Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)
2009/10 Weightloss Support Thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks...I'm going to need it!

You are tough, you can do anything for 90 seconds!! Very Happy

And I think it's great that you're doing it with a co-worker! I really think it helps to keep you motivated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Level 1 consists of only TWO exercises....the Wall Sit and the Plank (with your arms straight up like you have fully risen from a push up). Hold both for 90 seconds each.

I am starting tomorrow. Shock Embarassed Shock

Ok, report!! How did your workout go, Bethany? Very Happy
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
I also ordered "The 90-Second Fitness Solution: The Most Time-Efficient Workout Ever for a Healthier, Stronger, Younger You." (It really takes 15 mins per day) Surely I can do that???

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1416566481/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

This is a very interesting book!

Level 1 consists of only TWO exercises....the Wall Sit and the Plank (with your arms straight up like you have fully risen from a push up). Hold both for 90 seconds each.

One of my co-workers and I are going to do them together each day at lunch (even though I am in FL and she is in TX) and listen to each other moan and groan over the speaker phone. Very Happy

This DOES look interesting and the reviews on Amazon intrigued me. I just went ahead and ordered it for my Kindle so I will be moaning and groaning right along with you, Bethany!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ok, report!! How did your workout go, Bethany? Very Happy

WAY harder than I thought!!! Confused I recovered today, and am starting back up tomorrow. I even vacuumed and straightened up my exercise/junk/cat room today so I would have more "space" to torture myself. Laughing

nadjazz wrote:
And I think it's great that you're doing it with a co-worker! I really think it helps to keep you motivated.

I am going to need ALL the help I can get, sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
I also ordered "The 90-Second Fitness Solution: The Most Time-Efficient Workout Ever for a Healthier, Stronger, Younger You." (It really takes 15 mins per day) Surely I can do that???

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1416566481/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

This is a very interesting book!

One of my co-workers and I are going to do them together each day at lunch (even though I am in FL and she is in TX) and listen to each other moan and groan over the speaker phone. Very Happy

This DOES look interesting and the reviews on Amazon intrigued me. I just went ahead and ordered it for my Kindle so I will be moaning and groaning right along with you, Bethany!

I really enjoyed the book...he is a very entertaining writer, and there were some good eating tips in there as well. Let me know what you think!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Diet update: I haven't really been sticking to anything specific lately, but have been cutting down gradually on processed foods, etc. And even the Diet Coke, though I am not off the sauce completely yet.

But I had chinese on Friday night (shrimp egg foo yung) and even though I only ate half I still felt very "heavy" if any anyone can relate to that...I have noticed that eating more plain foods seems to make me feel better. I never really paid attention to that in the past, so it was rather insightful for me. I might actually be moving toward that "lifetsyle change" that is so necessary! Shock

BTW, I added Suzy Cohen "America's Most Trusted Pharmacist" as a friend on Facebook, and have learned some very interesting tips on water purification, avoiding dairy (and why), etc... Definitely a good person to follow.

Quote:
Suzy Cohen, R.Ph., has been a licensed pharmacist for nearly 20 years. While understanding the importance of medications, she prefers to think outside the pillbox for treatment solutions.

Recognized as “America’s Most Trusted Pharmacist,” Dr. Cohen has been reaching readers with her weekly syndicated health column for the past 10 years. She is the author of The 24-Hour Pharmacist (Collins, 2007) and Drug Muggers: How to Keep Your Medicine from Stealing the Life Out of You (Dear Pharmacist Inc., 2008). Dr. Cohen has also appeared on FOX, ABC, CBS and CNN.

Dr. Cohen is a graduate of the University of Florida and a member of the American Holistic Health Association, The Institute of Functional Medicine, Florida Pharmacy Association, National Association of Newspaper Columnists and the Association of Natural Medicine Pharmacists.

Visit http://dearpharmacist.com to learn more about Suzy Cohen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Diet update: I haven't really been sticking to anything specific lately, but have been cutting down gradually on processed foods, etc. And even the Diet Coke, though I am not off the sauce completely yet.

Good for you! You are going in the right direction.

bethany wrote:
But I had chinese on Friday night (shrimp egg foo yung) and even though I only ate half I still felt very "heavy" if any anyone can relate to that...I have noticed that eating more plain foods seems to make me feel better. I never really paid attention to that in the past, so it was rather insightful for me. I might actually be moving toward that "lifetsyle change" that is so necessary! Shock
Yup, it sure sounds like it! That's exactly what the detox plan does for me. mmm...shrimp egg foo yung sounds so yummy!

bethany wrote:

BTW, I added Suzy Cohen "America's Most Trusted Pharmacist" as a friend on Facebook, and have learned some very interesting tips on water purification, avoiding dairy (and why), etc... Definitely a good person to follow.
Added her! Looking forward to learning more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

WAY harder than I thought!!! Confused I recovered today, and am starting back up tomorrow. I even vacuumed and straightened up my exercise/junk/cat room today so I would have more "space" to torture myself. Laughing

That's great on getting your "torture" space set up! I bet the exercises will seem easier to you in no time. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

That's great on getting your "torture" space set up! I bet the exercises will seem easier to you in no time. Very Happy

We did them today, and they are definitely HARD! Shock I was only able to make it 40 secs on the Wall Sit (you shoot for 90 secs), and 50 secs on the Plank. Embarassed My co-worker (who exercises a lot) made it through the 90 secs of the wall sit (with a TON of moaning) and collapsed with me at 50 on the plank.

But the book said that most beginners drop at 20-30 secs, so I didn't feel too bad. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

We did them today, and they are definitely HARD! Shock I was only able to make it 40 secs on the Wall Sit (you shoot for 90 secs), and 50 secs on the Plank. Embarassed My co-worker (who exercises a lot) made it through the 90 secs of the wall sit (with a TON of moaning) and collapsed with me at 50 on the plank.

But the book said that most beginners drop at 20-30 secs, so I didn't feel too bad. Very Happy

Girl, that is Excellent!! The holds are very hard to do, so they were great hold times!! Very Happy
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Having tried both of those moves myself, I agree, they are HARD, and those are excellent times. Keep it up, bethany! I've been avoiding both moves in my workouts, and you have motivated me to give them a try (but not until tomorrow morning, LOL).

Today I started Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. In the beginning, it really takes alot of planning ahead!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

Today I started Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. In the beginning, it really takes alot of planning ahead!

Good luck, Nadine!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Girl, that is Excellent!! The holds are very hard to do, so they were great hold times!! Very Happy

nadjazz wrote:
Having tried both of those moves myself, I agree, they are HARD, and those are excellent times. Keep it up, bethany! I've been avoiding both moves in my workouts, and you have motivated me to give them a try (but not until tomorrow morning, LOL).

I think I wussed out early today, and am going to be tougher on myself tomorrow. But even with that short span of time, I still feel it in my abs 8 hours later! Shock Shock Shock

Nad - good luck with the new diet! I think any new style of eating requires planning up front, sigh. I am trying to get used to having to go to the store all the time...I am not used to buying fresh, unprocessed food, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I am definitely doing better on the phasing out of the Diet Coke...no major headaches this week, so it may be time to reduce my intake even further (I am already down 50%).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl and bethany - Thank you for the good wishes! My first day, I didn't realize that I was trying to adhere to the old guidelines, and I felt hungry and shaky. Then I got online and discovered that beans and dairy are encouraged in phase 1 to reduce headaches, hunger and shakiness. So I feel pretty sorted out now! Since Monday, I have lost 2 lbs.

bethany - I'm so glad you are doing so well with weaning off the DC. I've been thinking about you, and I really think that is key to your long-term success. I also wonder...is it not overwhelming to change eating habits and and kick the habit at the same time? If you had to pick one, I would say get off the DC first. Just a thought. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
rileygirl and bethany - Thank you for the good wishes! My first day, I didn't realize that I was trying to adhere to the old guidelines, and I felt hungry and shaky. Then I got online and discovered that beans and dairy are encouraged in phase 1 to reduce headaches, hunger and shakiness. So I feel pretty sorted out now! Since Monday, I have lost 2 lbs.

Yay for you!! Hungry and shaky are not good feelings, so it's great you got that worked out AND lost weight! I just picked up some black beans myself to start including on my salads instead of the nitrate-laden deli turkey. (Of course my cats will be crushed...they LIVE for eating that turkey every day, and come running as soon as I walk back in the house with the white box from the deli)

nadjazz wrote:
bethany - I'm so glad you are doing so well with weaning off the DC. I've been thinking about you, and I really think that is key to your long-term success. I also wonder...is it not overwhelming to change eating habits and and kick the habit at the same time? If you had to pick one, I would say get off the DC first. Just a thought. Rolling Eyes

I think you are 100% right, and I definitely appreciate you thinking about me. Smile

It is indeed overwhelming to tackle the food, wean off DC, and add some exercise...that equals a total change for me! Shock Laughing Plus I am off my thyroid meds, which is really increasing my fatigue. But all of that is why I am being more flexible with my diet at the moment (though eating better foods) and not going gung ho on a full scale exercise plan.

All in all, the approach appears to be working...I am down 50% on the DC intake, definitely eating better, and was able to hit 90 secs on both my exercises today. I need to weigh myself, but I suspect I am down at least a couple of pounds already. (I'll weigh myself in the morning)

Next week I am pushing myself a bit harder...I am going to try and eliminate the DC completely Shock and add some new exercises from the 90 sec book. I am also going to make sure I am drinking my green drink every day since I'm not as consistent as I should be right now.

I even have my cats on better diets now, lol....they are eating grain-free Wellness Core now. Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Still haven't weighed myself, but the clean-eating is going great. Here's a pic of Onyx enjoying my spring mix/spinach/black bean/garlic/sunflower seed/chia seed salad.

I am now addicted to black beans with tons of minced garlic...good thing I live alone! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and those 90 sec exercises are kicking my butt! And thighs, and arms, and back, and....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, bethany, it sounds like you are getting it all sorted out at once! I'm happy it's working for you. That's such a cute pic of Onyx, and that salad looks/sounds so much like what I am eating. I've learned to love black beans, too. I'm putting them in my omelettes every morning.

My favorite way of eating the black beans, though, is to mix them with some hot fresh salsa. Onions and beans...what a winning combination. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Wow, bethany, it sounds like you are getting it all sorted out at once! I'm happy it's working for you. That's such a cute pic of Onyx, and that salad looks/sounds so much like what I am eating. I've learned to love black beans, too. I'm putting them in my omelettes every morning.

My favorite way of eating the black beans, though, is to mix them with some hot fresh salsa. Onions and beans...what a winning combination. Embarassed

I will have to try the bean/salsa mix! The 90 Sec Fitness book also really emphasizes real food, and he suggests LOTS of avocado...I am going to try making a veggie dip with avocado and salsa.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm. I have been itching all over like crazy this week, and guess what the only major change in my diet has been? Garlic!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Hmmm. I have been itching all over like crazy this week, and guess what the only major change in my diet has been? Garlic!!

Oh, no! Do you think you are allergic or maybe just too much of a good thing?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Wow, how unusual! I hope it's just too much of a good thing, and not an allergy.

I just joined Spark People, and wow, what a great site! They have alot of great tracking tools (calories, nutrition, cardio, strength training) and wonderful support in the South Beach forum. One of the features I really like is the ability to "share" my food tracker so other members of the SB forum can review it and offer advice. And it’s FREE!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

I have a new problem, though...I'm actually having trouble taking in enough calories! Normally, you're encouraged to have three meals and two snacks. I'm having trouble finishing my meals, so I save the leftovers and have frequent snacks. The end result is six mini-meals a day. Yesterday, though, I could only stomach 700 calories. That really concerns me, because I know if you go too low, your body will react by slowing down the metabolism. Today, I’m going to really try hard to eat my allowed foods, but get the calorie count up to at least 1400.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
As you know from my post above, I am an active member of the popular healthy-living website, SparkPeople.com. In an effort to help SparkPeople live out their mission of helping millions of people reach their goals and live healthier lives, I have joined a contest they're holding called "The Spark Free Chapter Challenge." If you have one minute to spare, I could use your help, because I REALLY want to win!

So here's the deal with the challenge…

Chris Downie, SparkPeople's CEO and founder, recently published a book called "The Spark" that offers a proven new approach to improving your health, transforming your life and reaching your goals (for example, real people have lost over 10 million pounds using their free online program)!

People like me who are helping them "Spread The Spark" through The Spark Free Chapter Challenge are encouraging our friends and family to download a FREE chapter of "The Spark" book. And for every person I can encourage to download the chapter, I will get an additional chance to win a $500 weekend getaway and other prizes, as well as something they offer called "SparkPoints," which also help motivate me to reach my goals.

All you have to do to help is download a free chapter from The Spark book. Nothing else. To do so, simply go to http://book.sparkpeople.com/book.asp?u=NADJAZZ
and click the button to download your free chapter.

If you would be willing to help me with this, I would truly appreciate it, and I also think you will enjoy reading this free chapter from "The Spark".

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I have a new problem, though...I'm actually having trouble taking in enough calories! Normally, you're encouraged to have three meals and two snacks. I'm having trouble finishing my meals, so I save the leftovers and have frequent snacks. The end result is six mini-meals a day. Yesterday, though, I could only stomach 700 calories. That really concerns me, because I know if you go too low, your body will react by slowing down the metabolism. Today, I’m going to really try hard to eat my allowed foods, but get the calorie count up to at least 1400.

I have had the same problem in the past, and it is harder than people realize!

My bottom line is 1,000 cals, though I try to stay between 1,200 and 1,400.

The key is to focus some of your intake on calorie dense foods, like avocado, brazil nuts, etc. They are higher in fat (but good fats!) which will get you to the required caloric intake.

Thu May 16, 2024 8:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |