Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

best deep condition for hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
high lighted, course, and of of course I use the straightening but try and and let it it dry naturally before getting the blow dry and the straight iron out. and ideas would help. Have a bonnet hair dryer to sit under to get the full heat if need be. thanks
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi platinumrose,
Some ppl swear by Argan Oil, available in Middle Eastern groceries. It's pretty cheap I hear - $4USD/bottle - and makes the hair smooth as glass when ironing. Esp if your hair is coarse, this may help. I believe it comes in a jasmine scent too.

Everyone has her favorite conditioner & mine is Redken Extreme Deep Fuel. It's a protein treatment, so you have to use a conditioner after rinsing this treatment out. You only have to use it after each shampoo until hair is sufficiently improved, then you can stop using until hair needs it again. My hair is fine and highlighted though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment with heat, without heat, and overnight. I like it a lot, but there's a time commitment involved for all 3 of those approaches.

I like Terax Crema for a quicker DT that I can do on weekday mornings -- just a few minutes in the shower and rinse out. I tend to use this most.

Another that I like is Ouidad Deep Treatment. I use this with heat only. It's given me great results, but I don't always have the time or patience to use it.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
the recommendation is not for a specific product, but once you rinse your hair, it is good to do it in cold water. i find that this increases shine significantly.
deep_splash
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
redken all soft soft ends leave-in condition is good.
Previously, I usually use japanese brands...but I don't think it's very different from brands like redken. It's much better to avoid making hair dry/easy breaking off then to try and repair it.
Of course it's easy to say but hard to do though Rolling Eyes (i use straightening iron sometimes and blowdry my hair too sometimes).

I've read lots of good things about the brand Frederic Fekkai for hair products (styling, shampoo, conditioner). That's on my wish list.

or you can also try leaving in extra virgin coconut oil (buy the solid form at room temperature since its less messy). It's supposed to be good for your hair and it's great for skin too. Used it twice today on my body...it stays on my skin for many hours.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think any condtioner for your hair will work wonders if you leave it on your clean hair all night and than rinse it out in the morning. Or put a good amount on unwashed, dry hair, leave it on all night and than shampoo next morning as per usual. I get super soft hair when I do this routine with the Ojon conditioner.
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kerastase. No contest in my opinion, I just recently had my hair down to my butt crack ... I was preggers so they grew super fast, anyhow, the ONLY thing that kept them healthy after not being trimmed for over a year was Kerastase. I can not live without it on my hair.

I suggest masquintense for thick coarse hair for you. I use the Chroma Reflect.

You can ebay a trial size relatively cheap.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Kerastase hair mask works well. Sometimes pure olive oil is good too!
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Redken all soft conditioner, turns my wiry hair into silky locks. I use it in the steam room with a shower cap so it penetrates and makes my hair more manageable. Have definately noticed alot less breakage with this product and it smells yum!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
deep_splash wrote:
I've read lots of good things about the brand Frederic Fekkai for hair products (styling, shampoo, conditioner). That's on my wish list.

Fekkai is overrated IMO. There are better more economical products out there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Where is the cheapest place to buy Kerastase? I have been so interested in their products but don't want to pay $40 for a shampoo and conditioner. I have seen them on strawberrynet but is there anywhere else cheaper - by the way I live in Australia.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Terax Crema is good and the smell is great!!! I use it daily.Lately,I found the Frederic Fekkai 3-minutes mask is great too.It can soften my hair. Very Happy
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I use both the terax crema and kerastase brands alternatively.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve heard many good things about Kerastase and Terax Crema conditioners, but I can’t seem to bring myself to buy them when I look at the list of ingredients. The ingredients don’t seem to justify the hefty price tags. Could someone please tell me what is in these products that make them good? If someone could shed some light on this I would be willing to over look the price and try them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love the homemade molasses mask. You can make it yourself with one cup molasses, two tea spoons of essential oil, three tablespoons of your favorite base oil (like jojoba or coconut oil etc) and a squirt of your favorite conditioner - as much as you like.

Smear it over your hair and leave on for at least an hour. It's my all time favorite hair treat Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |