Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
foundation makes my skin look older...........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
tinali0202 wrote:
well .it depends on how u use the foundation stuff.if u donot want the face looks too flat ,u may use two different color foundations. brighten for the T zone ,and bit of dark color srounding the face ,that may help with the basic foundation application. moreover, for the powder progress. i would say ,just a little bit loose poder is fine for the whole face. donot apply too much

by the way, foundation brush is very necessary for the foundation;s aplly, it would give u a very nature look, not like a flat mask
tracy46
5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
for my "aging skin"- I moisturize with neutrogena moisturizer with a 55 SPF. I then put on a primer (monistat chafing gel- lots of raves on MUA) After the primer dryes, I use Revlon colorstay and apply with a brush very lightly in a downward motion. Dab and blend. Then I pat on my concealer in my trouble areas (use the yellow tint). Lastly, I blot a makeup puff in my mineral veil with just enough on it to set my foundation.. It does not settle but helps my foundation to last. This is working really well for me!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have given up on foundation, because the color will make my complexion look sick (have tried many brands). I am now using Clarin base + IPSA loose powder, it is very natural.
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Try ID Bare Minerals. BUT...layer, layer, layer in small increments. Its great stuff, but only if applied correctly. Great for mature skin!
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I think that means the foundation you choose is not suitable for your skin.
I am now using la mer base + EL powder, it looks very natural.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
simran

I haven't started my tube of 75 yet. I'm using spf 50 on neck, face, hands. It lasts forever and it's not greasy on me.

The 50spf has enough zinc oxide that it gives me a pearly, even sheen. (I like it.) When you can see it, I think that's enough to prevent much tanning.
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use GA's LSF, which has a really luminous glow. If you want more coverage, add a few drops of base with shimmer to your fav foundation.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to bump this thread up. I discovered Merle Norman (I know....old lady stuff) Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer. It's fabulous! I think it's more of a light foundation than a TM. Covers uneven areas well without looking masky. Nice satin finish but not greasy-looking. It seems to fill in any tiny lines rather than accentuating them. I am light/medium toned and "Bare" looks very natural on me.

Merle Norman used to be synonymous with blue-haired, purple-veined ladies who wore white gloves, but they've spiffed up their image somewhat. One caveat with shopping at Merle Norman: be sure to ask for samples or bring a small container for them to fill for you since they do not accept returns.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Over my Remergent sunscreen lotion, I've been using Chanel foundation, in a shade slightly darker than I used to buy; I love the way it makes my mature skin look dewy and moist. I finish it off with a light dusting of loose powder that I mixed: To some Estee Lauder powder I added a little Revlon Skin Lights. It doesn't look shiny but just adds healthy highlights.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I use clinique's pore minimizer on nose and sides of nose to erase pores and shine. Then I use philosophy's the supernatural poreless flawless spf 15....just dot it all over your face and spread...1 color works for everyone! Its amazing....gives a light matte look, not heavy and you still have a dewy look ...try it out at the nordstrom's counter first. Sometimes I use a very light dusting of alima mineral powder.....I try to be VERY careful though too much foundation/blush makes you look older.
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I know this forum is all about product but as we age I noticed myself that my foundation was not working the way it did in my twenties. I am using Bobbi Brown. I discovered her foundation after my tried and true Prescriptives foundation was totally out at Bloomingdales. I just use whatever as long as its a color match. My point is that it may not be the product it could be the application. I tried this tip from a professional make up artist and it worked wonders.

1) Make sure that you're face is sufficiently moisurzed before applying any primers. (Most of us are past this I know)
2) If you do not have a Mac 187 Stippling Brush (get one) then use a flat end blush type brush and dampen it (you can use your blush brush too...I did the first time).
3) Apply a dab of foundation on the brush and do your four to five dots on your face (cheek, cheek, forehead, chin, nose). Then in a circular motion, work your foundation onto your face. The circular motion is key. The technique is called "buffing" and your skin will have an almost airbrushed finish.

Before I did this I thought I was just getting old and would never look good in foundation again. WRONG!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!! Laughing

***Note if you have a Stippling brush there is no need to wet it.***

Oh, this also works with concealers!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Try spraying the foundation sponge with avene thermal water spray then squeezing foundation onto it. Use light feather strokes working with the natural direction of hair growth on the face. Finish off with a light dusting of powder. Sounds like you might be applying too much foundation if it has a cakey look. For trouble spots use a concealer and a concealer brush to target just the trouble areas.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |