Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you "wash" your face in the morning?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
The weather is getting colder and colder.A friend told me-"Don't use any cleanser in the morning!!!".She means that would keep the moisture of skin.But I am afraid that would cause acne.Need some advice!
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I should say..."How you wash your face in the morning?" Very Happy
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi:

I have acne prone skin that can break out very easily so sometimes I wash morning, noon, and night. I usually lather on a film of Noxema right before washing my face since it is great at cleaning out the pores and then I wash my face with Olay Deep Cleansing Face wash for combination skin. This cleanser has witch hazel and mosturizers in it and it leaves the skin very clean but without stripping it.

So far this has worked great for keeping my skin clear without overdrying it.

LC
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
i wash my face in morning,but just use a bean size cleanser,or sometime even just water.i am dry to normal skin,so it works for me very well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
WinnieHo wrote:
The weather is getting colder and colder.A friend told me-"Don't use any cleanser in the morning!!!".She means that would keep the moisture of skin.But I am afraid that would cause acne.Need some advice!
Always Winnie! Your skin sheds millions of cells every day. I wash my face with my hands, my neck with cleanser on face cloth.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I wash my face with my cleanser and at times, add brown sugar to it to help my skin exfoliate.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I have normal skin that tends to be dehydrated in the winter and oily in the summer, with occasional breakouts of acne with the wrong products. I only use my NCN microfiber cloth in the a.m. with warm water to exfoliate. Sometimes I apply cleanser to the T-zone only if it feels oily then and rinse.
These cloths are the best I've used: nice and thick and they really do exfoliate. I can even use them on my eyelids without abrading my skin. www.NCNProSkinCare.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I would be a complete wreck if I didn't wash my face each morning. I really need to stimulate circulation in my face to feel more awake. I usually use cetaphil, followed by my Avene eau thermale spray. I don't believe in spending a fortune on something that is only on my face for 10 seconds.
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
For me, washing with plain water in the morning seems sufficient (but i do use lots of it, and the hands to wipe well skin). I do not use toner (but Avene thermal water spray, or a floral water spray). Skin seems to enjoy this regimen. (My skin is combination, drier in winter, rather sensitive.)
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
No, I don't wash my face in the morning unless I take a shower in the morning. I just wipe with a Ponds Facial wipe to get off any product residue left on my face and neck from my nighttime skincare regimen. Sometimes I exfoliate in the morning if my skin is a little flaky from Renova.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I shower at night, so in the morning I use "Olay Daily Facials Express Wet Cleansing Cloths, Sensitive Skin, Fragrance Free" to remove my PM products. I LOVE these!!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=83936&catid=19535&brand=8217&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=19535&trxp2=83936&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND&cmbProdBrandFilter=8217

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
for the past couple of months i have been just cleansing my face with water in the morning. As i dont think my face would have gotten "dirty" while sleeping. I dint wear makeup to sleep nor was out and about for pollutants to get on my skin. So i think water is enough in the morning. Sometimes in the morning I may however use my usual cleanser and or exfoliator if i think skin needs an extra boost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't clean my face in the morning because I think it is "dirty"...I clean it to 1) remove the PM treatment products, and 2) provide a clean slate for my AM products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use any cleaner in the morning because my skin is dry and not dirty in the morning.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
if you have used product the night before and intend to add more product during the day, cleansing is highly recommended, as products oxidise over time on the skin. if you have a good cleanser then dryness and moisture loss should not be a huge issue. sometimes if you have used a light product, it is sufficient to rinse and wipe down with warm water and steaming.
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I generally dont wash my face unless I work out in the morning. Sometimes I rinse off the eye area though if I have a lot of "sleepies".

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for reply!!! Very Happy It seems choosing a suitable cleanser is very important.What is your favorite cleanser in the morning? Smile
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just splash my face with water and use a cotton ball to wipe it off. I haven't washed my face in the morning for years.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I just splash my face with water and use a cotton ball to wipe it off. I haven't washed my face in the morning for years.

Do you have the problem of acne?
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I used to wash my face in the morning but since I started using 50/50 witch hazel and rosewater as a toner at night my skin has become more balanced. These days I just splash my face really well with lukewarm water and go over it very lightly with a face cloth.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
i only apply a moisturizer at night and eye cream. Recently i also added in 5% BHA gel for around the mouth area on top of the moisturizer. I think both these products would have absorbed into the skin by morning. Therefore I dont see the need to use a cleanser to take them off the skin in morning. As what is the point of using these products if they will sit as a layer on top of the skin and not absorb in?. I think since they absorb in by AM...i dont need any cleanser to take them off and um well water should be enough to take of any oxidised left over product right?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I used to wake up late so that I almost have no time to wash my face without any cleansers.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I don't clean my face in the morning because I think it is "dirty"...I clean it to 1) remove the PM treatment products, and 2) provide a clean slate for my AM products.

Exactly! I sometimes just use just a microfiber cloth and warm water in the morning and it's amazing how much product residue is left on the cloth. On other days I use OCM - but I would never not wash my face, otherwise you're applying makeup on to skin that still has all the pm products (such as Retin-A) on it.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Also, a slightly moist face allows products to penetrate deeper.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I apply KH Professional cleansing cream, while the cream is working I prepare breakfast, then wash the cream off with microfiber cloth and the skin feels good !

Actually I find that KH cleansing creams are very good for winter when the skin tends to be drier than in summer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |