Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
the problem of acnes.how to eliminate the spot??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
i occasionally have some red pimples on the cheek,and they may leave dark spots that really annoy me .i have no idea how to eliminate the spot.There are quite a lot of acne treatment on web,so it is difficult to make a right choice.i feel hesitated before the description of the products.could anyone give me some advices?
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
You may try ScarZone.It works for me. Very Happy
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Try a glyclic acid product OR Retin A. Both will increase cell turnover and slough off the old red marks. In a couple months they should be mostly gone. Using both might cause too much irritation. Both products also help with the acne too!
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
Try a glyclic acid product OR Retin A. Both will increase cell turnover and slough off the old red marks. In a couple months they should be mostly gone. Using both might cause too much irritation. Both products also help with the acne too!

thanks.can i just apply it on the mark?
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
WinnieHo wrote:
You may try ScarZone.It works for me. Very Happy

Smile but i cannot find such product on EDS.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A is by prescription only. There are many products on EDS that contain glycolic acid, you can do a search using the search function. There are too many to mention!

These are not spot treatments. You would apply this at night all over your face. For spot treatments you might want to use salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide products.
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
Retin A is by prescription only. There are many products on EDS that contain glycolic acid, you can do a search using the search function. There are too many to mention!

These are not spot treatments. You would apply this at night all over your face. For spot treatments you might want to use salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide products.

but you know,i just now and then have two or three spots and a few marks left on my face.The products that contain glycolic acid do have strong effect of exfoliating.I have tried the pigment lightening gel of Neostrata all over my face.Its performance didn't fail to my expectation, leaving my skin smooth,clean but at the same time more sensentive.I doubt wether this kind of product would destroy the balance of our skin if we use it for a long time.
-cuddlin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I guess you may have a try on the L'occitane Lavender Vinegar.

It is a natural spot treatment for blemishes. Enriched with A.O.C. Lavender essential oil, a natural astringent, this concentrated vinegar will clean and tighten pores, while perfecting skin.

Use sparingly with a cotton swab directly on imperfections.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
samuelfrzk wrote:
amonavis wrote:

but you know,i just now and then have two or three spots and a few marks left on my face.The products that contain glycolic acid do have strong effect of exfoliating.I have tried the pigment lightening gel of Neostrata all over my face.Its performance didn't fail to my expectation, leaving my skin smooth,clean but at the same time more sensentive.I doubt wether this kind of product would destroy the balance of our skin if we use it for a long time.

Well it depends how old you are and what your goals for your skin are... if you just get the occasional bump but you love your skin otherwise, then spot treatment is fine. If spot treatment is not working anymore and you have other issues, you need a different approach.
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your recommendation.it seems I should take extreme caution the first time when the acne appears and prevent the mark.
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well it depends how old you are and what your goals for your skin are... if you just get the occasional bump but you love your skin otherwise, then spot treatment is fine. If spot treatment is not working anymore and you have other issues, you need a different approach.[/quote]

thanks for giving me some good advices:) I should try the spot treatment first.
tuna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
anyone used acne products of mario badescu? I heard its drying lotion and buffering lotion are quite effective, any suggestion here?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
tuna wrote:
anyone used acne products of mario badescu? I heard its drying lotion and buffering lotion are quite effective, any suggestion here?

I used the buffering lotion. It was hit and miss. Sometimes it helped speed up cystic acne and other times the pimple wouldn't budge. I had to be careful not to put it on too frequently because when I did, my skin overreacted and acne got worse.

On the recommendation of others on this board, I am now trying Nano Cyclic cleanser (pink). It's been 3 days. It's too early to tell about the cystic acne along my jawline, but I am seeing my acne scars peel off more quickly. I have high hopes for this product because the product can actually go deep into your pores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
tuna wrote:

I used the buffering lotion. It was hit and miss. Sometimes it helped speed up cystic acne and other times the pimple wouldn't budge. I had to be careful not to put it on too frequently because when I did, my skin overreacted and acne got worse.

On the recommendation of others on this board, I am now trying Nano Cyclic cleanser (pink). It's been 3 days. It's too early to tell about the cystic acne along my jawline, but I am seeing my acne scars peel off more quickly. I have high hopes for this product because the product can actually go deep into your pores.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Do you mean the pink cleanser soap? i read an introduction online, it's pretty attractive...

Cyclic Cleanser is a scientifically balanced blend of Nano Silver and natural ingredients. By penetrating into pores, Cyclic’s special formula cleanses deep into the skin’s surface.

Nano Cyclic Cleanser Pink contains an extra collagen concentration that is ideal for normal skin types.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
You could try MaMa Lotion. I had originally bought it for pigmentation, but then had such good results with NIA24 that I didn't need to use it. I recently had a bad breakout on my forehead (still trying to figure out from what) that is still clearing up and has left alot of red bumps and scars. I've been thinking of trying the MaMa Lotion to see if that works. It's supposed to work for acne scars also, but as a warning it does sting for a few seconds as it dries on your skin. Here is the link for it on EDS but you should also check out their web site. They have some good before and after photos.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/mama-lotion-p_7449.htm
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |