Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
and with the massage pages of the book, should you do the stroking with moisturizer/wet face or not?? I have always heard that if you stroke the dry face, you stretch the skin.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Well chewing food does work it, but its like saying the movements that your face makes during the day is like resistance facial exercises - no where near the same and very different and both produce different results.

With massage you will hear a lot of different opinions but the thing is to try it yourself and see how your face responds. Deb of FlexEffect really opened my eyes up about stretching the skin. It isn't bad but good for it and I think her skin looks lovely. She recommends Vit E oil for the massage in her book and I tend to find that oil heavy for my skin but I love coconut oil. I have also done the massage dry too after Cathy or Shawn said about doing it and that also gave me different results so I tend to do whatever is easiest at the time. If I have oil I use it, if I don't, then I don't.
mamaherrera wrote:
and with the massage pages of the book, should you do the stroking with moisturizer/wet face or not?? I have always heard that if you stroke the dry face, you stretch the skin.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:44 am      Reply with quote
just curious if you don't mind sharing, your different results of doing massage dry versus with oil. just curious, it sounds like you are definitely very attentive to your face and its changes.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Well its difficult to put into words, because you haven't seen my face prior or after it so it wouldn't make sense. As I say, I was advised ages ago to do it dry and like you was scarred but then Deb said something and to me she is the same age as me but looks half my age and so I thought I'd give it a go. A lot of people are against rough handling of the skin but what she says makes a lot of sense to me. Plus her results speak volumes to me. However I understand it goes a lot against what the so called experts say..... I mean its not like they have any hidden agenda with wanting you to buy their expensive products right ;0)
mamaherrera wrote:
just curious if you don't mind sharing, your different results of doing massage dry versus with oil. just curious, it sounds like you are definitely very attentive to your face and its changes.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I see you post regularly on Tom Haggerty's site too and just want to forewarn you that its probably not a good idea to mix and match and try everything. Tom has his beliefs about touching the skin and doing exercises on wet face whilst he shaves in morning, but others do not. Yet everyone you ask will have a different opinion. Only real way of seeing if doing it dry/wet is for you is to try them both out for a short while and see. Tom seems very anti-stretching yet he recommends Deb Crowley too - and she advocates stretching of skin - so you have two completely different and contrasting viewpoints there by two people who look good for their ages.
mamaherrera wrote:
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if Lou is still around but wanted to bump this. I see Tom's rubbished it on his site almost so curious to know if there is any proof of this?
TheresaMary wrote:
I recall Sean of FlexEffect saying something similar and I’m curious to see if there is any proof that this can happen. I know I got a long winded explanation and tried it for a while but didn’t see any differences. I’ve also heard Maggio talk about using visualization to equal up the sides but I know myself and several others tried this and it didn’t work or produce any results. If something like this could be done, it would be really motivating to have proof of it in photos for example.
otherloulou wrote:
You can 'even up' if one side of your face is responding more quickly, by focussing (just in your mind) on the weaker side. I don't know how it works, it just does.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
another question: I have to ask even though I know LouLou says it's ok to make repetitive motions but before starting, I've had this "line" that you only see in very little lighted room, but it's to the inside of the NL fold, starting from above lip and goes diagonally down to the corner of the lip of my right side. I notice when I do the smile exercises, holding my cheek flesh, every smile causes a "crease" right in that area" and now I see the line is more marked when not doing any exercise.. ... am I doing it wrong, I don't want to be causing a new crease that could become permanent. but when you're holding you cheek fleshes, your NL folds don't crease, but it' creases in this other place and now I'm not happy with that. . . should I adjust how I hold the skin/so that it doesn't crease there??? Thanks
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi mamaherrerra,

It's easy to understand if you recognise that lines on the face aren't in the skin, but in the muscle underneath. That's why botox eradicates wrinkles in a way that no skin treatment can emulate.

Exercising a muscle will rejuvenate it and make it smooth and youthful, which automatically makes the skin lie flat and unwrinkled. If you have a crease it will respond to muscle conditioning. Don't check it every minute, allow a few days after exercising to see the full effect.

All best,

Loulou 💃

5% products discount

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

i told my experience a while ago, i still have a problem with my eyebags. I don't want to be the grinch (is it the right word?). But to whom should i speek, if not to you people in this forum and to Loulou. Please help me, if you can.

I never noticed eyebags under my eyes before face exercises. I looked at older photos and could see some flat signs of bags under my eyes, but they where not recogniseable for me or others in real life.

I did the full exercises just 2 weeks. I could see - while doing the cheek exercises - that eyebags where pushed out. I thought, they would go back. At that time, i didn't even know, what it was. Now i now, these are fat deposits, everybody has under and behind the eyes and they can come foreward, if the ligaments and muscles are getting looser.

After two weeks, i mainly did exercises for the eyemuscle, because i was hoping, the eye muscle would push the bags back. I did this for 4 weeks, but it's not getting better.

Since one week, i stopped doing exercises at all, because i'm afraid, that i damaged the area under my eyes permanently.

I don't understand, what was going wrong and why nobody else is experiencing something like this.

Now, it is not only that i can see the eyebags (i don't think, that they are very noticable for others, because i have deep set eyes and the bags pop out a little, but not more than the skin around.). But i can feel them. Sometimes it hurts a little, and there is a feeling or pressure and tension. Sometimes under the left eye, sometimes under the right eye. Sometimes it's gone. Than it comes back.

So, for me it is not the case that "everything bounces back, if you stop". And sadly for me it is not true, that there are "no side effects".

Is there anything to explain or any tipp, what i could do?

(There are good things: Neck looks better now, especially under chin. Eyelids are visible, they were slightly hooded before. Eyes look more open.)
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dobatz 😊
Good to hear that your jaw area is looking good and that your eyes have become more open.

With regard to the area under your eyes:
Please bear in mind that When you've taken steps to rejuvenate your face the tendency is to scrutinise it far more closely than normal and become more concerned about and focused on issues that you haven't noticed before. Im not claiming that you're imagining the eye bags, but I know from my own experience how massively a perceived fault becomes magnified when you dwell on it. It's the first thing that you see in the mirror and because you're focusing on it it's very, very noticeable where it was not before.

Secondly:
A week is a tiny length of time for the eye area to recover if you've been going at it especially hard. Pulling and stretching the skin might well cause it to sag a little temporarily, but anyone on this board will tell you that this is only short-term.

The eye area is one mass of muscle, fat and skin. When the muscle is toned the whole mass lies smooth and flat against the bone. Bags form when the mass says away from the bone in the same way as the entire face droops towards the lower area with age.

The flesh of the cheeks does lift of course when you do the program but not sufficiently to push the eye area outward, unless you have a very plump face and your younger face had eyebags.

Please try not to worry about it too much. Check your appearance again in a fortnight and see how it all looks then. You'll find it all looks better than it did before you started. A big hug to you because I can see this is troubling to you.

Loulou x

5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou,

thank you for caring and calming me down Wink
I am not allowed to post pictures as a new member. I try it with a part of the link with this post, if it works, i will post before/after.

fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/unbenannt1zp67fixj2e.jpg
dobatz
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok, if you copy an paste the link, it will work. This was just a test. I search for pictures and will post it soon.
dobatz
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:13 am      Reply with quote
First the good things.

On the left side my before pictures (maybe 3 years ago). On the right side after. I did the exercises for eyes for 6 weeks. I don't know, if you can see it, but my upper eye lids are not as hooded anymore. Eyeshadow is no more useless, because now you can see it.
(Copy and paste, if you are interested)

bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=db2d57-1468145559.jpg
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Dobatz, I can't see your photos. It's great that you have significant improvement in your face, but clearly you need reassurance about this other issue. pm me x

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:08 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Not sure if Lou is still around but wanted to bump this. I see Tom's rubbished it on his site almost so curious to know if there is any proof of this?

I recall Sean of FlexEffect saying something similar and I’m curious to see if there is any proof that this can happen. I know I got a long winded explanation and tried it for a while but didn’t see any differences. I’ve also heard Maggio talk about using visualization to equal up the sides but I know myself and several others tried this and it didn’t work or produce any results. If something like this could be done, it would be really motivating to have proof of it in photos for example.

Hi Theresa Mary,
Just spotted your post 👆
Visualisation works well for evening up the muscle build, I've met bodybuilders who use it repeatedly to keep their muscle growth symmetrical. The face can be the same depending on whether the asymmetry is in the muscle structure or the bones. Genetics and the fact that you've slept on your face all your life mean that the facial bones are far more likely to be uneven. I think the face looks better when the muscle build is balanced, even if the bones aren't. It is possible to compensate for bone asymmetry, but I think asymmetry is very underrated. You have a much better shot at looking fascinating and unique, but if one side of your face looking weaker does bother someone, it'd be fine to do more reps on the weaker side.

All best Theresa Mary 👸

Loulou 👍😊

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I've been lurking for a while and just recently purchased the programme. Some great reviews here. Fingers crossed will see improvements myself in time.
Target areas for my 47 year face marionette lines, jowls forming, but most horrifyingly I have no jaw definition, chin and neck almost seem one!! Melting face I have heard it referred to, but worse a chinneck! yikes god help me.. i'm not overweight so its not like rolls of fat that are the problem
My question will this programme benefit this area? perhaps give me more jaw definition and less chinneck!! My chin is very small, perhaps I just have a weak underdeveloped jaw. I hope this programme could strengthen.
Loulou I wondered also what are your thoughts on nuface micro-current device?
I have been using for over a year but not noticed any improvement using this device.
Good luck everyone, wish me luck.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi bobol,

Ageless lifts the face by tightening the muscles that support it; your jaw regains its clean line when the overhanging flesh is pulled clear and you can see its shape! N/l lines are also overhanging flesh, so are jOwls and marionette lines. So the answer is yes, Ageless will make a significant difference to your issues 😊

I don't do micro current myself because I like to be all my own work, but in general terms it can't do any harm. But it's important to do the exercises that actually make your muscles work hard because that brings about an upward shift like a facelift. You can see how that tackles everything at once, little bits of isolated tightening don't have much effect on how your face looks and feels.

Ll 💃

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thankyou for your reply, I am really excited to report that I already see an improvement in my eyes!! They were hooded for years, but today I can definently see a hint of my eyelids!! @dobatz your eye pics are amazing. What a difference. Incredible.
I have only done the exercises 4 times now so I am delighted too. I tried some other spot training (which I now understand is not a good idea) in the past, but was never commited to any programme
I am definently feeling my muscles working and my face as you describe waking up and "becoming alive" This is a new fantastic sensation.
I only wish I had the book to go with the video. but I could not open link Crying or Very sad pretty sure this would benefit me further.
Also the day 3 and 4 exercise. Are these mainly massage? can I do these on the same day as exercise 1 or exercise 2? I do exercise 1 then skip a day to rest, exercise 2 3rd day. so on..
Anyway just to say thankyou again. I love all the positive affirmations etc.
Hopefully in time I will notice benefit on my ml's, jaw and jowls, I will be sure to report here if I do Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi bobo,

Yeah, the upper lids change very quickly. It's a muscle that's hard to locate at first but just trying isolates it and it gets strong and firms up in no time.

And it's so good that you're feeling your face come to life 👻

Pm me your email and steve will sort out your ebook. It shouldn't happen that you're without it, he'll send you a replacement pretty much immediately. This applies to anyone who hasn't downloaded their file, just bear in mind that we're in England and sometimes we're not awake 😎

All best, and thank you for your lovely feedback!

Loulou 😊👍

5% products discount

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey just posted this question on dermaroller thread. Does anyone do Ageless and dermaroller at the same time? I'm a guy so I guess my skin is stronger tha most.thanks, Len Cant
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:50 am      Reply with quote
dobatz - I looked at your photos... your eyes are beautiful! You have also had very good results.

Regarding your 'eye bags' - if you hadn't mentioned it, it wouldn't be noticeable. However, I see what you are talking about... and I don't think the exercise has caused them because in the bottom left 'before' picture you can see it, but you can't see it in the bottom 'after' photo.

It looks like something that is just your natural face, and only appears at certain angles/light? In any event, to me it doesn't look like any ageing related either - it just looks natural and really not noticeable as something on it's own - your eyes are so stunning I'm sure nobody else notices either...because there is nothing to notice! As Loulou said, you are probably just being too critical of your face. Enjoy being beautiful!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Karenlee, thanks for your input x

Dobatz, I hope this gives you encouragement. You're a beautiful woman and your face is growing more beautiful all the time! But do let me know if you need more help.

All best, loulou Smile

5% products discount

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou,
I purchased Ageless two days ago. I'm using the derminator and doing Ageless facial exercises. I'm positive this topic has been covered before in this thread, but if you could exaggerate upon it it would be very beneficial to me. My main concern is mouth parenthesis. They are driving me mad!!! I believe you said that this is indicative of facial droop/cheek sag. I have two questions:

Is there an exercise that I can do to target this area? I believe you said to do the cheek exercises or all of day 1. But can we do this everyday? How many reps, and for how long?
Also, is there any exercises that I should avoid?

Thank you,
Lonnie
Yola4
5% products discount

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Lenny cant wrote:
Hey just posted this question on dermaroller thread. Does anyone do Ageless and dermaroller at the same time? I'm a guy so I guess my skin is stronger tha most.thanks, Len Cant

Hi,
I do the derminator and Ageless facial exercises. How long have you been doing them? Are you getting results? I think I'm going to take pictures and do a blog to document my anti aging journey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lonnie,
Pretty much everything that changes as you age, including the parentheses you describe, are due to the mid face sagging. Please try to do all the Day 1 exercises. You can do them as often as you like, but don't try to do the Day 2 exercises more than twice per week.

It's important not to focus on any single Day 1 exercise, the rope-like muscles all need to be firm to maintain a taut control of the flesh.

All best, loulou 👸🏿

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |