Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

which lip balm is better for baby or kids?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
which lip balm is better for baby or kids?
innifree
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
that Burt's bees have baby line,natural product.the line have many products that you can choose for your baby:)

there are some other professional brands for baby:NUK PIGEON ....
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I need a good one for kids! My little niece couldn't sleep Saturday night cause she said her lips hurt.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I think this is my third post touting Aquaphor but it really is the best thing you can use for chapped lips. it isn't loaded up with fragrance or chemicals. I use it on my three year old and myself.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I remember Kiehh's has a lip balm for baby, you could check for it.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use vaseline on my little one's lips. It seems to work ... I just need to keep telling him to not lick his lips Very Happy
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
organics shea butter is good for everyone.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:21 am      Reply with quote
meggiequn wrote:
I remember Kiehh's has a lip balm for baby, you could check for it.

I use it myself and it's really great, really gentle and emollient.

http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/baby/baby-lip-balm.htm
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I advise you try to use pure vaseline on kid's lip.
Since vaseline is all natural petroleum product, this would not do harm to the kid's lip (because it has little additive and antiseptic), and it would moisture the lip pretty good.
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Burt's bees .Nice~

5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
kiehl's has lip balm for baby, mild enough to be used on nose and cheeks too. not the best but not bad.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Vaseline ,this is also suitable for children and their paretants.and Kiehh's has a lip balm for baby,you can have a try.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Ecolips is definitely a good choice for babies. It has a texture that's similar to Burt's Bees. But this lip balm is made of organic ingredients which is EDIBLE and SAFE.

So you don't have to worry even if the baby accidentally licks it off... Smile
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
I advise you try to use pure vaseline on kid's lip.
Since vaseline is all natural petroleum product, this would not do harm to the kid's lip (because it has little additive and antiseptic), and it would moisture the lip pretty good.

Hi flyfly

Vaseline isn't actually a natural product in the sense that we would normally define "natural" in the toiletry/beauty world. Vaseline is actually the leftover deposits from crude petroleum oil that sticks the inside of the pipes that the oil flows through. It wasn't used for toiletry purposes at all (merely thrown away) until the workers who used to clear all the sludge from the pipes realised that their hands would get soft from it. Since then, it's been packaged as a skin softner. Since i found that out, i've never used vaseline again!

So, whilst, yes, it does soften skin and whilst it can't actually be legally sold if it's harmful, poisonous or whatever to any degree, i can definetely say that, from my personal point of view, i will not be putting the leftover sludge from crude petroleum oil onto my baby's lips!

I thought i would mention that point - a lot of people automatically assume vaseline is a wonderful natural product. but it's just as quick and easy to use shea butter which IS totally natural and pure. Or, even make your own - it's so easy because you know exactly what goes into it, you can flavour it with your child's favourite fruit or chocolate or whatever and, if you child is old enough, they can watch and/or help you make it - meaning they are more likely to want to use it.

The basic recipe would be a mix of beeswax and a cocoa butter/shea butter/mango butter and maybe an oil - melted together over a bain marie, then flavoured with an oil (must be specifically for use in lip balms) as it's cooling. Et voila!! If you look on the DIY recipes sticky thread, you should find some specific recipes or anybody is welcome to pm me for the recipes that i use.

HTH Very Happy

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Vaseline & Kiehl's.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |