Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Oh my! I haven't looked at this thread for a few days..and it's so vital..and the women responding are so vital..that so much is happening..it's hard to keep up!

Meanwhile.. I wish you the most deeply spiritually beautiful recovery from your surgery, Loulou,...hope it takes you to places you can't even imagine going..as all physical manifestations have then source in Spirit..

so as we heal anything 'physical'..our soul..imo..is also asking/receiving very intense spiritual support/love.

JasmineRosey, that's a beautiful post, you're always so warm and full of good feelings, you really bring a different energy from the rest of us, and it's so lovely!

I'm sitting here now post-surgery, nose dripping steadily into my dressing and an alarming snoutiness to the tip of it! I will heal wisely.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Kassy! How funny is that? This is the one of the videos on massage my daughter and I watched before I conned her in to giving me one!! ha ha...I thought it was a great one as well. Boy, I have been absent from this thread for a few days and it has really been busy!!

Hope all is well LouLou after your surgery. And also glad to know I have been doing the butt exercise correctly although I was a bit more "kicky" with my leg...will have to slow it down a bit...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much, Kassy, for the link.

I haven't done much with the book yet, but last night as I did my OCM, I did the pinching in the other video you pointed us to, and I have to say my face felt so vibrant and alive! This is a whole new concept for me. All my life, I've treated my face as if it were delicate as glass and shouldn't be tugged or pulled at all.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
arya2 wrote:
Some 6 yrs ago, when I was working out a lot, I also did this leg exercise - developed it myself after watching ballerinas do this at the bar and concluded if it works for them if might work for me. And it did, big time. Was the best thing I've ever done for the leg, from knee to the pelvis. It along with a very simple pilates exercise really trimmed my butt and upper leg.

Now just why haven't I kept it up ...?! well, ya know, any excuse NOT to exercise.....

Gotta get back to it.

Hi Arya, it's great, isn't it? I think the secret for most people is just to keep doing it and not think about results... I can't remember why I did it, but just seemed to keep at it and then one day a guy stuck his head out of a car window and told me I had a nice bum. Of course I was deeply offended by his sexist remark!

I seemed to get results really fast, but that may be b/c it was combined with the pilates exercise - within a month there was a noticeable difference on hips, butt & upper legs. After 2 mos. the difference was significant. You've inspired me to get back at it.

And as someone who had nose surgery after a car accident, pls take it easy. Trauma is hard on our bods. I was initially full of energy following the procedure & over did it. Then my body said 'oh no ya don't - I'm taking over' and sent me a big message to take it easy by suddenly becoming exhausted.

Forget about the Forum for a while and REST.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
arya2 wrote:
Some 6 yrs ago, when I was working out a lot, I also did this leg exercise - developed it myself after watching ballerinas do this at the bar and concluded if it works for them if might work for me. And it did, big time. Was the best thing I've ever done for the leg, from knee to the pelvis. It along with a very simple pilates exercise really trimmed my butt and upper leg.

Now just why haven't I kept it up ...?! well, ya know, any excuse NOT to exercise.....

Gotta get back to it.

Hi Arya, it's great, isn't it? I think the secret for most people is just to keep doing it and not think about results... I can't remember why I did it, but just seemed to keep at it and then one day a guy stuck his head out of a car window and told me I had a nice bum. Of course I was deeply offended by his sexist remark!

I seemed to get results really fast, but that may be b/c it was combined with the pilates exercise - within a month there was a noticeable difference on hips, butt & upper legs. After 2 mos. the difference was significant. You've inspired me to get back at it.

And as someone who had nose surgery after a car accident, pls take it easy. Trauma is hard on our bods. I was initially full of energy following the procedure & over did it. Then my body said 'oh no ya don't - I'm taking over' and sent me a big message to take it easy by suddenly becoming exhausted.

Forget about the Forum for a while and REST.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Arya. It sounds like you had a tough time all round at that time. Jasminerosey is right, we all learn from each other. I'm going to listen to the advice of someone who knows, take myself off to bed with a book, a drink and a straw. Thank you xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
i wrote about this earlier - obviously NO one is having this experience.

I have a constant eye twitch from teh eye exercise. Not constant as in it never stops - just it happens occasionally throughout the day, every day.

Do i have to stop the exercises????? Am I doing them to strongly?

thanks
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
It's been a month now since I started your facial exercises, LouLou, and I have to say they're fabulous! I posted about a week in, saying that my face looked perkier, nothing specific, but refreshed. Now, I can report a drastic, drastic improvement under my eyes. Don't know if you all remember, but my undereye area always looked sort of baggy, even when I was a child. Sort of a family trait. No dark circles, just bagginess. And in the past few years, it got much worse. The "squinty" eye exercise is really helping, yay!

Other areas with definite improvement:
* my NL lines. They weren't that noticeable and I could "work" on them with PC Apeel and make them almost disappear. But now, I will only rarely need APeel, because my NL lines are so faint I can barely see them!
* my neck. I was starting to look a little mushy there, on my way to a double chin. Slack, I guess. That's also on its way out.
* general lifting in my cheek area. Not very noticeable yet, but I can see it happening!
* more definition along the sides of my face. It doesn't all sort of run together anymore.

My upper eyelid area, right under my eyebrows, isn't showing any improvement yet, and my jowliness, though slight, is only a tad better. But I have faith, and it's only been a month! Now when I do the exercises, just about every night, I am much more conscious of muscles working, and even of muscles along my jawline working too, when I'm doing the cheek exercises. I only expect more improvement as time goes on.

LouLou, I don't think I can adequately convey to you how grateful I am to you for your facial exercises and your book, and all the time you spend helping us here on this forum. I will be 50 in a few short weeks, and I can't tell you (or maybe you know from experience!) what a boost the initial positive results of your exercises have given me. I can't wait for more! Thank you so, so much.

I hope your recovery from surgery is completely uneventful, and quick, LouLou!

Almost forgot to mention - I looked at your quick leg/rear-end video, and I'm going to start with that, too. I put in some time on our elliptical here at home, but of course not enough. Maybe my behind will get some lift just like my face!

Thank you, and take good care! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
LouLou: YOU KICK BUTT!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey...I was thinking about your concern about hollowing out the cheeks with the CRUSH
exercise. I have the same problem...I need to fill out that area too. I am hoping that Flex Effects "Cheek Press Advance" will remedy that. It's the one where you put your thumb inside your mouth on the opposite side, and pull the cheek in while pushing out. I have also modified that into an exercise to address the sagginess and laxed skin below the corners of my mouth. I am pressing out with my thumb under the "saggy" area and pulling "in" with the muscle. According to the diagrams, there is a muscle there, so I'm hoping the isometric will tighten that up too Exclamation

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
I can report a drastic, drastic improvement under my eyes. Don't know if you all remember, but my undereye area always looked sort of baggy, even when I was a child. Sort of a family trait. No dark circles, just bagginess. And in the past few years, it got much worse. The "squinty" eye exercise is really helping, yay!

I am really glad to read that the under eye exercise seems to be working so quickly. That is my top priority area that I want to improve.

Congratulations on your improvement so far!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
All the credit goes to LouLou! Smile I have to admit, I was really surprised when my "bags" responded so quickly. But IIRC, LouLou says in her book that area is usually quick to show results. It's made me wonder if I had known about this little exercise when I was 12, would these bags have been erased and would I have ever suffered so much annoyance from them?! Yes, I was obsessed, very quietly, with my appearance even then! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
so come on, get to it, we want you in Hotpants on your 60th birthday Cool

LMAO!...Now that's a visual we can all do without ... Shock Shock

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
betsyaida
5% products discount

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
hallow and loose under eye area with falling apples of cheeks

I love love love ageless been at it for 3 or 4 weeks i can’t remember exactly how long. It is so effortless, fun, feels soo good. I see amazing improvements in my mid cheek area that was really making me look old they are lifting and my upper eye lids/brows are more lifted so that I have less folds in my eye lids and look more refreshed. Over all my whole face looks perkier. I will do this forever. I can’t wait until I have the exercises down pat where I don’t need the videos and book to cue me. Thank you sooo much for the video it makes a world of a difference.

I sure would love to be put on an email list that will notify me when you update the book and videos.

I have a question regarding the under eye area: I really am unsure what exercises in ageless, if any, are available to help fill in and firm my under eye area. Specifically starting at the cheekbone ridge by the apples of cheekbone (where you can actually feel the bone of the eye socket) up to the soft tissue just below the bottom of the eye lid). That area is a bit hallowed and a bit loose too which makes me look a lot older than I am and fatigued/stressed out looking.

Perhaps I will see the results I am looking for when the apples of the cheeks get firmer and start to lift back up toward my under eye area instead of drooping. I think the fallen apple part of my cheekbone is the part that is effecting the under eye area the most. So maybe an additional question would be which exercise will target the apple part of the cheekbones firming it while also lifting it so I have less bags/sagginess in the under eye area?

I do a lot of pinching and pulling in that area and it feels divine. I am actually seeing improvements but I think it is mainly from the extremely deep massaging and pinching I do there. I am wondering if any of the ageless exercises address this area, it doesn’t seem like any of the exercises do, but I might be wrong, if I am right and there isn’t an excise that targets that area does anyone have any suggestions.

I have taken before ageless photos and when I hit 3 months I will take another set and post them.

otherloulou: If it ever becomes something that you believe needs to be included… it would be really great if each individual exercise in the book could include what each individual exercise targets the most and the 2nd and 3rd benefits that are targeted (if any others). Especially the ones that say occasional extras.

I realize it should be really obvious for some of the exercises, exactly what is targeted, but for example the numerous cheek exercises all target different parts of the cheek which affects the out come of the cheek appearance as the months go by and you continue to exercise. If one is seeing benefits and really wants to target specific parts of the cheek and stop focusing on areas that need less work the additional info would help us figure this out.

Good look on your surgery otherloulou we will all be pining for you.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
YAY - Before and After pics... We love that Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
LouLou, I don't think I can adequately convey to you how grateful I am to you for your facial exercises and your book, and all the time you spend helping us here on this forum. I will be 50 in a few short weeks, and I can't tell you (or maybe you know from experience!) what a boost the initial positive results of your exercises have given me. I can't wait for more! Thank you so, so much.

Now this kind of endorsement needs to go on the back of LL's next book!!

LL, I have to agree...I am just floored at the changes I have seen in my marionnette lines in 2 months.

You have saved me $1300 in filler in 2009. That is a payback of my $10 investment 129 times over just in 2009! Shock Shock Shock And in this ecomomy, my wallet is thanking you VERY VERY much!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
It is sooooo great to hear comments like that coming from you girls. All the more reason to keep on trucking with Ageless....
I for one am so thankful to have found this program. The ease of the exercises coupled with the length of time it takes to do them really is just what I needed...in other words, short and sweet but directly to the point with obvious results. You really cannot ask for anything better!
Bethany, you really are an inspiration for me especially....to be plagued by those damn marionettes as well and how they make you feel, I know exactly where you are coming from. To hear and see your improvement, it gives me hope. I am coming up on a month of the Ageless and I too think I see improvement of my right marionette line and NL...of course, pics will show that when I take them but I am waiting to take them at the 30 day mark....hopefully my eyes are not deceiving me! ha ha....my left side seems to be a bit more resistant (which is my worst side) so hopefully that side will catch up eventually. I will be especially curious as to what the STOP will do for your marionettes too!!! I am waiting with baited breath and can't wait until I start hearing your reports coming out of the STOP camp!!! Laughing If you get improvement with that too, I don't think I will be able to hold out much longer on making another major purchase in the coming weeks!! ha ha...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Mishey...I was thinking about your concern about hollowing out the cheeks with the CRUSH
exercise. I have the same problem...I need to fill out that area too. I am hoping that Flex Effects "Cheek Press Advance" will remedy that. It's the one where you put your thumb inside your mouth on the opposite side, and pull the cheek in while pushing out. I have also modified that into an exercise to address the sagginess and laxed skin below the corners of my mouth. I am pressing out with my thumb under the "saggy" area and pulling "in" with the muscle. According to the diagrams, there is a muscle there, so I'm hoping the isometric will tighten that up too Exclamation

Mountaingirl thanks for sharing that thought. Very Happy
I have the flex effect program, didn't do much with it as it was too time consuming. I'll start adding the cheek press advance twice a week aswell.
I'm interested to see if my undereyes fill out with the Ageless program. That's the only place I get filler and I'd LOVE to be free of it.
Is that lax saggy skin under the corners of your mouth like pouches that are causing marionettes? Or is it more above the chin area?
slh
5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I am on my third day of Ageless and am really hoping to see some improvements in a month or so. I am also doing Flex-away as well (another post I was doing it way to much so stopped for a few days). Do you think doing Ageless in the morning and then 75 reps of the Flex Away is okay? I know some of you gals are doing another facial exercise along with ageless but not sure if it is on another day all together.

I tried taking some before and afters of my self but they turned out absolutely hideous. If I can get a friend or something to take I will but it is hard when you live alone.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:44 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
zephyr wrote:

Now this kind of endorsement needs to go on the back of LL's next book!!

LL, I have to agree...I am just floored at the changes I have seen in my marionnette lines in 2 months. ...

Facial exercises truly should be number one priority to avoid face lifts, as well as some other procedures. No topicals in the world can make the muscles toned!

With facial exercises there is no special equipment needed, no down time, no $$$$ involved. Just need time and dedication to keep the exercises going, and to keep our faces naturally well defined and beautiful. What a wonderful thing!! Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Amen to what Mpstat just posted about facial exercises. I would like to add that if you start your facial exercises early you may not need all the extra facial devices. Unfortunately, I didn't fully understand the benefits of facial exercises until my 50's and I feel like I am trying to makeup for lost time. The facial exercises and massage can build muscle, stimulate collagen, tightened skin etc. So start early and be consistent. Also if you are new to facial exercises you may want to not add a lot of other things to your facial program until you see the benefits you are going to get from the exercises. I faithfully did a facial exercise program before I started adding anything to my skincare routine. That way as I added LED lights, Tua Viso, and now Stop I could tell what was making the difference. I need to back up here, I did do the dema rolling after six months of facial exercises.

Toby
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Alright....so 30 days with Ageless isn't til Saturday but I was bored today and decided to do photos a bit early. I took some pics this morning and compared them to my early December photos prior to the Stim and Ageless....if my eyes do not deceive me, I think I am seeing some pretty good lifting in the upper lid/brow area.. So when I reported my cheap eyeliner wasn't coming off anymore I can see why as I see more of my eye lid in my after photos which makes me pretty hyped! ha ha...and yes, my under eye area looks like a mess in my before's, bad bad under eye day that day...although I must say I see a really good improvement of my under eye area now from a month ago and my bad days are getting fewer and fewer...

As far as the NL's and marionettes....I do believe I see some improvement in the right side like I had suspected, it doesn't look so pouchy under my lip, my NL looks a tiny bit smoother as far as those fine surface lines go and my marionette looks like its filling in a bit....the left I am not so sure...doesn't look to me like much is happening on that side.....but as I have noticed, my right side seems to be more responsive than my left as the left is my worst side. Not sure why that is...

So anyway, here are the pics:

December Before Right Side:

Now Right Side:

December Before Left Side:

Now Left Side:

December Before Left Eye

Now After Left:

December Before Right Eye:

Now After Right:

charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Wow Bren!!! I can't believe the difference in your eyes!!! Are you doing anything else new in the last 30 days or is it all from Loulou's exercises? That's a huge improvement in a very short amount of time! Your lip corners (esp right side) is so much more turned up and firm, young looking. That's an area I am working on (only been at it 9 days). Just let me know if you have done anything else new. Very impressive!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Bren - you have fantastic results.

It is especially noticeable in the eye area.

Your results impressed me so much that I will try to be diligent and finally do both the exercises and AALS.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
sigma, what is AALS?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks gals!

Charis...the AALS is the Anti-Aging LightStim...I use that as well along with the Ageless exercises and have been doing both for the same amount of time. I actually started the Ageless the day before my Stim.
My under-eye area in my before's did not look that horrendous all the time. I had/have lines there, but some days I had this lovely baggy/lined look that you see in my before pics and other days it looked pretty good and much smoother. Not sure why I chose my bad day to take photos, but those are the only close eye "before's" I have. But I do have to say on a daily basis now, my under eye area is looking smoother, less lined and overall a ton better and I don't have bad days like that anymore.
Thus far in the last month I have done the Ageless, Stim, massage and facial brushing, and I do tap the under eye area as well along with light brushing. I think all of those have worked together towards improvement.
My mouth area is my biggest concern right now, and if I can avoid another Juvederm shot or 2, that would be awesome!

Sigma...YES! Keep up with the Stim and Ageless together!!! I am really loving it and have been faithful with both the Stim and Ageless for the last month. I missed 2 days only due to facial irritation & that was self inflicted! ha ha....

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |