Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Shed 10 years in 10 weeks,
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
The book is written by a doctor. Has anyone read it? I have followed the skincare program & diet which is recommended on the book. Perhaps the book is not having enough feedback from amazon, but I will highly recommend it.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell us the gist of the diet and skincare regime? The title seems awfully gimmicky to me.

What have you found particularly effective from its recommendations? And what specific changes have you seen from it?
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what Amazon.com has to say about the book:

"Here's another candidate for the "Whoa! Who's that old guy in the mirror?" genre. The advice in Shed 10 Years in 10 Weeks covers a wide range of age-related complaints: more fat, less muscle, more wrinkles, less sexual vitality, more illness, less short-term memory, and on and on. The proposed solutions to these problems rely heavily on nutritional supplements, which is a bit dubious, and there aren't any recommendations for strength training in the "Regain 10 Years of Muscle" section, which is even more suspect. (Julian Whitaker seems to be a cardio person.) But aside from those two quibbles, the advice seems useful and practical, especially for those who've worked and played just a little too hard in their first 40 or 50 years."

From what I can see, it's basically a book that recommends supplements, exercise, eating right, stimulating your brain, and using sunscreen. Good advice, but perhaps, unless you're currently living a life of "Cheetos, Couches and Cholesterol" - this book probably isn't groundbreaking.

But, you can buy it on Amazon.com for a penny - plus shipping! LOL
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
The skincare regime is telling you what product (brands) to use for am and pm. That was the first time for me to learn about Cellex C, retinol, BHA etc.. The book is written in the 90s, but I always revert to it whenever I need it. I will post the details tonight.

The diet is more like common sense, unless you are eating very unhealthy.
innifree
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
The skincare regime is telling you what product (brands) to use for am and pm. That was the first time for me to learn about Cellex C, retinol, BHA etc.. The book is written in the 90s, but I always revert to it whenever I need it. I will post the details tonight.

can i download it or read it from website?it sounds useful.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:53 am      Reply with quote
To me it sounds gimickey from the title, and the information is outdated, unless they have updated the book. I dont know how someone could look 10 years younger that soon unless they just went under the knife. Laughing
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
To me it sounds gimickey from the title, and the information is outdated, unless they have updated the book. I dont know how someone could look 10 years younger that soon unless they just went under the knife. Laughing

I have the book for 8-9 years, I honestly don't think it is out-dated. Have you ever heard that eating fresh fruit and veggies is out-dated? Doing exercise is out-dated? Drinking plenty of water is out-dated?

The first time I read it was in the library and I found it is useful so ordered a copy from Amazon. I enjoy reading these types of books very much, and have a big collection at home. This one seems my all time favorite. The other one is "You are what you eat" and "The Food Doctor".

If you are a person who eats junk and never taking good care of yourself for most of your life, I do believe you will look younger if you are willing to follow the plan.

I pick-up this book again few months ago (when I was feeling my skin is slightly sagging, tummy is getting bigger, looks older and older), and re-read the "Exercise Program" in the book, and I am now exercising 30 minutes in the morning for nearly 2 months. I met a friend last Friday, I have not seen her for a while, and she praised that I look much better, slimmer and younger. I have not lost too many kilo (maybe 2kilo in 2 months), but skin looks definitely better.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
innifree wrote:
critic wrote:

I don't know if you can download it, perhaps can take a look in library?
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
The skincare regime is telling you what product (brands) to use for am and pm. That was the first time for me to learn about Cellex C, retinol, BHA etc.. The book is written in the 90s, but I always revert to it whenever I need it...

Hi Critic,

I'm glad that you find this book to be useful - it's always good to have guidelines when trying to figure out a routine.

My concern is that skincare companies and advancements in medical science have created a lot of new products and systems in the past ten years. So, a book written in the 90's might not necessarily be the best resource for those looking for cutting edge products. Still, eating right, exercising and drinking water is never a bad proposition, no matter what new products are out there! Wink
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am recently re-reading an old book, Detox in 10 days. Anyone tried it before?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
amonavis wrote:

I have the book for 8-9 years, I honestly don't think it is out-dated. Have you ever heard that eating fresh fruit and veggies is out-dated? Doing exercise is out-dated? Drinking plenty of water is out-dated?

The first time I read it was in the library and I found it is useful so ordered a copy from Amazon. I enjoy reading these types of books very much, and have a big collection at home. This one seems my all time favorite. The other one is "You are what you eat" and "The Food Doctor".

If you are a person who eats junk and never taking good care of yourself for most of your life, I do believe you will look younger if you are willing to follow the plan.

I pick-up this book again few months ago (when I was feeling my skin is slightly sagging, tummy is getting bigger, looks older and older), and re-read the "Exercise Program" in the book, and I am now exercising 30 minutes in the morning for nearly 2 months. I met a friend last Friday, I have not seen her for a while, and she praised that I look much better, slimmer and younger. I have not lost too many kilo (maybe 2kilo in 2 months), but skin looks definitely better.

It sounds like you have a lot of older but useful books for you.

I've never heard of the detox book but I would check out newer stuff. With a name like critic - you should be very analytical and persnickity Laughing

Eating well or exercising is never out-dated but it tends to be information we all know already.

As I'm sure you know her point was other books are closer to the year 2009 information - up-to-date and carry current studies that add to what we know and surpass what is in texts of the previous ten years.

Skincare has gone light years ahead of 10 years ago. Basics are great - C's, retin A but we all can find that out just by reading the internet or EDS - in fact I found out more about skincare reading this forum than anywhere.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets,

I did not pick a name as sweet as yours Laughing

I think internal health is more important than using skincare. Consider someone who smoke, eats junk, no matter what she puts on her face, she will never have a beautiful skin.

Besides 80s books, I also have bought latest health & diet books, I search a lot on Amazon. I am happy to share if anyone is interested.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing all of your information. We love it here.

I've always believed in health first. It's the only way. The surgeon general of the US has said that it is the gateway to health - good nutrition is the number one way to avoid problems. Just look at anyone who eats badly and has bad habits. It does show.

I'm sorry for being difficult with you. Really am.

Sis
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets

Don't worry, it is not a problem at all. It happens all the time in discussion forum. I am new in the forum but not new with this site, if I remember well, my first order here was 8-9 years ago.

Like many other people, I spent quite a lot on skincare in the past, but did not see a WOW difference. (the only exception is Obagi)

I went to library every weekend during my first pregnancy, and that was the first time to read "Shed 10 years in 10 weeks.", since then I have started to read more and search on diet and exercising, learn more about using supplement and herbal. Not just me, people around me do see a big difference and keep asking me 'What am I using." They also question why I look younger than few years ago.

And so, just want to share with more people here.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love Google's book previews. They provide a lot of info, definitely enough to determine whether you want to buy it or not. Here's one on the book that began this thread:

http://books.google.com/books?id=r0mzfmr_9ZgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=shed+10+years+in+10+weeks&ei=GxdtSYTlNIOUMoij5MIK&client=firefox-a#PPA50,M1
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have the book in front of me, and here is the recommended Skin Care Regimen (my shorten version)-

The Night Before:
The herbal face sauna. Boil 1/4 of water. Mix in the herbs. Turn off the heat and cover the pot for 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and put it on a table. Sit or stand about 1 foot away. Ocver your head with a towel and tean over the hot pot. Close your eyes and take a few deep, relaxing breaths. Wait 10 minutes. Splash cool water on your face and apply your moisturizer.

Ready to start your new skin care program tomorrow.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Your Morning Regimen:

1. Always start with a clean face and neck. Before you apply any product, make sure that your face is absolutely clean. Splash warm (not hot) water on your face and beck. Put a small amount of a mild, nonsoap cleanser in your hand and rub it into your face and neck. Rinse by splashing warm water on your face at least 10 times. Lightly pat with a soft towel. Don't tug or pull at your face.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
2. Apply vitamin C serum or cream. Gently rub a small amount of Vitamin C cream or serum on your face and on the back, sides and front of your neck. Vit. C should always be the first cream to touch the skin so it can be absorbed immediately. If you want to use a Vit C product under your eyes, by sure to use only weaker strength products designed for use in this sensitive area. Use just enough to cover vit C is good. A little Vit C goes a long way, and too much can be irritating.

Wait 5 minutes to allow Vit C to be fully absorbed by your skin before shaving or applying other products.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
innifree wrote:
critic wrote:

I don't know if you can download it, perhaps can take a look in library?

THE CHEAPEST PRICE IS 6 DOLLAR INCLUDE SHIPPING FEE IN AMAZON.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |