line area and didn't know if building muscle could replace it? Or am I just wasting my time? Should I just invest in fillers?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am      Reply with quote
If you read over this thread, you will see many comments about Ageless and how it works. There is another facial exercise thread here (search) that discusses all the different programs.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |