Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
That's very true SS. I can't feel my lower lid muscles at all. When I did a few Yoga Face exercises, I couldn't "feel" movement until I looked in the mirror. To my surprise, only one eye was moving. After a couple of weeks, I can now see slight movement in the second eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Well, while we're on the subject....
There is a certain intimate activity that is very effective at strengthening the lower jaw/platysma and the buccinator muscles. Wink

You wench! So this works, yeah?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySean, so bottom line then is that we should be feeling the muscle eventually, but it is an individual thing as to when we will? (Just wanting to make sure I understand this correctly!)
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
There is a certain intimate activity that is very effective at strengthening the lower jaw/platysma and the buccinator muscles. Wink

I tell you, I was trying to figure out what you meant for the longest time. Just got it. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I felt my upper eye lids for the first time tonight...nothing major, just a slight, tense soreness in them. I was worried I wasn't doing them correctly as well as I wasn't feeling anything up to this point. Glad to know everything is a-ok! I have to agree on the "crushing fruit" exercise...That one gets me too....ha ha
This is my 6th night doing Ageless. I really love the ease and quickness of this routine and being one that totally loathes exercise, duration is a big factor for me. I honestly love doing these! My kids kind of think it's a bit strange though, well at least the teenagers. My 7 year old loves to watch mom in action and gets a good laugh out of it.
Have also been doing the butt kick exercise! That one feels great I must say.

Anyway, have been LOVING the look of my face the last couple of days. Must say there is something happening here...have to agree with the "perky" aspect...refreshed? I do believe more firmness?...Perhaps too early to tell or it's just me wishful thinking...but it feels good to say and think that, so there must be something going on. I also started the AA LightStim 5 nights ago. I honestly think that this was just the combo I needed. I can already tell that this will be the best $10 bucks I ever spent.

Now I need to work on the being single part!!! Laughing

Merry Christmas to everyone by the way!!!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Love your attitude, Bren! I have to get the LS. I am so enjoying the Ageless exercises! They definitely seem to be having an effect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Antonia Very Happy Have to say I am totally loving LouLou's program as well. I do think I notice a difference too after 6 nights of doing these but I don't want to be too premature about things and certainly don't want to jinx myself!! Laughing You know, like wake up and my face is down to my knees!!!! ha ha....
My biggest area of concern are those dreaded NL's and marionettes. I just want to tighten up that area and not have to rely on the old Juvederm...nothing against it as I LOVE that stuff, but I don't want to have to rely on it every 6-12 months. At $500+ a pop, that's a boat load of dough!!
I am just LOVIN my Stim too!! That little gizmo is something else...I think the one-two punch of Ageless and the Stim is really working some magic on this face of mine....time will tell I am most certain, but if I can say I am loving the look of my face at this early of a stage and have already seen some positive changes....the future is lookin awfully bright!!! Cool I just may lose this single status yet!! ha ha

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Yep... and not feeling one muscle is pretty common. I'm not an expert on Loulou's, but have done facial exercises long enough to learn that everyone has stronger/weaker muscles and when people first start trying to work a weaker muscle... often you find other muscles try to overcompensate for them.. and they seem least responsive but they do chime in eventually.

I always tell people to think of it as a sign of progress... as you have found a weaker muscle and then just to become aware of it from that point forward. Eventually you will find it responding and when it does... you can celebrate!

Sean

rileygirl wrote:
SeanySean, so bottom line then is that we should be feeling the muscle eventually, but it is an individual thing as to when we will? (Just wanting to make sure I understand this correctly!)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all the info, Sean!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone - nice of Sean to post here and encourage us all.
Just some thoughts:
I agree with you all that the changes do seem to appear rather quickly - I've been doing FE for six months or so - faithfully with good rsults and then started Ageless - and it seemed to perk the old face right up - gave it a nice boost that I didn't expect. I definitely look lifted and I'm going to keep on with both FE and Ageless for the best of results.
I have edited the FE routine in ways that I think are more applicable to my needs. I was afraid to do that before Lou lou came on board. I love so many of the FE exercises too so don't want to abandon them. It is nice to feel more control over your aging face!

Ahhh... Now if I could only get that dermaroller!!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I agree with you all that the changes do seem to appear rather quickly - I've been doing FE for six months or so - faithfully with good rsults and then started Ageless - and it seemed to perk the old face right up - gave it a nice boost that I didn't expect. I definitely look lifted and I'm going to keep on with both FE and Ageless for the best of results.

Sis, my original theory was that FE was far more comprehensive, and that Ageless was a pared down version of FE. However, your comments are consistent with what other FE'ers who started Ageless are saying...they are seeing a different kind of change (in a good way) than they were seeing with FE.

I have both programs, but just couldn't get started with FE due to the time commitment. Embarassed At this point I am glad that I started with Ageless because it is very simple, takes very little time, and results come very quickly.

But if I see some areas that still need work after 6 dedicated months of Ageless, then I am definitely going to pull out the FE book and add some additional supplemental exercises. It's really nice to have options!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:20 am      Reply with quote
This may be a stupid question but I will ask away anyway....just wondering during some of the exercises (such as the crushing fruit one) I have a natural tendency to bite my teeth together very hard. There are a few others that I do this with as well... Is this ok or do you think this is counterproductive on the muscle we are supposed to be working? I make a conscience effort to try and not do it, but it seems to be difficult for me to accomplish. All in all if I am not supposed to be doing it, I want to make more of an effort to stop it. If its ok, then I will just let nature take its course! ha ha.... I just don't want to be working that "teeth biting" muscle constantly if I'm not supposed to and end up with some massive chomping muscles!!! Laughing

Ha ha...Derma Roller!! I have tossed that one around as well...even though I don't have any qualms about needles what so ever, I still would like to try less invasive measures first!! Shock

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and everyone,
My observations are this: I think
Ageless is more aggressive than FE - the exercises have a tremendous impact on blood flow to the face and muscles and there is a combined effect of both massage (heavy duty) and exercising of the muscles. I can't say FE does that to the extreme that Ageless does. Ageless packs a bigger punch in other words.

I think FE is more comprehensive in that it covers more areas of the face in total and I think the results are longer in coming but nicely cumulative - Hoping that makes sense.

I also agree that some of the FE exercises are NOT for everyone and I think some may have a negative Vs Positive effect on some faces. Once you have things down you know what is good for you and incorporate as needed.

I'm glad to be doing both but so RELIEVED to have Ageless for the (quick) powerhouse effect and the option to add others into the mix. Very Happy

Oh and ...A thank you to Fawnie for sharing her eye lifting exercise

Sis
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if anyone has this problem and what to do about it:

With the Ageless Long Neck exercise on Day 2, I can't grab any skin AT ALL on my neck. Also, if I apply pressure to the area, it makes me choke and cough. I'd like to do this exercise somehow. Anyone have any suggestions?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, I had the exact same problems with you in relation to this exercise. Watching Loulou's video helped a lot.

Nevertheless, I still kind of prefer the :kiss the ceiling" exercise.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

With the Ageless Long Neck exercise on Day 2, I can't grab any skin AT ALL on my neck. Also, if I apply pressure to the area, it makes me choke and cough. I'd like to do this exercise somehow. Anyone have any suggestions?

LOL, Hun, if you can't grab a handful of loose baggy skin, chances are you don't NEED that exercise!!!!! Those of us who can know who we are.... Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try that one too.... thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Antonia wrote:

LOL, Hun, if you can't grab a handful of loose baggy skin, chances are you don't NEED that exercise!!!!! Those of us who can know who we are.... Crying or Very sad

I was thinking of it preventively, Fawnie. I have very high shoulders/short neck (never sure which lol) and would like it to look more swan like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, that was Bethany, over in "Skin care and Makeup" under "Facial Exercises", who shared the eye exercise, but thanks anyway!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Hi Antonia,

You can just grab one central area of skin instead of trying to get either side of the windpipe.... getting two bits can be tricky.... also the further you tip your head back, the harder it is to grab skin, so try grabbing with your head neutral, or even bent forward a little if necessary, then raise your chin a little if you can when you have the skin in your hands. This should sort it, but if not give me a shout!

(((hugs) to you, firm-necked one! Very Happy

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I just found this thread, I have FE, but have found it hard to be consistent the past year or so with other body exercise routines and 'life'. That being said I still do it but not as much as I'd like.

Lou Lou I remember your wonderful words of wisdom and amazing tranformation from FE, I'm off to buy your program right now! Better to exercise for 5 mins than not at all (and feeling guilty for not doing it!).

Looks like a combo of Ageless and FE is the go - add what you want to the mix!

Woo hoo!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:59 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
This may be a stupid question but I will ask away anyway....just wondering during some of the exercises (such as the crushing fruit one) I have a natural tendency to bite my teeth together very hard. There are a few others that I do this with as well... Is this ok or do you think this is counterproductive on the muscle we are supposed to be working? I make a conscience effort to try and not do it, but it seems to be difficult for me to accomplish. All in all if I am not supposed to be doing it, I want to make more of an effort to stop it. If its ok, then I will just let nature take its course! ha ha.... I just don't want to be working that "teeth biting" muscle constantly if I'm not supposed to and end up with some massive chomping muscles!!! Laughing

Ha ha...Derma Roller!! I have tossed that one around as well...even though I don't have any qualms about needles what so ever, I still would like to try less invasive measures first!! Shock

Bren, you are funny! Laughing

You don't need to clench your teeth when you do the 'crush' exercise, but don't worry about it either, because the buccinators (crushy muscles) take a while to use effortlessly for a lot of people, so as long as you're crushing as well, I'd just do what you're doing. Does anyone remember doing Callanetics, and Callan would say calmly 'relax your shoulders, relax everything' while you were going ow, ow, ow, this is not only terrible, but I'm doing it wrong as well! Doing it 'properly' usually only happens for me when I've done it not-very-well for quite a while, and most people are the same.

Your 'chomping muscles' need a little exercise anyway, but they're covered in the occasional exercise 'head high', which you can miss out. Also, those muscles (masseters and temporalis) are different from the other facial muscles because they do move bones rather than just skin, they involve a joint, so they need a bit of caution, but I don't think just using them to help use your buccinators better is going to do anything you won't like.

(((((hugs))

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Haha! Fawnie you crease me up mate! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

I only did the long neck exercise to firm up my platysma, honest! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LOULOU!

Now: what was that you were saying about the butt exercise?? You kick your leg out back then kick it to the side 20 X's?????

Could you possibly do a vid of your body exercises too? I'm all for this "Work Smarter - Not Harder" thing. You have our full attention! Very Happy
THANK YOU LOULOU!!!!! We love you!!

It's a bit late to post thanks here, but your birthday messages were all so lovely, and I'm still rereading and smiling, so thank you Fawnie, Younggma, Mpstat, Doba, Toby, Monalisa, Mishey and of course Seany, Lowbrow, Beth, Sis, Beautybee, Rileygirl, Kassy, AussieKate and Bren my almost b'day twin.... Bren have you updated your age on your siggy yet? I keep meaning to.... Confused

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |