Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Obagi Nu Derm or Remergent or both?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was really thinking of trying the Remergent DNA repair and then realized that I actually do have some pigment problems and such that could use fixing, which I believe the Obagi system would help. Can you use the products at the same time or should I do Obagi first? Does everyone have to do the full 18 weeks? If I can't used Remergent while on the Obagi program, can I use it during the maintenance part?

I need to get this Chrismukkah List out (jewish mom/christian dad) Hee Hee Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Usually people are told by their doctors to only do Obagi Nu Derm with the Obagi products. If you want to get the best results, you shouldnt deviate too much from how it is supposed to be done. Adding other products might reduce the beneficial effects and change how the products affect your skin. Why not complete NuDerm, and then try your other products. Smile
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
oops I forgot the other question you have. Not everyone does the 18 weeks, but if you want to get the most effect from the system, you should do the 18 weeks. From what I have heard, for some people it keeps improving the whole 18 weeks. Maybe Rileygirl could add to that, she is the Obagi expert Very Happy
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
One more question...I call on doctors offices for my job, so I have A LOT of face to face contact! Can I wear makeup while on Obagi or should I just accept the fact that I will look like a freakshow for 18 weeks? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 am      Reply with quote
amonavis is correct. You should only use Nu Derm as you don't want to use anything moisturizing - this lessens the effects. The recommended protocol is usually 18 weeks (some only need 10, 12, etc usually determined by your doc/nurse, but to reap the most benefits standard protocol is 18 weeks). You can use whatever you want on maintenance on the days you are not using your Nu Derm products (maintenance is usually 2-3 mornings of Clear, 2-3 mornings of Exfoderm, and anywhere from 2-5 times a week at night Retin A/Blender).

You can use make-up during Obagi. I don't think you will look like a freak (Very Happy), but you will most likely have off and on flaking for most of the time (this is usually around the mouth area). That usually lessens after about week 6, but everyone is different! You can try an exfoliator (I use ZO exfoliating polish, which is wonderful for removing the flakes for probably 5-6 hours at a time) to lessen the flaky look. You just need to be gentle with the exfoliating product! Hope that helps!
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
THANKS!!! I can't wait to start the obagi! It will take all my willpower to avoid the sun next summer and going forward. It's tough being a Florida girl!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean! It's hard not going to the beach when I am in Miami. I guess you can go swim with waterproof sunscreen but just don't tan! And reapply every half hour Very Happy
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Final Question (i feel like i'm on a game show)

Which Obagi products do I buy? There are a whole bunch listed!! I'm getting the Nu-Derm for Christmas and I need to know what to tell them to buy me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
rcascone, tell them to get you a starter kit of Nu Derm. That should have the Cleanser, toner, Clear, Exfoderm, Blender, and sunscreen.

You need to either pick the oily or dry kit. The other difference in the kits is the Cleanser (oily or dry formula), and the Exfoderm (in the dry kit) or Exfoderm Forte in the oily kit.

Just remember to use Retin A mixed with the Blender and make sure you wear sunscreen every single day! Good luck!
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I used Obagi Nu Derm this summer for 18 weeks along with Renova .05%. It's an amazing skincare line. The (peeling and flaking phase) you will go through is so worth it. I was able to wear makeup but I had to redo it once a day at lunchtime because of the flaking. I just went to the bathroom and wiped off my makeup and the flaky skin with a Ponds Wet wipe. Then I reapplied my sunscreen and makeup quickly and I was out the door. That kept my makeup looking good for the rest of the day until I got home from work. I only had to do that for about the first 6 to 8 weeks. I learned about Obagi Nu Derm here from wonderful posters like Rileygirl. I've been on maintenance now for about 4 months. I still use the Blender/Renova .05% mix every other night and after about 20 minutes I top it off with Remergents Barrier Repair. On the nights I don't use the Blender/Renova mix I use Remergents DNA Repair and the Barrier Repair. I also use Remergent's Antioxidant Refoliator. Maintenace is different for everyone. I find all I need to keep any hyperpigmentation at bay is the Blender/Renova mix and a good sunscreen. Others incorporate the Clear into their maintenance program and some also use the Exfoderm. It all depends on your skin.

Good luck with Obagi Nu Derm!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Keli13, that is great to hear your results and that you are still on maintenance. You are so smart! I sure wish I had stayed on maintenance, as now I am doing it all over! Keli13 brings up a great point; maintenance is extremely important so your skin does not slowly revert back to where it was before you started Nu Derm!

How are you liking the Remergent products, Keli13?
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Im glad to hear that maintenance is not too complicated for you to keep up. I have too many other products to use, I want to keep maintenance to a minimum hehe.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |