Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Where Do you BUY your skinactives?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I am new to DIY but very interested in it...know that SAS sells actives..GOW too but they can be expensive...Do you guys have any other supplier or seller that you think has better prices and great customer service...?
I ORDERED from another online seller based outside of USA but want to see before I comment how good are the actives ...had a little issue with them though( will tell later Embarassed )

So if you guys can chime in where you buy your actives it will be nice..
Thank you all in advance!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lotioncrafter.com is an option, as well as cellbone.com.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much...
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
also
makingcosmetics.com
thepersonalformulator.com
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Bulk Actives,
The Herbarie
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
NewDirectionsAromatics
susan0830

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am just starting with DIY skin care and have done some home face masks and toners. I have liked the results so far and would like to some direction on where to buy other products. There is just so much out there that is hard to figure out where to go.

I have looked Original Creations for Clay and EO (I was looking for frankincense, but they only had it in the powder…it there a difference?)

and then a company called ncnskinpro for sea kelp (seems $25 for 8oz is reasonable) and maybe their GHK copper peptide serum (thought it was expensive though…$50)

I did look into Skin Actives, but they seem high on things and I saw a few people say if they had a problem with a product they did not get good customer service.

If you can think of any other sites please let me know.

Thanks for all you help,

Susan
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
This thread has all;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32529

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
susan0830 wrote:
Hi,

I am just starting with DIY skin care and have done some home face masks and toners. I have liked the results so far and would like to some direction on where to buy other products. There is just so much out there that is hard to figure out where to go.

I have looked Original Creations for Clay and EO (I was looking for frankincense, but they only had it in the powder…it there a difference?)

and then a company called ncnskinpro for sea kelp (seems $25 for 8oz is reasonable) and maybe their GHK copper peptide serum (thought it was expensive though…$50)
I did look into Skin Actives, but they seem high on things and I saw a few people say if they had a problem with a product they did not get good customer service.

If you can think of any other sites please let me know.

Thanks for all you help,

Susan

Hey Susan - Welcome to the forum. Based on a few of your comments I am wondering if you are located in Canada. If so, then remember to always check the EDS online store to see if they carry any products that interest you, like Skinbio's GHK Copper Peptide Serum (EDS & ncnskinpro are both reseller's for Skinbio). Just click the "Essential Day Spa" icon located near the top left corner of your screen and you'll be immediately taken to the store.

As for a fuller DIY supplier list, Kassy has already directed you to a good one! Smile

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Scott and all,

Thanks for the help. I am not from Canada. I am actually from Boston, MA. Kind of close.

There is so much out there and it does get confusing. This winter was hard on the skin, so I started looking into DIY.

Thanks agian,
Susan
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I just found this website

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1&zenid=i65a362cvfhu1qabk603iqdv14

It looks quite interesting to me because it is food-grade vit C. And for some reason I keep thinking if you can eat it it must be of decent quality, right...? I wonder if anyone can comment on this? Thanks
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I just found this website

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1&zenid=i65a362cvfhu1qabk603iqdv14

It looks quite interesting to me because it is food-grade vit C. And for some reason I keep thinking if you can eat it it must be of decent quality, right...? I wonder if anyone can comment on this? Thanks

Hi fat_swan - There is no known difference between natural and synthetic L-ascorbic acid forms - both are very safe and effective. However, if you are formulating with vitamin c, then you do not want to use a food grade vitamin product. It will not contain the necessary concentrations and pH levels required for skin care application. Hence the need to use the synthetic variety that you can control in terms of desired concentration levels.

What is extremely effective is taking food grade Vitamin C (ester) orally every day (I prefer the powder form mixed into a shake) and using a synthetic Vitamin C serum with LAA that has a concentration between 15% to 17%. Your skin will only utilize LAA up to a concentration of 17%, anything higher than this is a waste of time and product. Keep in mind that a Vitamin C serum with LAA that is below 10% in concentration is not going to produce any great results either. Ideally, you want to start at 10% and work your way up to 15% (or maximum 17%).

To help deliver the bioavailablity of your food grade Vitamin C further, take it along with a MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) supplement. If you do a search on the forum, there are plenty of discussions about MSM if you'd like to learn more about it. I consume 3-4 grams of MSM powder along with 2 grams of Vitamin C (ester) powder mixed into a protein shake every day, and know without a doubt that these two supplements make a huge difference in how my skin looks. I highly, highly recommend that you try these supplements together and believe you cannot lose if you treat your body internally and externally with Vitamin C, since it is a vital component for the synthesis of collagen and your body cannot make Vitamin C on it's own.

Quote:
Natural vs. Synthetic Vitamin C

Natural and synthetic L-ascorbic acid are chemically identical and there are no known differences in their biological activities or bioavailability (42).

You might find this article informative regarding all the different forms of vitamin c .www.lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminC/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
susan0830 wrote:
Hi Scott and all,

Thanks for the help. I am not from Canada. I am actually from Boston, MA. Kind of close.

There is so much out there and it does get confusing. This winter was hard on the skin, so I started looking into DIY.

Thanks agian,
Susan

You're welcome, Susan. There is lots and lots to learn and read in this forum - especially about DIY. So take your time as you search through the DIY section and try not to overwhelm yourself! When you first discover this place, the vast amount of info on products and actives is extremely confusing to everyone!!! So trust me when I say we've all "been there!". Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi ScotsLass, like many others here I've been having trouble with my watched topics, so I didn't see your post until a week later. Thank you so much for your very detailed explanation! I guess I'll continue to use up my LAA from bulkactives first Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
No worries, fat_swan! Very Happy Glad to have helped! I have yet to hear of anyone complain about the quality of LAA from Bulkactives, so you shouldn't hesitate to use it up before you try another supplier.

Happy formulating!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |