Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Obagi and social life
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Part of the reason I am always on here is because my skin is all over the place with Obagi so I am always at home! Uhhhh.... I havent gone clubbing with friends in ages since my skin is in various stages of peeling and redness. Also there is this guy who wants to hang out... and I keep finding excuses to not hang out, even though I like him, since I dont want to expose my currently unattractive skin to him during the crucial "first impression" period of dating. Sorry if my concerns are random. Can anyone relate? hehe
Oh ya... I started Obagi Nov 17th so im still in the "out with the old" phase Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
You are too young to be staying home! I think that the peeling/flaking, redness, etc. is way worse to those of us going through it than what other people actually see. The last time I went through my 18 weeks, no one ever said a word about my skin, other than the occasional, "your face is red, are you ok?".

So, I say get out there, go clubbing, go hang out with the guy you like, and have fun! Very Happy
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I feel the same way. I just completed week 9. I don't even want my husband to look at me, especially in the am when I really start peeling!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Well I thought I would stay at home for the 6 weeks but its harder than I thought it would be. I have of course been out for shopping, groceries, etc (I am on vacation right now so I dont have to deal with work). I have noticed a few people starring at my face so i guess that made me self conscious. Of course no pain no gain. When people at work ask about my skin I dont know what ill say. Did you guys explain about the whole Obagi thing to people? Its kind of too much information right? Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
If your co-workers are open about skin care, then you might as well be honest about what you are doing. Or, you could just say you have started a new skin care program and your skin is adjusting.

Are you still peeling lots, tsjmom, after ending week 9?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I can sure sympathize with you....when I was using Obagi I had no idea what to expect, and I wasn't able to get past the peeling stage cuz no one told me how to deal with it! The MD's office just told me to stick it out and use the products in such&such a way and it would get better....but they weren't much help in the nittygritty dept of HOW to deal with it.

I felt like my skin was red leather....that's the way I recall it! Ppl at work just said I looked like I'd been in the sun...or that I had a "glow"....they really didn't notice the horrors that I saw in the mirror! Or they were too tactful anyway to say anything....

When I had a procedure done recently on my face, I had to go out in public before my bruises and swelling had subsided, so even with artful concealers, sunglasses and mufflers, I felt "exposed". I can tell you, hardly anyone batted an eye.....I thought I looked a fright, but I didn't seem to alarm anyone or frighten the children. People just minded their own business or realized that, Yeah, there's someone who's had some work done....big deal. It's temporary.

Do you think any supplements, like VIt C and MSM, which help the skin turn over and build protein better would help you? A humidifier? Drinking lots of pure water?

Wish I could be of more help in the How-To Dept....but I do understand the self-consciousness!! I guess, also, the older I get, the less I am bothered by the day-to-day stuff while I'm focused on a future end result of more beautiful skin. I guess that doesn't help much, since I know you are just a wee babe. But isn't it great to have a forum where you can get support with any problem like this!! I hope this phase goes by quickly for you and you see beautiful skin soon!!!

***Keep your chins up, Dear!!!**** Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! You are right, its all about the end result. It is worth looking a bit silly for a while. I shouldn't be concerned with peeling or redness, it is temprary anyway. I knew what I was getting into, and If i want perfect skin I have to stick it out. Thanks!
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
By the way I am taking Vit C and drinking lots of water. I really feel vitamin C is important at repairing collagen and improving skin from the inside.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
OK! Some ppl here have started a thread on "Supplements" and if you Search, you'll see it. I personally take MSM 1000 + vit C 1000 (any higher MSM gives me headaches) plus Bio-Sil, another supplement for building hair, skin, nails.

Oh! and watch out for that spoiled chicken! but get some good quality protein. Like sushi maybe? Why bother cooking!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I agree cooking is overrated! Sushi is awesome you inspired me to order that tonight lol.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
nom nom nom....Salmon Crunch Rolls are so nummy! Neat little morsels of protein.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
yummm. I like the spicey tuna rolls with the crunchy tempura bits on them Razz
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |