Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is anyone using Mega-Tek or Ovation Cell Therapy for Hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
laurachippewa

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new here, have been lurking awhile however!

I was wondering if anyone is using Mega Tek for growing their hair & if so how are they using it & what are your thoughts?

This has really gotten great reviews on other forums & I thought in my lurking here I saw a poster who was using this.

Thanks so much.
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Have only just received my bottle of Mega-Tek so can't comment as yet but I am very interested to know how others have found the results over a period of time.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I too have only just started my mega-tek a couple of weeks ago so can't comment too much as yet.

BUT my hair feels different. I'm not sure if it's getting thicker or exactly what feels different about it but something's different.

I have also started taking Biosil so I'm taking a two pronged approach, inside and out.

I'm not sure if what I'm doing with the mega-tek is Ok but I'm not washing it out after putting it in. I posed the question to Allyssa in another thread but she hasn't responded as yet. Actually I think I'll PM her.
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I pm'd Allyssa too! I wet my hair thoroughly then apply approx a quarter size of Mega-Tek on to the scalp and massage it in. I left it in my hair overnight and rinsed it out the next morning. They recommend you use it 2 or 3 times a week so I used it again last night for the second time following the same procedure but rinsed it out after 2 or 3 hours. My hair looks to have much more root volume today (it isn't lying close to my head). I don't shampoo it out nor do I feel I need to use any conditioner either. I am taking a break from shampoos with Sodium Laureth Sulphate so this is working out great for me so far.

I used to be a technical consultant for Redken hair and beauty products some years ago and the technical qualities they give for the product is very similar to Redken's Extreme Pack (for extremely damaged, over processed hair), PPT treatment(polypeptide hair reconstructor) and Glyprogenic system (for fine flyaway hair) - this appears to everything all in one. Great!!!
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone...It is easier for me to respond to pm's because this is a hectic time for me (my husband and I are building a new home). Anyways...I do use both products and I prefer the Megatek. I use the Megatek daily as a leave in on my scalp. I just place a small amount on my fingertips and massage it on my scalp only. I do use my OCT as a deep conditioner and I aplly it to my scalp weekly only because I have it and want to use it up. I prefer the Megatek because it is not as oily and I can just air dry my hair and go to work. I have been using this method for a while and my hair is growing quicker than before I started. I would say twice as fast. It is a bit slower now in the winter months though. I also take vitamins. I began researching and using "growth aids" and vitamins after my hair disaster a year ago. I had BSL hair and went in for a trim...I walked out with a mullet Shock
Not what I wanted! I had to cut off all of my hair to the shortest layer, which was 2" long. My hair now is past my collar bone, shoulder length and I have had many trims.My hair dresser has been trying to grow out her hair and hers was longer than mine. My hair is now longer than hers and she is amazed. She doesn't have the patience to use these products. I on the other hand am obsessed at getting my length back. I have used many, many products for hair growth. I am planning on starting a new thread on "growth aids" when I get some time if you guys are interested. I prefer the low maintenance ones that are not greasy. I have thick hair but it is straight and I cannot go outside with oil on my hair because you can see it. I would definitely recommend Megatek to everyone and please feel free to PM me with any specific questions that I may not have answered. There is no right or wrong way to use these products...whatever works for you. Just remember that it does contain protein so you will have to balance it out with a moisturizing conditioner and try to apply only to your scalp if you are doing it daily!Good luck and happy hair growing Smile
laurachippewa

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much. I have a bottle & am going to give it a go!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy Megatek?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
You can purchase Megatek at any equine store or online. It is a big (16 oz.?) black bottle with blue letters. It says EQYSS MEGA-TEK Rebuilder coat and hoof. It actually is great for nails and cuticles!!I got mine from horseloverz.com for $29 here is the link:

http://www.horseloverz.com/product.php?productid=151702&gclid=CMa5qomlr5cCFQw9GgodGmWIjA

Just a reminder that it takes some people to longer to see results (maybe even 3 month) so don't give up and be consistent. You don't need to obsess with the application, just place a small amount on your finger tips when your hair is wet or dry(it is easier to spread around when hair is wet) and massage your scalp. That's it!

Also, the Mega-Tek is around $30 and the Ovation sell therapy is $60 for a smaller bottle. I personally prefer the Mega-tek and am getting both length and thickness. I also prefer the texture.

Let me know if you need a recommendation for a moisturizing conditioner without protein.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
allyssa wrote:
You can purchase Megatek at any equine store or online. It is a big (16 oz.?) black bottle with blue letters. It says EQYSS MEGA-TEK Rebuilder coat and hoof. It actually is great for nails and cuticles!!I got mine from horseloverz.com for $29 here is the link:

http://www.horseloverz.com/product.php?productid=151702&gclid=CMa5qomlr5cCFQw9GgodGmWIjA

Just a reminder that it takes some people to longer to see results (maybe even 3 month) so don't give up and be consistent. You don't need to obsess with the application, just place a small amount on your finger tips when your hair is wet or dry(it is easier to spread around when hair is wet) and massage your scalp. That's it!

Also, the Mega-Tek is around $30 and the Ovation sell therapy is $60 for a smaller bottle. I personally prefer the Mega-tek and am getting both length and thickness. I also prefer the texture.

Let me know if you need a recommendation for a moisturizing conditioner without protein.

This place sells it even cheaper:
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07c61-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a bottle of this product. I thought it was like a conditioner. Should I use it like a leave on conditioner for the scalp?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
allyssa, what conditioner without protein do you recommend? I just bought some Mega Tek for myself and my daughter. She fried her hair by flat ironing it. She had beautiful long hair, thick like a horse's tail and had to cut it off. I can't wait to see what this does for her.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
allyssa, what conditioner without protein do you recommend? I just bought some Mega Tek for myself and my daughter. She fried her hair by flat ironing it. She had beautiful long hair, thick like a horse's tail and had to cut it off. I can't wait to see what this does for her.

Hi...I use the following:
Redken smooth down butter treat, Matrix sleek look, Pantene Beautiful lengths (used it for the first time today and I really like it), Pantene also has a moisturizing conditioner but I don't remember the name of it. Just read the ingredients and look for ingredients like glycerin, chloride, lanolin, anything that is moisturizing. No protein while using this on the ends, it can be too drying after a while. You can use this on the ends weekly as a deep conditioning treatment.

I also use Giovanni hair products. I like their shampoo's without sulfates and I like their Direct Leave-in conditioner. It is all natural and provides just the right amount of moisture.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I just bought a bottle of this product. I thought it was like a conditioner. Should I use it like a leave on conditioner for the scalp?

Hi...read my long post above and if you still have questions PM me! Good luck!
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
lazydazy29 wrote:
Hi
I pm'd Allyssa too! I wet my hair thoroughly then apply approx a quarter size of Mega-Tek on to the scalp and massage it in. I left it in my hair overnight and rinsed it out the next morning. They recommend you use it 2 or 3 times a week so I used it again last night for the second time following the same procedure but rinsed it out after 2 or 3 hours. My hair looks to have much more root volume today (it isn't lying close to my head). I don't shampoo it out nor do I feel I need to use any conditioner either. I am taking a break from shampoos with Sodium Laureth Sulphate so this is working out great for me so far.

I used to be a technical consultant for Redken hair and beauty products some years ago and the technical qualities they give for the product is very similar to Redken's Extreme Pack (for extremely damaged, over processed hair), PPT treatment(polypeptide hair reconstructor) and Glyprogenic system (for fine flyaway hair) - this appears to everything all in one. Great!!!

Any results yet?
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
There appears to be a stubby regrowth from my scalp and lots of baby hair. Good news, eh?

I have been rinsing Mega-tek out as much as possible for at least 2 or 3 minutes without using shampoos for the three weeks of using it.

I started taking Biotin about 3 months ago starting out with the low level then bumped it up to super potency last month. My hair has definitely grown more than it would have done normally. Whatever is responsible for that - who cares! I am hoping it will get more volume and with the new growth I'm experiencing I expect to achieve that but after a much longer period. Will check back in about three months.
Rudra

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Any suggestion on nice shampoo / conditioner for well water.
Thanks
Rudra

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have been using mega tek for about a month and i seen some diff in my hair and some growth in baby hair in front .
I had couple of questions:
Can I still do conditioner wash while using mega tek
Has anyone else experience hair color fading meaning it gets lighter with every use.
I use hair color.
Thanks
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes its ok to do a conditioner wash although I find my hair gets too greasy using Mega-tek at every wash. My hair has grown virtually twice as fast using MT - just wish it could be thicker but if you only have so many hair folicles you can only have so many hairs! Good stuff nonetheless.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
lazydazy29 wrote:
Yes its ok to do a conditioner wash although I find my hair gets too greasy using Mega-tek at every wash. My hair has grown virtually twice as fast using MT - just wish it could be thicker but if you only have so many hair folicles you can only have so many hairs! Good stuff nonetheless.

hi
i bought mega-tek 2 weeks ago after reading about it on eds. how lucky was i to have a feed store around the corner...and there it was on the shelf! I think i've been using it wrong. I condition every other day w/ it as you would a normal conditioner, and once a week i massage into scalp and leave on over night. It has totally thickened my hair - or at least coated it or something. I have baby fine hair, but now it's much heavier and coarser (which i actually love) - i don't like that the second day after i wash my hair it looks really bad - dry, unkempt(but thick)a comb/brush making matters worse - before megatek i washed my hair every 3rd or 4th day and it looked better each day...i think i need to back off abit - maybe the protein is drying my hair out..??
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this about 2 times a week since December and have noticed faster growth but also noticed more hair falling out, anyone else experience this? Yes my hair is a bit more drier too.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Moongoddess, my hair looks unkempt too the day after I have washed my hair, then it sort of settles down the following day.

I prefer to wash my hair about every four days as I have shoulder length fine hair and washing and using styling equipment is damaging. I wet my hair, massage the M-T into my scalp leaving it on for anything from 10 minutes to an hour then wash it out using a baby shampoo and condition the mid section and ends with Dove Shine Therapy conditioner. Occasionally I find my hair looks weighed down with silicones and I use VO5 Extra volume shampoo and condition as usual.

bugaboo, just use it on the scalp only as too much protein can be drying if you use it too much, especially along the length of the hair shaft. Are you finding any growth of baby hair?
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ovation has been advertising a lot lately on the radio, so I thought I would check it out. I came to find a lot of positive reviews, but why does it seem like all the buzz about this is coming from African Americans? The Ovation website doesn't seem geared to African Americans but most of the reviews I can find are. I am finding the same to be true for Mega-Tek. I only wonder because I have the finest straightest flat limp flyaway non-course hair ever and am wondering if either one will work for me too. It sounds like Mega-Tek is the same thing as OCT but cheaper. I am worried about putting so much protein on my hair, but is this worth the try to make it grow faster and stronger?
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Because the African Americans hair is very delicate and breaks easily and needs extra help with proteins and moisture to give it structure which is why black people have made most of the reviews.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think I have to give Mega_Tek or OCT a try...there are too many positive reviews. I think OCT has a guarantee, but I'm tempted to go for the cheaper one first (MT). If it doesn't work, it will be another one for the gigantic pile I already have of useless products. However, lately I'm trying to only get what I think really has a chance of working and I hope this won't go to the pile!
lazydazy29
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I know where you are coming from with regards to the useless pile of goodies!!

I have fine, flat limp hair that was cut to jaw length and when I bought it I desperately wanted my hair to grow to at least shoulder length so I could at least tie it back or pin it up. (Living in Florida doesn't help).

The MT is cheaper than Ovation and it states on the bottle it is suitable for human use. I take Biotin super potency vitamins, MSM and Vit C and use the the MT at least twice a week as a treatment before I shampoo. My hair has grown at a fantastic rate and the condition is superb and my nails grow like crazy (and strong). Whether the result is due to MT or the vitamins I can't honestly say. The MT contains mucopolysaccharides which was an ingredient in Redken's Glyprogenic range of hair products for fine hair many years ago - I used to be a technical consultant and I believe it's those ingredients that offer some root lift and makes hair less flat-to-the-head look.

I bought a bottle of MT last Nov and am still using it. As far as an alternative use for it goes I have (reluctantly) used it to tease out tangles in our Shelties fur which works wonders!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |