Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skinceuticals Retinol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Is it any better/ worse to regular retinol, to green cream????

Thanks
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used it, but here are some thread on it that the 'search' brought up that might help for now;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27932&highlight=skinceuticals+retinol

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6680&highlight=skinceuticals+retinol

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5535&highlight=skinceuticals+retinol

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
dpenn
5% products discount

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I went with Skinceuticals. Greencream contains alcohol, which I'm trying to avoid. Both get great reviews all around though.

I did have an issue with the Skinceuticals (.5%), but that was my own foolishness. I used it before I went to bed, and in the morning I used a Neutrogena moisturizer with retinol in it, and ended up with a red face because of it.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I've never used Green cream so I can't compare the two, but I'm very happy with Skinceuticals retinol. I started with the .5%, now I'm using the 1% retinol and my skin texture has improved so much! Smile
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it every 2nd night, so far it hasn't upset my very sensitive skin. On the other hand I don't know if have seen any visible change since using retinol....
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
How long have you been using it cawl?
For most people it will take several months before you see improvements.
If you've been using it for a very long time without getting results, maybe you could try low strenght retin a? Smile
Amira
5% products discount

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used green cream but I really love SC retinol .5% and use it for two nights, take the third night off. I use it all over my face, except my forhehead (I use .025 retin-A there). I've been using it for about 8 months now and have no plans of moving up to the .1 for now. It does make a difference, but it will take a long time. To put it mildly, I'm seeing the benefits NOW and I started using like in March of this year (with a month break because of vacation in the tropics).

It actually leaves my face with a velvety matte texture so I don't even need make-up if I'm heading out somewhere at night. It is a little irritating at first so you want to use it one day, take two off, for a couple of weeks. Then switch to every other night, then adjust as you see fit. My sister, for example, started using it every night when she bought it, but her skin irritates less than mine.
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31 wrote:
Is it any better/ worse to regular retinol, to green cream????

Thanks

I never tried Green Cream, so cannot compare. But I have used SkinCeuticals Retinol .5 and LOVE it. It does create a lovely texture and, oddly enough, is quite calming to my skin.

Since that worked so well, I tried the 1.0 version of this. It about ate my face off! .5 good. 1.0 not so good for me. Too strong.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Retinol is sensitive to light. So u need to apply it before you sleep.
When its expose to light, it's as good as nothing..

Mine is a medicated gel 0.025%

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the skinceuticals 1 for about 3 months no major problems but no major improvements either. I've been thinking about trying Green Cream too. I need something really strong, as I wish I could find something "that would about eat my face off" without having to go through a Dr to get retinA.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Green Cream. I found it very drying and it made my skin sensitve when it previously was not. I quit GC and switched to Avene Retrinal which I love. But I may try the Skinceuticals Retinol next, based on the recs here.
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
averygsmom wrote:
I've been using the skinceuticals 1 for about 3 months no major problems but no major improvements either. I've been thinking about trying Green Cream too. I need something really strong, as I wish I could find something "that would about eat my face off" without having to go through a Dr to get retinA.

Then try the SkinCeuticals 1.0 version. It is significantly stronger than the .5 and might seem strong.

Alternatively, you can order Retin-A online. I recommend seeing a derm first if possible, but lots order online from offshore pharmacies instead of going through a doctor.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Starriest:
I am actually using the 1.0 now and still my tough skin sees no peeling. Do you ever worry about quality or freshness of ordering Retin A offshore or online. Maybe I am being silly but I always worry about getting old stock or blackmarket products that may be tainted, how everyone's experience with ordering presciption retin A online been okay?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I suspect you're more likely to get old stock at your local pharmacy, where they probably have less turnover than at a large off shore pharmacy.

As to the safety and quality of offshore manufactured products, most of them appear to be from Indian manufacturers, regardless of where the offshore pharmacy is located. The Indian pharmaceutical industry has a very good reputation for quality and quality control. In fact, they now make the majority of generic drugs prescribed in the US, so if you have ever taken a generic prescription drug, chances are you have taken an Indian manufacured drug.

Seems to me that the biggest issue in ordering Retin A online is that you may have less information about the carrier for the active ingredient. For example, Renova is in a creamier base compared to some other formulations which are more drying, so you might pick (or avoid) Renova on that basis. If you order a generic, there's usually less upfront information about the non-active ingredients, which you don't see until you get the package and see all of the ingredients.
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
averygsmom wrote:
Starriest:
I am actually using the 1.0 now and still my tough skin sees no peeling. Do you ever worry about quality or freshness of ordering Retin A offshore or online. Maybe I am being silly but I always worry about getting old stock or blackmarket products that may be tainted, how everyone's experience with ordering presciption retin A online been okay?

I have ordered offshore from All Day Chemist in India and In House Pharmacy out in the Pacific somewhere.

In both cases, the Retin A was produced by a division of Johnson & Johnson, one in India and the other in New Zealand. From In House Pharmacy you can get the brand name Retin-A which is still under patent, I believe.

Same with the Lumigan: the brand name Allergan product, not a generic, just made in an Allergan plant not in the US. Ditto for Premarin cream: Made by Wyeth in England.

So I have no concerns about these. Expiration dates or dates of manufacture are on all.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Starriest! Do you have links for these sites or can I find them by a search?
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
averygsmom wrote:
Thanks Starriest! Do you have links for these sites or can I find them by a search?

In House Pharmacy is here:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/

All Day Chemist is here:

http://www.alldaychemist.com/
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
OK, this is kind of off the original subject, so I hope I don't get in trouble but...For anyone who is reading this thread and saw the links Starriest posted for buying Retin A overseas, I have to tell everyone what a great value these sites offer. I just got RetinA .1% delivered to my door (in the US) for $37! I am floored by the fact that this same tube would cost you over $100 at a pharmacy here and just had to share this. Thanks again Starriest!!!!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
averygsmom wrote:
OK, this is kind of off the original subject, so I hope I don't get in trouble but...For anyone who is reading this thread and saw the links Starriest posted for buying Retin A overseas, I have to tell everyone what a great value these sites offer. I just got RetinA .1% delivered to my door (in the US) for $37! I am floored by the fact that this same tube would cost you over $100 at a pharmacy here and just had to share this. Thanks again Starriest!!!!

Where did you order it from? I am very interested.
havana8

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
averygsmom wrote:

Look at the post two above yours... Wink
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
kdd2411 wrote:
averygsmom wrote:

Look at the post two above yours... Wink

Thanks! I need to pay more attention Smile.
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
i have the retinol cream - i dont see any effects. rather than that i just switched to IS clinical. seem to see results after 3 wks!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:36 am      Reply with quote
bunnie wrote:
i have the retinol cream - i dont see any effects. rather than that i just switched to IS clinical. seem to see results after 3 wks!

Which IS Clinical product did you switch to?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals are expensive! u should only try it after you;re 30,40+
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Skinceuticals are expensive! u should only try it after you;re 30,40+

If you look on Ebay for sealed items you can get them at a good price.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |