Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellex-C Or Skinceuticals?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys
Just wondering if there is any difference in this two product lines. I've read that at one point they where together and than one of the guys walked away and came out with skinceuticals. I've also read that Skinceuticals C in better? From the looks of the ingredients they look pretty much the same to me.....
Source(don't go cometics shopping without me) book..
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
When I first started Vit C about 2 months ago I didn't know which brand to go with and read about those two as well as others. I ended up with the skinceuticals C + E mainly because I read it helped prevent sun damage when applied under sunscreen. In terms of the Vit C component I am not sure I notice any changes.... But someone told me Vit C can take a year to work, it is not a quick fix. I'll be interested to see others replies!
Caspers Mum

Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
True: the gentleman who owns/created Skinceuticals was once a part of Cellex-C. He is the man who who conducted all of the studies (through Duke University) about the effects of l-ascorbic & ascorbic acid on the skin. He did not like the direction that Cellex-C was heading in, professionally, and thus ...started his own company, taking the paperwork/studies with him! Competition is good!

Both product lines are comparable, however Skinceuticals (and Canadian company Vivier) have a lower pH than that of Cellex-C. This reduces the "tingling" sensation that some experience, and may be more comfortable for those who have a more sensitive skin. Also, the lower pH allows more absorbsion by the skin.

Skinceuticals also has it's Primacy skincare division, which offers specific formulations (i.e. C+E Serum) that the competition does not. Skinceuticals/Primacy also has a Serum 20, which is the highest amount of vit. C that the skin can absorb. Cellex-C's Advanced-C Serum is 17.5%.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I would go with SC over Cellex-C actually. I get the impression that the Cellex-C oxidises quicker than the SC one. It could be just the one bottle that I have being a bit funny but I certainly didn't have this happen so quick with the Vivier or the SC.
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I find that both Cellex-C and Skinceuticals oxidize and turn orange really quickly. Their vitamin C formula is not stable, and the serum loses its effectiveness after 1-2 months as it oxidizes. Vivier makes a much better vitamin C product.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
clin1202 wrote:
I find that both Cellex-C and Skinceuticals oxidize and turn orange really quickly. Their vitamin C formula is not stable, and the serum loses its effectiveness after 1-2 months as it oxidizes. Vivier makes a much better vitamin C product.
I have a question.. What do you mean that it's Stable? as you where saying about Cellex-c and SC.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:23 am      Reply with quote
The SC that I had before didn't turn orange as fast as the Cellex-C. You're right about the Vivier though - it has retained its color the longest. Mind you, on the Cellex-C bottle it says that darkening is normal and it does not significantly effect the concentration of the product. Not sure what to make of that.

Skinprofusion - vitamin C is not a stable ingredient and it oxidises thus losing its effectiveness. What you want to do is look for a formulation that is stable and oxidises slower than other formulations.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |