Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Take shape for life diet program?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I need to loose some weight and I am considering to start "Take shape for life" program. My girlfriend at work lost 30 pounds in 7 weeks and she needs to loose another 20 pounds. She really likes this diet. However, she is much younger, and when I was her age I had no problems to loose weight by following the low carbs diet. Now the low carbs diet doesn't really work, all I am able to loose is 5-7 pounds but I need to loose around 20 pounds.

Before going on this program I would like to know if anyone else is/was on "Take shape for life" program. If yes, did it work for you, was it difficult to be on this program, are you able not to gain the weight back after you got of the program?

Thank you.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am not familiar with this program but 30 lbs in 7 wks is not a healthy way to loose weight. Loosing fast often means it will be easily and quickly regained.

When you look at the details of this diet ask your self if they are lifestyle changes that you can stick with always?

I'm not a big fan of 'diets'. You should not be put in a position to not know how to eat when you go off the diet. I feel its needs to be a lifestyle change with real foods and exercise that you feel is reasonable for you to make, even if the weight loss is slow.

Loosing weight is hard work and seems even harder as we get older. Sometimes the key is as simple as tracking your calories, really listening to your body when you are full or adding exercise. Check out sparkpeople.com, many find this site helpful.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have a feeling of the 30 lbs she lost, a lot of that was water weight, which is normal when first starting a diet. As far as the low carb diet, how low is low, and how many grams of protein and fat are were you eating with the low carb?

It really boils down to needing a deficit in calories. No deficit, no weight loss. Sad, but true!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
It really boils down to needing a deficit in calories. No deficit, no weight loss. Sad, but true!

Yep..I have to agree!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Yep..I have to agree!

Don't you wish there was a magic pill that would melt the fat right off? Dieting is HARD! Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Yep..I have to agree!

Don't you wish there was a magic pill that would melt the fat right off? Dieting is HARD! Laughing

I think I am actually going to do a ahort term fast! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
But only after Thanksgiving. Gotta eat that good turkey. Has lots of protein!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:07 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
But only after Thanksgiving. Gotta eat that good turkey. Has lots of protein!

I am all about the protein!

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I lost 30 pounds in 12 weeks and have kept of off for 4 years. It teaches you lifestyle changes and good nutrition.

If you need another weight loss buddy or help on the program, let me know.
rodeomom

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to chime in on this topic. I have been on the TSFL program and have been VERY successful on it. I lost 80 pounds in 4 months and have kept it off for over a year. My mother, father, sisters and brother have all be successful in getting healthy and losing weight on the TSFL program. It has been approved by the Mayo Clinic and John's Hopkins University. My own MD was thrilled with my progress and advised me to continue with what I was doing.

If you choose to get healthy using TSFL make sure you get a personal CERTIFIED health coach through the company - it is free with the purchase of your meals and the coaching makes all the difference in the world.

I would be happy to help you get started!
rebrich1

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
This may seem long but please read it as it is a true story about Take Shape for Life program and how it changed my family’s life.

Last year my uncle was finally sick and tired of having IBS (irritable bowl Syndrome) and colitis. after suffering for a little over 10 years (he didn't leave his house the past 3 years)and taking meds he went to a surgeon and was told that they would need to remove his colon completely and he would have to wear a bag on his hip the rest of his life! My uncle was 59 years old.
He thought this was crazy as only 40% of his colon was bad.

He called his cousin who is a practicing MD down in the Florida Keys and asked him his advice.

His cousin Victor told him to wait on the surgery and to go on the TSFL program (Medifast meal replacements) for 30 days and see if it alters his current state of health.

Since eating food versus surgery seemed a lot better solution he tried it.
Within 2 weeks he noticed an improvement of how much he was going to the bathroom. After the first month he felt 10 times better and as and added bonus he had lost 17 pounds. Well over the coarse of a year he has the colitis in remission and can eat all the things he loves and stays on the maintenance program and oh by the way went from 215 pounds at 5'7 to 170 pounds. No more medications!!!

My wife who suffered from the same thing has gone on the program and she to has experienced similar results it has been three months and she has cheated a bit but also lost 22 pounds so far. More importantly I have my wife back and my life back. We now go to the beach and go out for drives without worry about where the next bathroom is. It truly is awesome. I have since become a health coach myself and believe 100% in the program. Although I cannot make claims that this will work for everyone it does seem to have a dramatic effect on how our body heals itself with a good food source. This goes for controlling diabetes, hypertension, and cholesterol .
If you need any additional info I would love to help you or someone you love.
Sincerely
Ritchie
Health coach for TSFL and happy husband

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |