Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Hydrating Mists
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Can you tell me if they are necessary? what are the benefits.....iv seen a few on EDS and wondering if i should get one....as my skin is a lil on the dry side during the day...so i think this might help

* which one (brand) do you use and why?
* DO you use on top of your MMU? wouldnt that * ruin your MMU?.
* Do you use them during the day? Again wont that affect your MMU?
* Do you think this is just an extra product not really needed and all hype? Confused

thanks for any advice Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Never tried over makeup. I normally spray over my face in the afternoon to relieve high heat and dehydration in the office. Helps a bit for this purpose. At least it's cooling and soothing.
For serious hydration, I'd use cotton pads soaked in sprays and use as a mask.
But mostly, I choose them according to some additional benefits. e.g. Avene is soothing and calms sensitive skin. LPR contains antioxidants. So I use these as toners as a first step.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it is necessary.......
The mist only helps cooling and soothing, cannot keep you face moisted for a long time.
dpenn
5% products discount

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I was advised recently to try Avene's mist for some retinol irritation I had on my face. I wasn't about to spend $20 or whatever on a bottle of water, so I just spritzed it on everytime I walked by a drugstore. Not sure if it did anything directly, or if it was just time, but the irritation has faded significantly!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I tried them in the past, but they didn't do anything for my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jurlique Rosewater Freshener and use it as a toner after cleansing and then after I apply my Mineral Make Up. I have also tried Juice Beauty Mist but don't like that one as much and I really want to try Yonka's lotion for normal/dry skin.

I have also ordered from EDS the PSF R&R Mist so hoping that this one is great too.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use Zenbiotic's Phyto Moisture Spray and I LOVE IT. It's different from normal sprays which are usually just toners or waters--- this one is an actual hydrator and it works wonders. I spray it over my MMU all the time and it never ruins my MMU, it just makes my skin more glowy. It's esp. nice for the time when my skin is looking a little dry or peely after I apply my MMU--- a quick spritz totally banishes the flakes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
for me ,it's not necessary.but it could calm you skin,and may be it could keep your makeup.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the reply.....i dont think this would help too much with the dryness now....maybe i shud just invest in a toner like rosewater......here i wana cut down my products......and i keep thinking of new ones that can help Confused Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
may i recommend you the Decleor Fresh Hydrating Mist?

it's not just "water",actually it's a mist with Essential Oils and Essential Waters, i really love this item.
saver
5% products discount

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use mist over MMU. Especially if you layer foundation for more coverage and/or if you have very dry skin, it makes the madeup face looks dewey and natural instead of powdery and obviously madeup.

Just make sure it's a very fine mist like the one that comes out of a pressurized can like Avene or Evian. I like using Ecco Bella anti-oxidant spray because of the anti-oxidants and other good-for-your-skin ingredients and its spray nozzle delivers a fine mist instead of droplets of water.
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
tuna wrote:

it's not just "water",actually it's a mist with Essential Oils and Essential Waters, i really love this item.

I have just ordered two bottles of this mist.I hope they dont fail to my expectation.
tuna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:24 am      Reply with quote
samuelfrzk wrote:
tuna wrote:

I have just ordered two bottles of this mist.I hope they dont fail to my expectation.

Laughing hope so, otherwise, I'll feel guilty
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Many hydrating mists are formulated with water soluble emollients, aloe, and other non-volatile actives that really work wonders for the skin. Unlike essential oils which will evaporate and flash off, these emollients will remain on the skin for a functional effect.

Can anyone tell me what "essential water" is by definition, and how it could be different from, water? I've never heard of it before. What is the INCI name for this product on the ingredients list?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
thanks for the reply.....i dont think this would help too much with the dryness now....maybe i shud just invest in a toner like rosewater......here i wana cut down my products......and i keep thinking of new ones that can help Confused Exclamation

I buy Rosewater that is formulated at the pharmacy for AUD$3.50.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
Many hydrating mists are formulated with water soluble emollients, aloe, and other non-volatile actives that really work wonders for the skin. Unlike essential oils which will evaporate and flash off, these emollients will remain on the skin for a functional effect.

Can anyone tell me what "essential water" is by definition, and how it could be different from, water? I've never heard of it before. What is the INCI name for this product on the ingredients list?

Apparently they are Herbal Waters - this is from Widipedia:

Herbal distillate
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Herbal distillates are aqueous solutions or colloidal suspensions (hydrosol) of essential oils usually obtained by steam distillation from aromatic plants. These herbal distillates have uses as flavorings, medicine and in skin care. Herbal distillates go by many other names including floral water, hydrosol, hydrolate, herbal water and essential water.

Herbal distillates are produced in the same manner as essential oils. However, the essential oil will float to the top of the distillate where it is removed, leaving behind the watery distillate. For this reason perhaps the term essential water is more descript. In the past, these essential waters were considered a byproduct of distillation, but now are considered an important co-product. Much of the process of making and using herbal distillates was documented in Grace Firth's 1983 book entitled Secrets of the Still.[1]

The science of distillation is based on the fact that different substances vaporize at different temperature. Unlike other extraction techniques based on solubility of a compound in either water or oil, distillation will separate components regardless of their solubility. The distillate will contain compounds that vaporize at or below the temperature that water boils. The actual chemical components of distillates have not yet been fully identified, but distillate will contain essential oil compounds as well as organic acids. Compounds with a higher vaporization point will remain behind and will include many of the water soluble plant pigments and flavonoids.

Herbal waters contain the beneficial products of essential oils plus more and in a less concentrated, safer form[citation needed]. Besides aromatic chemicals, these distillates also contain many of the plant acids making them skin friendly. With a pH between 5-6 they are great to use as facial toners[citation needed]. Cosmetics and toiletries makers are finding many uses for herbal distillates. They can be used alone as toners or room sprays. Distillates are also used as flavorings and curables.

Because hydrosols are produced at high temperatures and are somewhat acidic, they tend to inhibit bacterial growth. They are not however sterile. They are a fresh product, like milk, and should be kept refrigerated.[2] Small-scale producers of hydrosols must be particularly aware of, and take steps to prevent bacterial contamination.[3]
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Actually, if you apply rosewater mist over mineral makeup it will set it for the day...
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:54 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Actually, if you apply rosewater mist over mineral makeup it will set it for the day...

which rose water mist is that? what brand?

Notch which hydrating mists would u recommend?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it's nescessary. Toner is would be better.
tuna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
actually I think they are also great for hair spray, especially in the morning
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I like using green tea as a face spray/mist, or rosewater, but I really only use it to wake myself up, freshen up, or set my MMU, not for hydration purposes.

I often carry a small green tea spritzer on flights... although on a recent flight with some unruly children I did wonder if mace may have been more useful and refreshing Laughing
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have Avene thermal water, but I seldom use it.It's just water, hydrating effect can not maintain long time. I thought a nice surem hydratant must be much more effective than mist.
Mabsy

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think they are necessary, but I am so used to using one that I keep repurchasing. I usually use one to set my MMU, I find it looks better (less powdery) once I use a facial spritz. Depending on the spritz, I also use it in the AM just to help myself wake up, particularly if it's hot. The Caudalie Beauty Elixir is *fantastic* for that - leaves a refreshing minty feeling.

I think just about the only face spritz that I have really not liked is the Colorescience one. I don't know what is in it, but when I spray it (which as you can figure out, is not often Smile) it literally almost takes my breath away and I find it difficult to breathe for a moment. It's not the smell (which is actually quite pleasant) but I think one of the ingredients in it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a few bottles.But I don't think it is necessary.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I ever used the URIAGE spray, which is so salty and relieve the oily skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |