Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Looking for a mask to hydrate the skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have made several purchases from EDS over the past few weeks and my skin is starting to look fab but it can feel a bit dehydrated on my cheeks at times.

I am on the lookout for a mask that will help my combination skin. AT this stage I have 3 possibilities in mind but if someone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

These are the 3 I have looked at:
Astara Mask (I don't know what one though)??
Sothys Hydoptimale mask
Yonka Masque Hydrant 60
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nelly Smile

I too am on search for a good hydrating mask for the winter. Sorry I cannot help you with the products you have in mind, but can suggest alternative options:
"Nature by Valmont Moisturizing with a mask" has good reviews here, so if you can afford it, you could give it a try.
As this mask is out of my budget, I`ve ordered "Caudalie Moisturizing Cream-Mask Face and Eyes", it has good reviews on MUA. I`ll let you know how I find it.
here is the link for it:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/caudalie-moisturizing-cre-p_4905.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
oh, I have not provided a link for the Valmont mask. So here it is:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-nature-moisturizi-p_2198.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice has a nice moisturizing mask.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just found another mask - Thalgo Moisture Quencher - it says its for all skin types so maybe this one might be ok?

Thanks Aiva - Can you let me know how the Caudalie one goes? I read some reviews on here and they weren't that good. I am interested in this line though.

Valmont is too expensive at the moment (Xmas pressies....) Sad
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont nature has a great moisturizing mask.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Caudalie moisture mask and like it. My skin is so dry that I use it as a cream in the winter (don't rinse off). That is an option given on the instructions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I would also suggest Valmont mask. It is expensive, but it is worth the price!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin as well and when it's feeling a bit dry I found Lush "The Sacred Truth" mask to be great. It made my skin feel moisturized (but not greasy) and soft. You can find it at any Lush store (Canada or USA), but you can't order it online because their bio-fresh masks are refrigerated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Remy,
thanks for the suggestion, I heard about this product. I live in Montreal and don't think we have Lush store. Do you order it online through their own online store?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Remy,
thanks for the suggestion, I heard about this product. I live in Montreal and don't think we have Lush store. Do you order it online through their own online store?

They refuse to ship their masks, because they want to keep them as fresh as possible. I buy the mask at a nearby Lush store and head straight home to place it in my fridge. Their masks are great, but the only downside is they expire in about 3-4 weeks of purchase. Also when I'm at the store I always end up buying stuff I don't need Laughing. If you would like to test out the mask before buying, the nice people at the store do give free samples! I'm looking at an old Lush booklet right now and they do have two stores in Montreal (maybe more now).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Remy, thanks I will go to the store. It is even better if they give samples at the store.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I like hydrate mask from Japan or Korea brand. It's quite cheap and so many types to choose.
yyivan
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I'd like FRESH sugue mask
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Well because I live in Australia, I can't get the Lush masks but might hang out until I can find one that may be suitable. Perhaps I can get some samples before I buy something.
Mabsy

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Try your local Lush store. I'm pretty sure that most (if not all?) of our Australian Lush stores also carry the fresh masks - the one in Brisbane definitely does. I've tried quite a few of these a while ago, some are very good!

Nelly4 wrote:
Well because I live in Australia, I can't get the Lush masks but might hang out until I can find one that may be suitable. Perhaps I can get some samples before I buy something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Nelly, there are always honey masks while you are deciding on a product - just mix some organic honey with few drops of milk and put it on the face & neck. But prepare that it will be dripping all the time Laughing

p.s. Nimue, where are you?? that`s you who should do the promotion of honey masks Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest JUARA's Avocado & Banana Moisture Mask.This is the very moisture mask I ever tried. Very Happy
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks WinnieHo, I saw the Juara mask on here yesterday and thought it looked absolutely gorgeous. My little boy used to love mashed avocado and banana as one of his first baby foods!

Mabsy, I live in a town about 1.5hrs from Melbourne so I don't often get the chance to go there. I didn't even realise we had Lush stores in Australia (where have I been??)
echoico
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont nature has a great moisturizing mask
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
my picks...

Yonka Hydrant 60
DDF has a blue gel moisture mask, I cant recall the name.
And Epicuren Hydrating Mineral Wet Mssk.

Oh, and Alba Hawian Botanicals make a nice papaya gel mask.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Nelly4 wrote:
Thanks WinnieHo, I saw the Juara mask on here yesterday and thought it looked absolutely gorgeous. My little boy used to love mashed avocado and banana as one of his first baby foods!

Mabsy, I live in a town about 1.5hrs from Melbourne so I don't often get the chance to go there. I didn't even realise we had Lush stores in Australia (where have I been??)

Dear Nelly4:
You have a little boy?!Oh...he must be very lovely. Very Happy My daughter is five years old.Her favorite food is......dumpling. Laughing
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
an update for Nelly4 on Caudalie moisturizing mask as promised:

I`m using this mask once a week. It makes the skin softer and gentler, and yes, more hydrated. And it smells gorgeous. The procedure is very relaxing and pleasant for me. The results were more subtle while I was using my ususal skincare routine, but 2 weeks break from it, overdried airconditioned air in a hotel and cold weather were so stressful for my skin, that after that the results of the mask were much more pronounced. My skin was soothed, relaxed and back to normal.
So far I think it is rather good mask, however I`m always eager to try smth new. I`ve got a sample of Nuxe hydrating mask, it`ll be interesting to compare.

how is your search for a moisturizing mask going? what are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Lol, I can take a day off if you're here to pick up the slack Very Happy

Honey and milk is definitely my preferred mask, but it could be honey and anything really. Honey and a little water works too Smile

I DARE everyone to try it and compare it to the regular super expensive masks!

Aiva wrote:
Nelly, there are always honey masks while you are deciding on a product - just mix some organic honey with few drops of milk and put it on the face & neck. But prepare that it will be dripping all the time Laughing

p.s. Nimue, where are you?? that`s you who should do the promotion of honey masks Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nimue Very Happy
I should say I did not have impressive results from honey or honey+milk, plus it was really annoying because of drippping, but I definitely love honey + full fat yoghurt mask. Honey makes the moisturizing work, while yoghurt - mild exfoliation brightening up the skin. And it`s eatable so I apply it on my lips too and feel free to lick Wink
you could try this combination also Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |