Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Clogged bumps on chin area....Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have very small, tiny clogged pores or blackheads on the chin area. I almost have to spreap the skin to squueze them
How I to get rid of these & prevent them?
Thanks...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I remove mine with the head of a bobbypin.

As far as what causes them, that varies by person and their tolerance for the products they are using.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
lol....using a bobby pin can't be good lol

I just wish I could get to what is causing then once & for all.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea01 wrote:
lol....using a bobby pin can't be good lol

I just wish I could get to what is causing then once & for all.
You can get rid of them very easily Andrea by using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. There is a website which is very informative.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
How about trying the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil?It can purify and regulate my T-zone very well.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have had so much success from using a combination of the following products:
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
Dr H Cleansing Cream
Decleor Essential Balm.

I think the Dr Hauschka's Cleansing Cream is the one product that has helped them unclog. Now, when I run my finger over my nose, it doesn't feel bumpy, just smooth and I think the pores are starting to close a bit.

Good luck!
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest a good facial, the therapist can get the blackhead fully out, which reduced the chance of it reappearing. Then i use exfoliating cream by dermalogica.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I find using PSF pumpkin mask twice a week keeps my face clear of blackheads. You could also try a homemade aspirin mask.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
That's also been a problem area for me in the past. I swear by the use of a microfiber cleansing cloth (NCN Professional Skincare's is great) with a mild cleanser, then applying a home-made 10% ACV toner, then Garden of Wisdom's 15% mandelic acid serum, 2x a day. Sometimes I get a little flaky (during colder weather) but problems there have gone away.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use OCM and follow with a good tonic to close pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
WinnieHo wrote:
How about trying the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil?It can purify and regulate my T-zone very well.
I'm not sure how oil can help blackheads Winnieho. I think it would cause more of the same.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea01 wrote:
I have very small, tiny clogged pores or blackheads on the chin area. I almost have to spreap the skin to squueze them
How I to get rid of these & prevent them?
Thanks...

Hi Andrea,

What products are your currently using? For me I have found that certain ingredients in products form these annoying clogged pores. For instance, grapeseed oil specifically causes tiny white bumps and exacerbates my blackheads. Others here are suggesting some great products such as a BHA, mandelic acid, etc. You might also try a facial clay mask. I've used green clay with some success (it will help about 75%). Just be sure not to dry out your skin too much so that it produces too much oil and clogs more pores.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
WinnieHo wrote:
I'm not sure how oil can help blackheads Winnieho. I think it would cause more of the same.

Certain oils can help clogged pores because oil dissolves oil - water can't dissolve oil.
echoico
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
use OCM and follow with a good tonic to close pores
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all.

I've been using the Epicuren line...Gelle Cleanser, colostrum serum and Bare Esenctuals minerals. Effaclar exofiant toner

Otherwise my skin is great...smooth & clear but its annoying b/c I get these tiny reoccuring black/white heads on my chin.
They go so deep, thats why they keep coming back.
Banh
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Try Tendskin, it might stink a bit but it works the fastest, but beware if you have sensitive skin.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried rare clean and clear blemish control gel? It really dries up my zits or areas where I have oiliness. I will spot use it since I usually get pimples on my chin as well.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I've heard chin breakouts are related to hormones. You might want to ask a doctor about it
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
What may help:

BHA product (e.g. Paula's choice BHA 2% liquid)
Azelaic acid (for intractable blackheads and clogged pores) e.g. Finacea (needs doctors prescription in the US but may be purchased online fromwww.epharmacy.com.au without prescription) - this helps some people but not all, probably better to try a BHA product first.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
What may help:

BHA product (e.g. Paula's choice BHA 2% liquid)
Azelaic acid (for intractable blackheads and clogged pores) e.g. Finacea

Is Finacea in a gel or cream base? In Asia we have Skinoren, which is also Azelaic Acid. My derm gave me some a year ago, but I felt the cream base did nothing for me. I wonder if they make this in a gel? Thanks!
pellie
5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Epidermx II, EDS has it, hands down the best! Use it nightly, just a small amount, it is very concentrated. It took care of mine!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |