Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) DeVita Perfecting Time (75 ml / 2.5 oz) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 491
Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Belle 😊

Congratulations on taking the plunge!

Your face will begin to lift whether you can feel the muscle or not.

It's usual not to feel every muscle straight away. Some of them are very weak from lack of use, which is what's caused your face to sag in the first place, so don't feel like you're the only one.

Just doing the exercises as best you can will strengthen even the muscles you can't feel.You'll be amazed how quickly the facial muscles will respond.

All best,😘
Loulou

_________________
Founder of www.Agelessifyoudare.org ∑ Thanks so much to everyone on this thread! (((((hugs))
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement Loulou. I think the exercises are fun and it doesn't take very long which is a real plus. I know I will eventually feels those muscles move (upward Smile
Yola4
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 11
Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season!

Ballerina,
Yes, it does get expensive! But it's worth it for sure. I can tell Loulou is dedicated and puts a lot of time and energy into it and she always answers my questions. Thank you for telling me about the massages. I actually got the massage exercises and corresponding DVD with my ageless exercise program because of a time delay in getting my ebook. Which was probably just due to a time difference. But thanks for bringing that to my attention. My ebook does contain Crush though so I wonder if it's not the newest edition? The notes do warn you about the effects of the exercise though. Either way I'm getting results pretty quickly.

Theresamary,
I'm 33 years old. I had to start young because like you mentioned, our health can majorly effect our skin. And yes, I guess what works well for one person may not be a favorite for someone else. I'm just looking for an alternate for se*y beast. Hmmm...it wouldn't allow me to write out that word. Perhaps I will look into other programs later on in my facial exercising journey.

Mammaherrera,
I too have experienced side effects like hollow cheeks. If it really bothers you, rest your face for awhile and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Loulou,
Hi again! My biggest concern after reading the whole ebook twice and doing the exercises for 10 days is timeframe. I know it may differ depending on side effects ect. But I'm assuming we can carry on through the side effects. I plan on doing the exercises for one month on then one month off. In the ebook it says to do it that way if you want serene progression. But I just saw that you said doing them once or twice a week is sufficient. There's some confusion regarding this. Is it okay if I do the exercises 30 days straight-no breaks-push through regardless of side effects and then rest 30 days? Even though I have experienced some side effects, I am already experiencing stronger and thicker skin. And my facial posture has changed in only 10 days. TIA
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I am also confused about how often to do the exercises and whether to do the massage before completing the exercises for 6 weeks. I have both the 2nd and 3rd editions of Ageless and the schedules to follow are very different. It seems that the current website is favoring waiting 6 weeks to do the massage, but the 3rd edition incorporates the massage from the beginning. Which should I do? Also, when should I be letting my skin rest completely and for how long (with no exercise at all)? One more thing, I believe I also read a post saying not to do the day 2 exercises more than twice a week. Does this apply to everyone?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2429
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Lou will probably be along in a moment to answer but I figure I could share my views. There is difference between 2nd and 3rd edition, but Lou keeps refining things to get faster results Ė so following 3rd edition is going to be a faster way of getting results. Its not that 2nd edition was wrong Ė it isnít, it does work but Louís clients constantly are looking for faster results (canít figure why LOL). So 3rd edition is probably fastest way of getting results. With massage Ė I think these are only recommendations as if you can imagine, starting out exercising your face is quite a mission in itself Ė and then to try to encourage people to do massage as well is a nightmare. It took me ages to agree to massage but when I did I saw results very quickly and wondered why I had put it off so long. Now with rest Ė itís a hard one to answer because everyone is different and we are all leading busy lives. Your face should be your guide here. I think at least 2 days of no exercises or massage is a good thing to do (and is what FlexEffect recommends). During those 2 days of down time your body works to repair and grow stronger.

So its really up to you when to incorporate massage Ė but if you are feeling confident with exercises then starting to incorporate it now isnít going to do any harm. However if you are fearful or donít know about handling the skin and want to wait 6 weeks Ė you can do that too. No biggie.
BellesBeautyShop wrote:
I am also confused about how often to do the exercises and whether to do the massage before completing the exercises for 6 weeks. I have both the 2nd and 3rd editions of Ageless and the schedules to follow are very different. It seems that the current website is favoring waiting 6 weeks to do the massage, but the 3rd edition incorporates the massage from the beginning. Which should I do? Also, when should I be letting my skin rest completely and for how long (with no exercise at all)? One more thing, I believe I also read a post saying not to do the day 2 exercises more than twice a week. Does this apply to everyone?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2429
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I wish I had started when I was younger, but waited till I turned 50 but saying that I have felt like I got more results as I had a lot more to undo (so to speak). However, Iím very happy with how I look now and often get mistaken for 20 years younger than my actual age!
Yola4 wrote:
Theresamary,
I'm 33 years old. I had to start young because like you mentioned, our health can majorly effect our skin. And yes, I guess what works well for one person may not be a favorite for someone else. I'm just looking for an alternate for se*y beast. Hmmm...it wouldn't allow me to write out that word. Perhaps I will look into other programs later on in my facial exercising journey.
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thank you. It is all making sense now.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2429
Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:02 am      Reply with quote
If you reread the book you will see that the more downtime you have the better your results so doing 2 consecutive days of rest (at least) will help big time. You may find that you need more or less depending on how quickly your muscles respond.

In relation to 3rd edition Ė Iím not sure what mine is but it may not be the same as I bought it some time ago. Why donít you email Lou or her office and they will sort out the confusion for you?[quote="BellesBeautyShop"]
TheresaMary wrote:
Thank you TheresaMary. Should I rest for two consecutive days, or spread the two days out? Also do you recommend a rest of 2 days per week?
Back to Edition 3 - Unless I am reading the book incorrectly, day 3 is a massage day, as is day 4 and the only day of rest is day 5 (out of 21 days). I am okay with this schedule for the best result, as long as I am reading it correctly. I'm so confused. Any help appreciated.
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary. I'm good. I've got it sorted out. I think you are correct, I have different versions. I see that some of the exercises are so gentle, they could be considered rest. I have never exercised my face until this morning. It feels really good. Like you, I wish I had not waited so long.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 491
Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Yola, it's not unusual at all to experience more or less instant results as the face returns to its younger, lifted state. Muscle memory restores this firm, alert state even before the muscles become stronger and tighter over the longer term.

How you view side effects is up to you. You can avoid them by taking the programme slowly, but if you want to do it every day for a month you'll most certainly see results; you need to be brave and recognise that without rest you'll probably have side effects, however, you'll come out the other side with great differences if you have faith. Unlike intensive training for the body There's no risk of injury, so the choice of how fast and hard you go is entirely yours
All best LL

_________________
Founder of www.Agelessifyoudare.org ∑ Thanks so much to everyone on this thread! (((((hugs))
Yola4
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 11
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hey gals,
Thanks Theresamary for taking the time to clear that up! You really are helpful on this forum, and I appreciate it. I'm sure Loulou appreciates the added assistance too! Wow! To be mistaken for 20 years younger must be quite a compliment! I'm glad facial exercise/massage has worked so well for you.

Loulou,
Ok...I'm past the initial panicking phase of sending you photos and questions and I took a 3 day break. My face bounced right back so I'm reassured that I can deal with the side effects. Sooooooo with that being said I'm going to go for it and do the exercises/tugging for one month straight. I'll let you guys know how it goes! Thanks
Lonnie
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
Hey gals,
Thanks Theresamary for taking the time to clear that up! You really are helpful on this forum, and I appreciate it. I'm sure Loulou appreciates the added assistance too! Wow! To be mistaken for 20 years younger must be quite a compliment! I'm glad facial exercise/massage has worked so well for you.

Loulou,
Ok...I'm past the initial panicking phase of sending you photos and questions and I took a 3 day break. My face bounced right back so I'm reassured that I can deal with the side effects. Sooooooo with that being said I'm going to go for it and do the exercises/tugging for one month straight. I'll let you guys know how it goes! Thanks
Lonnie


Yes, Lonnie, I agree with you - thank you sooo much TheresaMary for all of the assistance. You are a gem. I feel pretty good about everything, so I am following the 3rd edition and considering the massage days as rest days. I did request a massage dvd because I am a bit unclear about a few of the massage exercises. I think this will work out beautifully for fast results, but if I do see undesirable side effects, I will rest for a few days. Just from doing these exercises, I have learned that my forehead is never in a state of relaxation. Hence, four rows of awful horizontal lines that never go away! I am hoping that through the exercises and massage I will learn how to relax my forehead. I also learned that I carry a tremendous amount of stress in my jaw. It is almost always clenched. Hopefully this will also improve. I wasn't even aware of these issues until I started the exercises, so it has already done some good by bringing awareness.
Yola4
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 11
Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey BellesBeautyShop,
It seems we have a bit in common. I carry a lot of tension in my jaw area too. And I often find myself holding my lower face in an unfavorable position. I'm sure others on this forum can relate. I could be wrong but I think your pretty new to facial exercising just like I am. So I don't want to complicate things even more for you, but I'd love to tell you what has helped me out in this area in just a short time-besides the exercise/massages. And this isn't a necessary purchase just something additional that aids in lifting/firming the skin.
Idk if you're tugging the skin, but it was difficult for me to do because I have very long nails. I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 2429
Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Which device is it? I had a quick search for Conture and can only find listings for a threadfacelift and none of them appear to be devices?
Yola4 wrote:
I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
Hey BellesBeautyShop,
It seems we have a bit in common. I carry a lot of tension in my jaw area too. And I often find myself holding my lower face in an unfavorable position. I'm sure others on this forum can relate. I could be wrong but I think your pretty new to facial exercising just like I am. So I don't want to complicate things even more for you, but I'd love to tell you what has helped me out in this area in just a short time-besides the exercise/massages. And this isn't a necessary purchase just something additional that aids in lifting/firming the skin.
Idk if you're tugging the skin, but it was difficult for me to do because I have very long nails. I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.


I will definitely be exploring the conture device. I am really tired of carrying all this tension in my face. And, yes, your are correct, I am new to facial exercising.
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Which device is it? I had a quick search for Conture and can only find listings for a threadfacelift and none of them appear to be devices?
Yola4 wrote:
I bought this little Conture device for my mom for Christmas and when it went on sale on cyber Monday I decided to get one for myself. It's only been 2 weeks but I love it. It relaxes my facial muscles like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'm no longer clenching my jaw area! Now I know that you can tug your skin yourself and the exercises themselves can help with this, but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who clenches their facial muscles on a daily basis. Idk if it's the vibrations or isometric compression but I love the way it makes my face feel. As for results, it's too early to tell. But I will come back and report (on the Conture thread of course)in 6-10 weeks.


Did we ever find out which device it is??? I would love to know.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 491
Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 am      Reply with quote
So glad people are having early results, but it can take time for your face to look/feel its best, so do keep going. You're looking better all the time so long as you're getting sufficient rest. It's like any form of exercise, the rate of change varies from person to person 👩‍💻 👩‍💻 But it will work for everyone in time.

Loulou 😊

_________________
Founder of www.Agelessifyoudare.org ∑ Thanks so much to everyone on this thread! (((((hugs))
mamaherrera
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Posts: 62
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've now realized why I have the asymmetry and I Hope I explain this right. When I do any of the cheek exercises, my right side (which is the skinnier side), the cheek muscles don't do the work, but rather the corrugator muscle steps in as I can see it lifting, (which is also why my "1" of the "11" is more pronounced on that side. So every time I do these exercises, I'm making my "11" more pronounced on that side and I'm not building the cheek muscle which is why I think I"m getting more "difference" in my asymmetry, so how can I get those darn cheek muscles to get activated????
Also, when I do the sexy beast exercise, again that muscle above the lip doesn't activate but rather a muscle near my nose and corrugator muscle get involved. I need help!!
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure which one of the exercises is doing this, but I have purplish/red bruises all the way around my nostrils - from where they rise on the nose, right around the curves of the nostrils on my inner cheeks. I suspect it is from grasping the "chunk of flesh" on the cheeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yola4
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 11
Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have experienced the bruising too so I had to take a break. I'm pretty sure it was from grasping the flesh. Oh and sorry about the confusion regarding the Conture device. It's called The Conture Kinetic Skin Toning System. I didn't believe the hype before I bought it, but now I'm a believer. My skin was thinning in areas (under eyes, upper lips) and now the bounce I had in my 20's is back. Now I'm a skin careaholic so I have a lot of products and gadgets (Personal Microdermabrasion Device, Nuface trinity, baby quasar, dermawand, Derminator, Tria laser, Clarisonic, etc...the list goes on and on). But in terms of fast results theres no comparison. It's only been a few weeks and I'm seeing a noticeable difference. Now Combining Conture's tugging/massage ability with Ageless facial exercises (I have Flex effect too but I want to stick to one program at a time) and an occasional Derminator needling session might just be my own personal fountain of youth. I hope you all find yours!
Aam24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Nov 2015
Posts: 24
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Yola your review of the toning device persuaded me to buy it. My first device. I'm doing ageless too. One year now and I'm not sure I'm seeing results. However, I came from fillers so maybe I'm just pushing through the last of the fillers and will start building soon. I'll keep you posted on my review
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yola4 wrote:
I have experienced the bruising too so I had to take a break. I'm pretty sure it was from grasping the flesh. Oh and sorry about the confusion regarding the Conture device. It's called The Conture Kinetic Skin Toning System. I didn't believe the hype before I bought it, but now I'm a believer. My skin was thinning in areas (under eyes, upper lips) and now the bounce I had in my 20's is back. Now I'm a skin careaholic so I have a lot of products and gadgets (Personal Microdermabrasion Device, Nuface trinity, baby quasar, dermawand, Derminator, Tria laser, Clarisonic, etc...the list goes on and on). But in terms of fast results theres no comparison. It's only been a few weeks and I'm seeing a noticeable difference. Now Combining Conture's tugging/massage ability with Ageless facial exercises (I have Flex effect too but I want to stick to one program at a time) and an occasional Derminator needling session might just be my own personal fountain of youth. I hope you all find yours!


It would be nice to get Lou's opinion about the bruising, etc. Maybe we are doing the exercise incorrectly. Hopefully she will pop in. Wish I could buy the Conture Kinetic Skin Toning System. It sounds great - just not in the budget right now. You mentioned that you once again have the skin bounce that you had in your '20's. If you don't mind me asking, what is your current age? Sometimes I feel that I am too old for some of these procedures to work for me. Sad. Wish I had not waited so long to look in the mirror.
BellesBeautyShop
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Aam24 wrote:
Ok Yola your review of the toning device persuaded me to buy it. My first device. I'm doing ageless too. One year now and I'm not sure I'm seeing results. However, I came from fillers so maybe I'm just pushing through the last of the fillers and will start building soon. I'll keep you posted on my review


Aam,is it one year that you have been using the Conture device or one year that you are doing Ageless? I am a bit confused. Confused Thanks in advance for clarifying it for me. Either way, please keep us posted.
Aam24
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Nov 2015
Posts: 24
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
One year of ageless. 😞 i just ordered the device. My right side looks good, but the left is not. Frustrating
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 491
Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all 🤗

Yola, just to say that the Ageless exercises do great things for the skin on their own. I don't use any other treatments or devices on my face, and I'd recommend that people try doing the Ageless program by itself and see if they need any further treatment.

Bruising doesn't look great, but it's actually producing the same effects as a lot of the products that you mention. The principle is to challenge the face/skin so that it will rebuild itself stronger, just as the other organs in the body respond by building muscle, lung capacity, etc if you make them work hard and really, in truth, break them down. Repair is what produces new, healthy tissue. You're making your face more alive 😎

Loulou

_________________
Founder of www.Agelessifyoudare.org ∑ Thanks so much to everyone on this thread! (((((hugs))
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz)