Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Viterol A ingredient?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - Dermadoctor seems to be raving about the eye product's ability to remove bags (which you mentioned being concerned about in another thread). It might be worth trying it with the 29% viatrozene gel. It's on sale at SkincareRx for $21.95 - 20% (pm me if you need the coupon code) = $17.56. Shock

Here are a couple of quotes from Dermadoctor articles.

Quote:

An Eye For Beauty

Brand new to the U.S. market is DS Laboratories Viterol.A (viatrozene gel) 29% Lotion for Signs of Aging, which has encapsulated nanosomes of Vitamin A, helping expedite delivery into the skin. Containing viatrozene, this product is a clinically proven compound that dramatically reduces the appearance of aging in the orbital eye area.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/article_An-Eye-For-Beauty_202.html?AID=30

Quote:

Dark Circles

Bags emerge as a result of gravity, loss of dermal integrity, hormonal skin changes, allergies, capillary fragility and inflammation from chronic sun damage. Under eye puffiness augments the tired appearance and exaggerate dark circles.

Pooling of excess tissue fluids contributes to bag formation. This edema (fluid buildup) forms as a result of the inflammatory process, leaky capillaries and poor lymphatic drainage. DS Laboratories Viterol.A (viatrozene gel) 29% Lotion for Signs of Aging leaves the skin firmer and more elastic as well as reduces bags and shadows under the eyes

http://www.dermadoctor.com/article_Dark-Circles_89.html?AID=30

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy had pointed out that EDS did not share the full ingredient list (which just seems SO wrong to me), so here are the complete ingredient listings:

Quote:
DS Laboratories Viterol A Lotion for Eyes & Mouth (15ml)

Active ingredient: Viatrozene 29%

Other ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumber Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tripeptide-10 Citrulline, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5, Ubiquinone, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Polysorbate-20, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract.

Quote:
DS Laboratories Viterol A Cream for General Face Area (30ml)

Active ingredient: Viatrozene 16%

Deionized Water, Almond Oil, Nanosomes of Kinetin, Matryxil, Ferulic Acid, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, D Panthenol, Gingko Biloba, Chestnut and Witch Hazel, Gaba, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...based on the ingredient list, no obvious retinoids. Am I missing one?

Actually, that tips me a bit closer to ordering--I don't want to give up my Avene retinaldehyde.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Hmmm...based on the ingredient list, no obvious retinoids. Am I missing one?

Actually, that tips me a bit closer to ordering--I don't want to give up my Avene retinaldehyde.

Quote:
Viterol.A is the aqueous dispersion of Pure Retinol, Acetate Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, and D-Panthenol encapsulated in phospholipidic micro-spheres which are obtained in special conditions generating organic nanoparticles approximately 10µ in diameter. These micro-spheres increase the transport and absorption inside the skin down into the deepest subcutaneous tissue.
http://www.divineskin.com/viterol/howit.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy had pointed out that EDS did not share the full ingredient list (which just seems SO wrong to me), so here are the complete ingredient listings:

Check it this link to drugstore.com for the face lotion; It has verbatum, what is on my box, including the cut and paste below for 29%..

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=183454&catid=13554

{29.0% Active Extracts
DS Laboratories guarantee that this product contains the highest concentration of active ingredients available on the market for significantly improved effectiveness. All ingredients are derived from highest purity organic sources. No expense has been spared in making Viterol.A the finest quality compound that you can apply on your skin.}

I noticed something strange, and if anybody else has ordered this lately, did it happen to you..

The first time I ordered this many months ago it was the same one as pictured at the link above, and also the picture EDS has.... Now I went to have another look at the last one I purchased last month from EDS, and although it is the exact same name, this one is a lotion, and the first one more of a gel.. Also the new one is in a pump bottle, not the squeeze tube it pictures..

The boxes are exactly the same... Any ideas?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
That is weird. The PDF on their website describes it as a lotion, then farther down they refer to it as a gel. Mind you, I contacted them about a year ago concerning the hair treatment and they were quick to respond, in case you want to try that.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I know the main active ingredient composition (Viotrozene) is a gel, but I guess when incorporated into the rest of the formulation it becomes a lotion .. Confused

Then again, my first tube was most definitely a very pale violet colored serumy formulation, and this 2nd bottle is a somewhat 'thicker' creamy white lotion .. Confused

The second bottle seems more moisturizing to me.

In my experience, both sink right in..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Confused Dang...I'm more of a serum person. Anyway, I fired off an email. I'll let you know what they come back with.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have got to stop reading posts that have anything to do with aging. Everytime I think I have THE PRODUCT along comes another great review. I have absolutely no will power. I am just glad my HB doesn't have a clue what all my bottles and tubes cost. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Then again, my first tube was most definitely a very pale violet colored serumy formulation, and this 2nd bottle is a somewhat 'thicker' creamy white lotion .. Confused

Both of my face and eye/mouth containers are different from what I see online now.

And both are violet gels...I just used them a few minutes ago!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Confused Dang...I'm more of a serum person. Anyway, I fired off an email. I'll let you know what they come back with.

Please do. Both of mine are definitely gel-like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have read this whole subject. Where should I buy this from? Drugstore.com, SkinRx or Eds? Is it the face mouth? Do you combine this with vit. c?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy - Dermadoctor seems to be raving about the eye product's ability to remove bags (which you mentioned being concerned about in another thread). It might be worth trying it with the 29% viatrozene gel. It's on sale at SkincareRx for $21.95 - 20% (pm me if you need the coupon code) = $17.56. Shock

Geeeez! Don't ask me how I missed this post yesterday.

I love how sweetly you refer to my "mentioning" my dreaded bags... Laughing Laughing Laughing When in reality, they are my @$%#^*= nemesis..

I've been putting the face lotion under my eyes and also my brow bone, and it has *helped*... I don't think there is an eye cream in the world that could really tackle them..

I'm going to take you up on the offer though, and maybe I'll try it.. PM coming. And thanks!

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I have got to stop reading posts that have anything to do with aging. Everytime I think I have THE PRODUCT along comes another great review. I have absolutely no will power. I am just glad my HB doesn't have a clue what all my bottles and tubes cost. Very Happy

Yes, but this one's realllllly reasonable compared to other stuff we've been throwing money at. Don't talk to me about willpower, I lost mine in my 20's..back them it was acne..all we had was the dreaded Rezamid lotion. I wonder if anyone else remembers what that was?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Both of my face and eye/mouth containers are different from what I see online now.

I wanted to give a quick update on using both the Face and the Eye/Mouth gels last night.

I used the Face on my arms (and my usual ZO on my face), and I used the Eye/Mouth around my eyes. When I got up this morning, my eyes were very swollen. Embarassed Granted, it could be because they were already irritated from the Nu Derm Clear, and I also got some on my lids.

I am going to give it another try in a couple days when my skin has calmed down again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Patiently (foot tapping) waiting the verdict on the possible change in formulation: (violet gel and now white lotion hmmmm.. What is going on?)
Hope the effectiveness is the same???
Sis

bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

havana8

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Patiently (foot tapping) waiting the verdict....

Laughing that's classic—I can totally picture it... Image
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like they may have changed formulations. Confused

My 16% viatrozene gel Face (violet gel) contains (and matches Drugtore.com):
Deionised Water, Almond Oil, Nanosomes of Sodium Lactate, Kinetin, Matryxil, Ferulic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, D-Panthenol, Gingko Biloba, Chestnut and Witch Hazel, GABA, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, and Methyl Paraben.

The package insert says:
Quote:
Viterol.A (viatrozene gel) 16% is a formulation containing 16% by weight, viatrozene for topical treatment of the signs of aging. This formulation uses tiny micro spheres called nanosomes that are used to encapsulate the active ingredient, viatrozene, in a gel compound. These nanosomes are 200 times smaller then human cells and penetrate into deepest layers of the skin and gradually release the active ingredients over a 15 hour period.

Other components of this formulation: (Viterol.A Treatment for Signs of Aging – wrinkles and expression lines) are purified water, almond oil, nanosomes of vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, D-Panthenol, gingko biloba, chestnut, witch hazel, ginseng extract, propylene glycol, polysorbate 80, triethanolamine, carbomer, methyl paraben, and fragrance.

Other components of this formulation: (Viterol.A Treatment for Signs of Aging – eyes & corners of the mouth) are purified water, almond oil, nanosomes of sodium lactate, cetostearylic alcohol, mineral oil 70, nanosomes of calendula, witch hazel, ginseng, glyceryl monostearate, propylene glycol,
cetrimonium chloride, silicon oil 300, nanosomes of urea, vitamin a, vitamin e, pro-vitamin b5, alpha-bisabolol, and germal II.

Chemically, viatrozene, is a metabolite of vitamins A, E, C, and D-Panthenol.

http://www.divineskin.com/viterol/viterola.pdf

Interestingly, no where in the package insert does it mention the 29% viatrozene gel...I suspect that they got rid of the stronger stuff, and cut it all down to 16% and changed the packaging. Sheesh...I just ordered 2 more things of the eye cream, and I am betting that I get the weaker version!

My 29% viatrozene gel Eyes/Mouth (also a violet gel) contains (and matches Drugstore.com):
Deionized Water, Almond Oil, Nanosomes of Sodium Lactate, Kinetin, Matryxil, Ferulic Acid, Cetostearylic Alcohol, Nanosomes of Calendula, Nanosomes of Witch Hazel, Nanosomes of Ginseng, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Glyceryl Monostearate, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Silicon Oil 300, Nanosomes of Urea, Nanosomes of Vitamin A and E, Nanosomes of Pro-Vitmain B5, Nanosomes of Alpha-Bisabolol, Gaba, Germal II

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just sent them an email and asked:

1. Did they change the formulation of the Face product
2. Did they reduce the viatrozene gel % in the Eye/Mouth product
3. Does the product insert pdf contain the acurate set of ingredients

I'll let you know what they say.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Patiently (foot tapping) waiting the verdict on the possible change in formulation: (violet gel and now white lotion hmmmm.. What is going on?)
Hope the effectiveness is the same???
Sis

Okay, I used the new face lotion (white) on it's own, and here's my thoughts on each.. (I also saw a notation on the insert that said there can be slight variations in color. It seems the Viotrozene color can vary. Confused )

- Ingredients are the same on both the new + old

- Both have a very faint clean, fresh scent, slightly different from each other

- Violet version in squeeze tube is slightly thinner in consistency and sinks in very, very quickly

- White version is in a pump bottle and is slightly thicker. It takes a little longer to absorb + is more moisturizing.

I tested this new version with the C serum recipe I posted, and each version works well.. Both turn out a lovely consistency serum, but made with the white lotion, it could take up to 10 minutes to absorb. The other sinks in before you know it..

Also, just wanted to let you guys know, my last purchase here at EDS showed the squeeze tube, but when it arrived it was the pump bottle.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Great Beth! I was thinking about the very same thing..

I checked and rechecked my packaging and bottles, trying to see if it was one of their other products, but it's definitely Viterol A For Face.

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I wonder if the answer will be as helpful as this one.

Thank you for your email and your interest in DS Laboratories' products.

The Viterol A that comes with a pump dispenser is the previous version. The one that comes in a tube is the latest.

We occasionally make updates to the formula using the latest technologies available. Because of this, there may be slight changes in the appearance and texture of the product from one batch to the next.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may help with.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

I wonder if the answer will be as helpful as this one.

Thank you for your email and your interest in DS Laboratories' products.

The Viterol A that comes with a pump dispenser is the previous version. The one that comes in a tube is the latest.

Thanks marina, now I know I'm not nuts .. Embarassed

Well EDS gave me the old version then .. Sad ..Wonder just how old it is! I'm going to see if there is an expiration date..right back.. NOPE, no date anywhere..

Okay, now I'm going to suggest that anybody who wants this, get it at drugstore.com.. They have all of the info about the products an exact replica of my insert, and it was the violet gel in the squeeze bottle I received..
I wonder how EDS screwed up, and if it's sorted out.. should I write an email? It would be a shame if we can't take advantage of our discount.. But I sure don't want an old expired product just to save 20%.. It's reasonable enough to just buy on drugstore.com..

Arghh!

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
It's $35 cdn on EDS & $48.00 at drugstore. That's a bit of a difference. Time to contact EDS I think.I just ordered it too Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
It's $36. US at drugstore.com

I'm on live chat with EDS, stand by

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |