Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

2009/10 Weightloss Support Thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Thanks...now I just have to conquer the Diet Coke monster! Embarassed Confused Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Maybe it's better not to conquer it? It seems like you're always fighting it. Maybe it would be bettere to accept it and just have a diet coke or two a day?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Yum! I'm envisioning black beans mixed with salsa, and some guac or just plain sliced avocado on top.

Nimue, I'm doing side planks as part of my P90X routine. Although they are still covered with layers of fat, I'm getting strong abs and obliques! Rolling Eyes

Two weeks left to contest end, and I have lost a total of 14 lbs. My goal was 20. I'm trying to stay positive, but losing 3 lbs/week is going to be tough! Sad

I definitely haven't been losing weight. (My BMI is on the upper end of the "healthy" range) Anyway, it's really hard, almost impossible for me to lose weight while exercising a lot. This is weird, but for me to lose weight I have to exercise *less*, but only after a period of exercising *more*. But generally I try not to worry about the weight. I've actually gained weight since January 1'st.

Typically this is my cycle: in the late winter and spring, I exercise a lot and don't lose weight. During summer, I exercise less and that's when I lose weight. During fall and early winter, I slowly gain back the weight I lost over the summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks...now I just have to conquer the Diet Coke monster! Embarassed Confused Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Maybe it's better not to conquer it? It seems like you're always fighting it. Maybe it would be bettere to accept it and just have a diet coke or two a day?

You may be right, but the more I read the more I am convinced that it is not helping me.

Baby steps I suppose...I have made a lot of strides in other areas, and I just need to keep moving in that direction. Being realistic, I know I am not really willing to give it up until I start feeling better....the fatigue is just too bad right now. Maybe I can revisit the No DC goal afetr my new thyroid meds kick in(once they arrive, that is!).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, what thyroid meds are you on. I am on Synthroid. I am telling you how hard it is to lose weight.

I work out and watch everything I eat. Just hard especially with being hypothyroid.

I gained 5 pounds over the winter holiday and can not seem to lose it. So Frustrating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Bethany, what thyroid meds are you on. I am on Synthroid. I am telling you how hard it is to lose weight.

I work out and watch everything I eat. Just hard especially with being hypothyroid.

I gained 5 pounds over the winter holiday and can not seem to lose it. So Frustrating.

I was on Armor, which is a natural thyroid drug that increases both T3 and T4, but it is not available at pharmacies due to some FDA issue right now. So my doctor just put me on the natural thyroid med that is approved in Canada - it is called ERFA. I haven't received it yet, so I have no idea if it works or not. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:

You may be right, but the more I read the more I am convinced that it is not helping me.

Baby steps I suppose...

Bethany, how about you start watering down your Coke? First you add only a couple of spoonfuls of water, and then you slowly move to adding more. Perhaps you can star adding some lemon to it as well. Hopefully, after few months you end up drinking lemon water, which would be actually be very healthy.
Good luck! Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
bethany wrote:
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:

Baby steps I suppose...

Bethany, how about you start watering down your Coke? First you add only a couple of spoonfuls of water, and then you slowly move to adding more. Perhaps you can star adding some lemon to it as well. Hopefully, after few months you end up drinking lemon water, which would be actually be very healthy.
Good luck! Smile

That's a great idea, plus I won't feel so deprived! I'll start that tomorrow and see how it goes...THANKS!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, this thread has been quiet for a while! Well, my contest is over. I lost a total of 17 lbs in 12 weeks. Whoo hoo! I came in 3rd place. Since the contest ended, I have gained back 3. Now I need to find new ways to stay motivated!

Work is kicking my butt right now, so I'm exhausted and allowing myself some slack. Next week, though...I gotta get back on the program!

How is every one else doing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

I was on Armor, which is a natural thyroid drug that increases both T3 and T4, but it is not available at pharmacies due to some FDA issue right now. So my doctor just put me on the natural thyroid med that is approved in Canada - it is called ERFA. I haven't received it yet, so I have no idea if it works or not. Confused

I take EFRA and it works fine. I wasn't on Armor so I can't tell you whether it's going to be the same or not. My doctor has a lot of people on EFRA and they have done fine! I hope it works out for you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
bethany wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

I take EFRA and it works fine. I wasn't on Armor so I can't tell you whether it's going to be the same or not. My doctor has a lot of people on EFRA and they have done fine! I hope it works out for you!

Mine still hasn't showed up, so they just resent it. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
bethany wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

I ordered mine from the Canada medicine shop and both times I received it in a week. They did tell me it can take up to 3 weeks because they have to fill the order from a pharmacy.

I hope it gets to you soon!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Wow, this thread has been quiet for a while! Well, my contest is over. I lost a total of 17 lbs in 12 weeks. Whoo hoo! I came in 3rd place. Since the contest ended, I have gained back 3. Now I need to find new ways to stay motivated!

Work is kicking my butt right now, so I'm exhausted and allowing myself some slack. Next week, though...I gotta get back on the program!

Congratulations. 17 lbs is Awesome!! I have lost a total of 7 and am now 10 lbs from my goal, but I have hit a plateau where I am just maintaining right now. I am still slacking in the exercise department and need to get my rump moving!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
[quote="rileygirl"]
nadjazz wrote:

Congratulations. 17 lbs is Awesome!! I have lost a total of 7 and am now 10 lbs from my goal, but I have hit a plateau where I am just maintaining right now. I am still slacking in the exercise department and need to get my rump moving![/quote

Nadjazz and Rileygirl,
Way to go!! I honestly need to lose about 20 pounds (have lost 6 so far) but my motivation just comes and goes. Summer is at my heels and I know I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't kick it up a notch!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Nadjazz and Rileygirl,
Way to go!! I honestly need to lose about 20 pounds (have lost 6 so far) but my motivation just comes and goes. Summer is at my heels and I know I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't kick it up a notch!

I usually am disappointed in myself every year! You can do it, kims. That is great that you have already lost 6 lbs!!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl and kims - thank you for the encouraging words! Good for both you on your weight loss. Keep on truckin', ladies!

In general, I'm a procrastinator, waiting until a deadline is looming to get things done. Like, working on federal taxes at 11 pm on Apr 14. Shock

Apparently this attitude applies to weight loss, too! Since the contest ended, my motivation is really waning. The only thing that keeps me getting on the TreadClimber is being able to watch Dexter! That's the rule in our household...certain DVDs can only be viewed while working out, and I am HOOKED on Dexter.

Anyhoo, I tried setting some new goals on Sparkpeople, thinking that would re-motivate me. Not working! So maybe I'll try setting deadlines for those goals. Apparently I need some pressure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
bethany wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
bethany wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

I ordered mine from the Canada medicine shop and both times I received it in a week. They did tell me it can take up to 3 weeks because they have to fill the order from a pharmacy.

SCJ, did you need an Rx for yours?

BTW, mine arrived today!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Any weightloss was purely a fantasy until it arrived, so I am starting to take it today and then kicking off a hardcore diet on Monday (5/3). I am shooting to get rid of the DC then too.

Anyone want to join me???

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
bethany wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
bethany wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

SCJ, did you need an Rx for yours?

BTW, mine arrived today!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Any weightloss was purely a fantasy until it arrived, so I am starting to take it today and then kicking off a hardcore diet on Monday (5/3). I am shooting to get rid of the DC then too.

I'm really glad you got your medication! I did need an RX to get mine. Let me know how it works out for you.

Have you heard about compounded pharmacies? They'll made you Armour Thyroid. My doctor said the problem is different pharmacies use different fillers so you never know what your getting.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am still plugging along. I have plateaued for the moment, but hopefully the weight will start dropping again soon. So, I'm in the weight loss game with you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am still plugging along. I have plateaued for the moment, but hopefully the weight will start dropping again soon. So, I'm in the weight loss game with you!

Yay!!! I am weighing in on Monday...UGH.

But I did cut back my Diet Coke intake some today, sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Have you heard about compounded pharmacies? They'll made you Armour Thyroid. My doctor said the problem is different pharmacies use different fillers so you never know what your getting.

My gyno is also a pharmacist and owns his own compounding pharmacy. But the compounded thyroid meds are about triple the cost of the ERFA each month, so I decided to try the ERFA first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'll join in!

I've just started thyroid meds as well, a generic Armor version (2 meds actually).

I've gained 20 pounds in the last 18 months and cannot fit into my clothes! And I refuse to buy others....

My plan is: back to pilates 2 times per week, weight training 1 time per week, and cardio whenever I can. Trying to stick with whole foods, nothing processed, minimal snacks, and whey protein drinks.

Also..I do not want to lose the weight too quickly, as I've heard that that can be detrimental to skin elasticity.

Hope you will let me join you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
snowymtn wrote:
I'll join in!

I've just started thyroid meds as well, a generic Armor version (2 meds actually).

I've gained 20 pounds in the last 18 months and cannot fit into my clothes! And I refuse to buy others....

My plan is: back to pilates 2 times per week, weight training 1 time per week, and cardio whenever I can. Trying to stick with whole foods, nothing processed, minimal snacks, and whey protein drinks.

Also..I do not want to lose the weight too quickly, as I've heard that that can be detrimental to skin elasticity.

Hope you will let me join you!

Of course you can join us!!! Very Happy

I can totally relate to the 20lbs weight gain (since I went off thyroid meds), and your eating plan sounds like mine...though I have that processed Diet Coke Embarassed and I try to stay low carb.

Now the exercise is another story...I am starting with the treadmill,some stretching. and light weights, since I have fibro and have not been active for a looong time! Oh, and my exercises from the 90 Second fitness book.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I'll join you ladies as well. My situation is somewhat different, as I don't have thyroid problems to blame for my weight gain. I am 45 and perimenopausal, so hormones are definitely a bit wonky, but there are no real excuses for me.
I exercise regularly and I'm pretty fit, and I eat well, but I guess a bit too much. I only have 6-7 lbs to lose, and those have been very difficult to get rid of.
I think I am getting into the stage of life where I just need to eat a lot less than I used to, and that's been hard for me. So, my focus over the next couple of months is going to be more on the diet (food intake, portions, etc), not as much on the exercise. I mean - I'll just continue what I've been doing over the last few months - spinning 2x week + weights 2x week.
Good luck to all of us! Pray Very Happy

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Count me in! I need to get re-motivated. Like rubby, I will be focusing on diet, since I am an emotional eater. I'm perimenopausal also, but will be seeing my BHRT dr next month for my first annual checkup. I am getting out of control lately with sugar consumption and general portion control. I still have about 15 lbs to lose.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Count me in! I need to get re-motivated. Like rubby, I will be focusing on diet, since I am an emotional eater. I'm perimenopausal also, but will be seeing my BHRT dr next month for my first annual checkup. I am getting out of control lately with sugar consumption and general portion control. I still have about 15 lbs to lose.

I'm in the same boat too, nadjazz! My eating habits could use a huge improvement. I mentioned a few posts ago that I lost 6 pounds in about 21/2 weeks mainly because I chose to eat wisely. I haven't weighed in a while, but I'll bet I've gained some of it back!!

Sugar is my downfall too along with Coke Zero and salty snacks. I really need to get this under control! I KNOW I would look and feel so much better if I lost 20 pounds. I'm a petite person so the extra pounds make me look rather "chubby" and "matronly." Boo Hiss -- to both! Mad

Fri May 17, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |