Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Viterol A ingredient?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
It is good. I don't know if Scotslass has tried it. But it is so good I am willing to make sure EDS has it. As soon as the email from EDS confirms the violet version I'm there.
And I'll let you know!

I've had my eye on this for DIY purposes but maybe I should wait a few weeks.
It must be good to be worth the hassle of trying to get it!![/quote]
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It is good. I don't know if Scotslass has tried it. But it is so good I am willing to make sure EDS has it. As soon as the email from EDS confirms the violet version I'm there.
And I'll let you know!

It must be good to be worth the hassle of trying to get it!!

Hi Sis - No, I have not tried any version yet. I was about to place my order when I realized that the violet gel version is an anomaly. I don't doubt that it is good at all, which is why I wanted to buy it. Smile I'm just simply looking at the other side of the coin in regards to the other versions out there. They may be just as effective as the violet gel, just not "as nice" due to the texture and possibly the fragrance (?).

Update on the versions: Another member has informed me that she received version #4 from EDS in November '08. That's right ladies, version #4!!! She is a long time user of Viterol.A and has never ordered it anywhere other than EDS. Since her first order in 2007, the product she received has always been a light-weight lotion that was white/cream in color. She has never received anything that was a violet gel. As for the packaging, she tells me the first couple of orders she received (back in 2007 and into 2008) that contained the Face, Eye and Cleanser products, all arrived in PUMP BOTTLES. It wasn't until sometime in 2008 that they switched everything to squeeze tubes. I don't think she even knew she had received version #4 in her November '08 order until she checked the ingredients on her tube this week.

Nothing on any of the inserts, bottles/tubes or packaging boxes have EVER indicated that the forumulations have changed! Shock Mad Shock

Now for the question of the day - does she like version #4? The answer is yes. Has she noticed any obvious differences in terms of effectiveness when comparing it to version #1 (and probably version #2, but didn't know she had it Confused )? The answer is no, not at this stage (and she's been using it for 2 months now).

Do I think this situation ranks as THE most UNPROFESSIONAL & NEGLIGENT behaviour I've ever seen from a skincare manufacturer - the answer is a resounding YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
And I'll let you know!

It must be good to be worth the hassle of trying to get it!!

Hi Sis - No, I have not tried any version yet. I was about to place my order when I realized that the violet gel version is an anomaly. I don't doubt that it is good at all, which is why I wanted to buy it. Smile I'm just simply looking at the other side of the coin in regards to the other versions out there. They may be just as effective as the violet gel, just not "as nice" due to the texture and possibly the fragrance (?).

Update on the versions: Another member has informed me that she received version #4 from EDS in November '08. That's right ladies, version #4!!! She is a long time user of Viterol.A and has never ordered it anywhere other than EDS. Since her first order in 2007, the product she received has always been a light-weight lotion that was white/cream in color. She has never received anything that was a violet gel. As for the packaging, she tells me the first couple of orders she received (back in 2007 and into 2008) that contained the Face, Eye and Cleanser products, all arrived in PUMP BOTTLES. It wasn't until sometime in 2008 that they switched everything to squeeze tubes. I don't think she even knew she had received version #4 in her November '08 order until she checked the ingredients on her tube this week.

Nothing on any of the inserts, bottles/tubes or packaging boxes have EVER indicated that the forumulations have changed! Shock Mad Shock

Now for the question of the day - does she like version #4? The answer is yes. Has she noticed any obvious differences in terms of effectiveness when comparing it to version #1 (and probably version #2, but didn't know she had it Confused )? The answer is no, not at this stage (and she's been using it for 2 months now).

Do I think this situation ranks as THE most UNPROFESSIONAL & NEGLIGENT behaviour I've ever seen from a skincare manufacturer - the answer is a resounding YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

Argh! The bloody Viterol A plot thickens ... Bad Grin

I think I'll stick with my own kitchen lab for the best of A, Ferulic and Matrixyl... Wink

Off to hunt for that dreaded nanosome delivery system... Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kathy - You may be our only hope.

I ordered some today - thinking they will still have the violet gel in stock. I can't believe how ridiculous this is. It makes you wonder who's in charge over there at DS laboratories. Actually I wonder if there is a laboratory Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm putting my faith in ScotsLass to get to the bottom of it ...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Actually me too!!! I wonder if Drugstore.com still has the real deal (oh, we don't know what the real deal is, do we?)
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Argh! The bloody Viterol A plot thickens ... Bad Grin

I think I'll stick with my own kitchen lab for the best of A, Ferulic and Matrixyl... Wink

Off to hunt for that dreaded nanosome delivery system... Wink

Kassy - If you can ever find an independant source that explains how to concoct a DIY nanosome delivery system, I'll be forever in your debt!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

sister sweets wrote:
Actually me too!!! I wonder if Drugstore.com still has the real deal (oh, we don't know what the real deal is, do we?)

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence, ladies!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Slowly, but surely, I am making positive strides towards unraveling some of the strangeness with Viterol.A & DS Labs, so keep watching for more updates!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

sister sweets wrote:

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence, ladies!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Slowly, but surely, I am making positive strides towards unraveling some of the strangeness with Viterol.A & DS Labs, so keep watching for more updates!

Adding another thanks here!

For the record, I have ordered from both EDS and SkincareRX...I got violet gel from EDS, and white stuff from Skincarerx.

I really do not like the white cream version of the Face (which I have been using on my arms)...the smell is yucky.

But I did find the eye gel to be a bit drying...I had to put something over it 30 mins later because my eyes felt tight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
- I have not used the the violet gel formula around my eyes. I can see it could be drying.

I've added LAA to it and used it as my C-serum and only on my face. I like it lots and lots in that capacity.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

sister sweets wrote:

Adding another thanks here!

For the record, I have ordered from both EDS and SkincareRX...I got violet gel from EDS, and white stuff from Skincarerx.

I really do not like the white cream version of the Face (which I have been using on my arms)...the smell is yucky.

But I did find the eye gel to be a bit drying...I had to put something over it 30 mins later because my eyes felt tight.

Glad to help! And to know that the eye gel is a bit drying. I was intending to use the face gel and dilute it for the eye area. I'll test that out once I receive my order and see how that goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting more confused by the minute. Sister, is yours a true gel or is it a whitish (slightly lavender) lotion that turns clear when you apply it. I swear mine was thicker when I first used it for my undereye experiment and now it's so light it turns into a gel when I smooth it on my hand. There's no fragrance either.

Sheesh! I remember when I contacted the company a while ago when Kassy first brought this up, they told me the color and consistency can vary depending on the batch. Confused
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I'm For the record, I have ordered from both EDS and SkincareRX...I got violet gel from EDS, and white stuff from Skincarerx.

Would you mind taking a picture of the violet-gel version and the white lotion stuff and posting it for us? I think this might help some of us determine if we've received the correct version or not. Thanks, Bethany!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

Sheesh! I remember when I contacted the company a while ago when Kassy first brought this up, they told me the color and consistency can vary depending on the batch. Confused

They told me the same thing!

Of the 3 I purchased, two were the pale violet gel/serumy formula and had a lovely clean faint scent.. The white lotion in the pump bottle, has an intense (not so pleasant scent), and I found it irritated my skin a little.

I wonder if we all bombarded DS Labs with emails requesting the "gel", and our disatisfaction with all of these other formula's, what the outcome would be?

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is indeed a pale lavender; ever so slighly creamy - gel with the clean faint scent. Does not go on at all greasy and disappears as it is spread around.

I would say Marina you got the right thing. Hope you like it. I sure do.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Mine is indeed a pale lavender; ever so slighly creamy - gel with the clean faint scent. Does not go on at all greasy and disappears as it is spread around.

I would say Marina you got the right thing. Hope you like it. I sure do.

OK..we're on the same page. What confused me was the eye serum..which is a deep, purple true gel (course I got in a pump!). According to EDS, this is the latest..don't know where version #4 (NOT interested in that one) is still hiding.

At least they're different ingredients, so the best thing to do is call EDS and match'em up with what they're sending. Do you believe we have to go through this? Rolling Eyes
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I wonder if we all bombarded DS Labs with emails requesting the "gel", and our disatisfaction with all of these other formula's, what the outcome would be?

I think that's an EXCELLENT idea, Kassy! I've been emailing DS Lab's every day since last Monday and sent yet another message today.

I think its time for EVERYONE to send them an email about all these different forumulations in order to wake them up and take some accountablity for this nightmare! Mad They keep insisting to me that the violet gel and all earlier versions are being replaced with version #4, but won't tell me when or why!

Here is the email addy of the person I've been dealing with - angie@divineskin.com. Does anyone else have any other contact names and email addresses for DS Lab's customer service people? Because I would be happy to contact them too so that it isn't just one person who is receiving inquiries and complaints.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
http://divineskin.com/viterol/default.asp

This is the 1st site I every saw regarding Viterol A.. I found it while I was researching products that contained Ferulic Acid. I just had a quick look at the site, and don't see any mention of 'ferulic acid', and unless I missed it, the full ingredient list I saw the first time, is missing in action.

E-mail us at:
contact@dslaboratories.com
or call us at:

USA Headquarters:

1(888) 404-7770

UK Headquarters:

(0207) 993-8254

I put my 2 cents in an email on the contact page.. I'll keep you posted!

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - talk about synchronicity - I just received a phone call from another person at DS Lab's who works in shipping, of all departments! I need to send her some of my previous correspondence to help her ramp up on this situation, but I was able to glean a vital piece of information from her.

I asked her if DS Lab's actually manufacturers the Viterol.A for Face or if someone else does. She told me no, they do not make it, ANOTHER manufacturer does!!!!!!! So my intuition was right all along about this and we are indeed receiving DIFFERENT formulations from DIFFERENT sources! Not talking

So would the real Viterol.A please stand up! Laughing I hate to say this, but none of us really know if the tubes contain the ingredients listed on them at all. It could be formula X all the way, right! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
That does it - the next thing I do is to buy all the stuff (that Kassy tells me Laughing ) and make it on my own.... I'm going into production girls. Then I'll KNOW what's in there and how much. (After Kassy tells me Laughing )....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
bethany wrote:
I'm For the record, I have ordered from both EDS and SkincareRX...I got violet gel from EDS, and white stuff from Skincarerx.

Would you mind taking a picture of the violet-gel version and the white lotion stuff and posting it for us? I think this might help some of us determine if we've received the correct version or not. Thanks, Bethany!

Here you go....the purple one on the left is the newest version of the Face stuff:

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Here is the email addy of the person I've been dealing with - angie@divineskin.com. Does anyone else have any other contact names and email addresses for DS Lab's customer service people? Because I would be happy to contact them too so that it isn't just one person who is receiving inquiries and complaints.

Angie is the person who answered my questions.

I personally will not be buying this product anymore, period.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mine's a lot lighter purple... more lavenderish and less gel-like. Don't know it that'll tranfer to photo but I'll try.

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Obviously, I suck bigtime at this..I'll bribe DD later. The color is similar, the texture looks a bit different from Beth's. Hers looks more like a gel.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
My two formulas are exactly the same as Beth's pictures.. (Nice going Beth!)

I don't think I will be purchasing this again either..

I'm going away this weekend, and have a gazillion things to attend to in the next few days, but when I get back, I am working on my own recipe for something similar...(I'll keep ya posted Sis!)

What a shame it is, that what started out as such a lovely affordable product, has become a crap shoot, leaving us to wonder what the heck we are putting on our faces.....Argh!

I'm liking my kitchen lab + lovely oils more and more .. wave

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |