Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is on my forehead
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote

I believe this image to be good enough to see these somewhat weird bumps on my forehead. How do i make them go away?? and what are they called. They arent really pimples.

Edit: I am the one with the make up on and with hair.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka. Oh! What a beautiful pair you are!! I have no idea about any red bumps (I can't see them really), but what a lovely picture of you and your little girl!! {{hugs}}

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Malishka. Oh! What a beautiful pair you are!! I have no idea about any red bumps (I can't see them really), but what a lovely picture of you and your little girl!! {{hugs}}

That is exactly what I thought!!! Adorable!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, you just wanted to show your beautiful baby!

Actually, I do see the bumps. They look like clogged pores or skin that's getting ready to molt. 8-) You probably used something your skin didn't like recently. No biggy.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Aww thanks Smile

Actually we just snapped this photo and i realized that it actually showed my forehead well enough .

I have had these for ever and ever so it can not be anything new.

It is like "under the skin" pimples. If that makes any scence at all.

I have this on my chin too, but that is probably from something new. because they come and go.

It is annoying!
-cuddlin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
What a lovely baby!

I'm sorry I can't see any bumps on your forehead. Maybe it has been covered up because of your make-up.

So I don't know what the bumps are and couldn't give any advices to you.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I am not wearing face make up- just eyes and gloss.

Sad maybe if i zoom in .

Thank you on the baby comments:)
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Malishka - I see the little bumps and I know exactly what you are talking about. I think they are a type of milia. Check out this websitewww.visualdxhealth.com/adult/milia.htm
or google milia for more info. What you have is often seen in babies skin. Both you and the baby are so beautiful I hope little bumps on your forehead are the only trouble you have for the rest of your life!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I can't see the bumps either. However, I suffer from bumps under the skin, on my forehead and down the sides of my cheeks. I actually have a condition called Sebaceous Hyperplasia - which is the horrible name given to a skin condition in which pores become blocked with sebum and form little cysts under the skin. They are extremely difficult to get rid of. I have had some of the larger ones lasered off, but I have masses of tiny little ones lying in wait.

My bumps seem to come and go, so just when I think I've cured myself, they come back. It is also very difficult not to be tempted to pick at them. I've had the most success by stopping the use of heavy creams (which seem to feed the bumps). I now only use facial oils and Retin-A (which is also really helpful). It is very important to keep your pores free of dead skin, so Retin-A is great for this. You might also like to try a series of Lactic Acid peels.

Also, take a look at this thread on Finacea Gel:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

BTW, you and your daughter are beautiful!
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
what a nice baby.sorry,i cannot see any problem with your forhead.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Looks like you have some very mild clogged pores under the surface of the skin. Retin A would do away with those pretty fast. Or you could go for a chemical peel.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Ok how do i properly use Retin A. Can i get Trenition? IN what concentration would you guys suggests?

*no i am not going to the derm because i dont have insurance*
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31 wrote:
Ok how do i properly use Retin A. Can i get Trenition? IN what concentration would you guys suggests?

You can order the generic verison of Retin A (from alldaychemist.com and get it without insurance. Shipping is rather high, so oder quite a few tubes at once!

I would suggest the .05% cream formulation...start out using it twice a week at night and work up slowly based on how your skin reacts.

http://www.alldaychemist.com/single_product_detail.php?productid=503&isProductID=154/1

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31 wrote:

***Don't use the Retin-A or any of it's derivatives if you are nursing that little beauty girl!***

I see the little bumps, and they are probably just a little built up sebum.. Pick up a little synthetic baby hair brush, and use that with a mild cleanser a couple of times a day.. A toothbrush will work in a pinch for that small area also.. And a microfiber cloth used regularly will prevent that altogether..

Your baby is yummy + delicious ..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Good point! No retin A if nursing. It's not known whether the drug is excreted in human milk so not worth the risk.

Other options are a good salycilic acid wash at 2%... But honestly your skin is nice. When you finish nursing try Retin A. Unless you are trying to get pregnant again.

Neostrata has some good glycolic creams which would really help. I use one that is 8%. It helps with little imperfections like that.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
No worries ladies, i am not nursing.

I searched through EDS and already registered at all day chemist and made a fake emaila ddress and everything due to the Spam issues Smile

My husband is leary though on approving me to use stuff from somewhere else.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I want for my forehead and skin to look like the babies.

She has that airbrushed thing going on.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
hahaha. well she is a BABY! that is unrealistic honestly! But Retin A is probably your best bet. For you, I would use a low strenth, once every 2 days until you get used to it. Since you have nice skin already. Its also good for prevention of wrinkles.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31 wrote:
I searched through EDS and already registered at all day chemist and made a fake emaila ddress and everything due to the Spam issues Smile

My husband is leary though on approving me to use stuff from somewhere else.

Many of us are using the Retin-A from Alldaychemist - be assured that there is no problem with it.

I should also have mentioned in my previous post that I find Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion (which contains salicylic acid and calamine) fantastic for eating away at bumps.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31 wrote:
I want for my forehead and skin to look like the babies.

She has that airbrushed thing going on.

I think we would all love that look! Honestly, your skin is gorgeous. You have a great, healthy glow. What are you using now on your skin?
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31, you already have healthy and glowing skin. And I've read Clarisonic may help improve clogged pores but I don't have personal experience. Embarassed
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
it just APPEARs to look good. Ihave tons of black headson my nose. My cheeks can and often turn weirdly red- when i got my facial the esthetitian thought i had rosacea(until post facial) .............my chin has like under the skin acne and like small whiteheads. Cheeks have visible pores.

The shot is taken kind of far away, i guess i want to have good skin up close .
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to give these a try or something similar with a glycolic acid. I had a really bumpy chin and when I went back to using these pads everynight it has cleared up almost completely. You have till jan 31st to return if you don't like them also.

http://beauty.hsn.com/serious-skin-care-buy-1-get-1-serious-firming-pads_m-10032925_xp.aspx?web_id=4115906&ocm=sekw

I also have a friend from India that uses them every other night ( to save $$) and her skin is beautiful from that.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |