Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
2009/10 Weightloss Support Thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
Thank you for recommending the chia seed. I just picked up a half a lb. I immersed a T. in water and drank it up. Hopefully it will help control my blood sugar level and appetite. How do you use it?

I'm lazy...I just mix mine in water or my green drink. But you can also bake with it, sprinkle on salads, etc.

Here are some recipe links:

http://www.eatchia.com/FreebieRecipes.pdf

http://chiaforhealth.com/chiarecipes.html

http://www.integratedhealth.com/recipes.asp

http://www.purcellmountainfarms.com/Chia%20Seeds.htm

http://www.chiativity.org/recipes/

http://dardreams.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DChia%2BSeed%2BRecipes
http://www.oprah.com/recipe/food/recipesdesserts/food_20080205_muffins

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I like Chia! I made a sort of tapioca pudding with it and milk, vanilla a small amount of sweetener + eggs. Very
good.
L
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Okay this is a bit depressing, but I put 3 pounds back on after a week of overeating. Sad I need to back back on track and eat right! Too many dinners out, too much ice cream and too many cookies = THREE pounds in only a week!
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
maiea. that's too bad. I know I have been there, I'm sure everyone on this thread has.....can you just get back with the program as they say? it does work. lately I am motivated to be able to wear all my clothes and to get a nice new top for spring.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone on here has mentioned it, but has anyone tried the P90X? This dvd set is great! There are 12 cd's total and I have not made it through all of them yet. However, I could see with dedication you will lose weight alone even, if you don't change your eating habits. After the first workout I needed about 2 or 3 days off to recouperate since I was so soar. If anyone is serious about getting in shape I really recommend this.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Also, the more cardio you do, the more you will need to keep doing in order to lose any weight.

Hi Rileygirl, can you please explain more about this? I've been loosely following this thread, and when I read that comment, it totally jumped out at me and freaked me out! Shock Shock I've been *attempting* to do 45-60 mins of cardio everyday, and would lurvve any excuse not to do it! Laughing Laughing Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi, fat_swan. Take a look at this site (figureathlete). There is a ton of info on this site, and the forum there is very informative, as well. If you look into any articles by "wetwolf", he is very informative and you will learn a ton. Here is a recent "thread" about cardio from the site. Let me know what you think!

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_model_body_women_training_beauty_figure_train/the_less_cardio_thread
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't really been following this thread but I am wanting to lose weight this year myself. I was out today and picked up some Pue-rh Tea. It is supposed to help you lose weight by drinking 3 cups a day after meals, apparently Victora Beckham uses it. It claims that if you are on a calorie controlled diet you will lose up to a 1 pound of fat a day. I personally think that is a bit much and anyway I prefer to just eat healthy rather than count calories! Still it might help and I don't see what harm it could do as it is only tea. I'm drinking a cup right now and it is actually very nice! Anyone else tried it? The store also has an anti-aging tea which I might get next time.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a great believer in drinking tea to help get rid of fats. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of pu-erh... I only drink green tea, but I think it really helps.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I drink a lot of tea but normally with milk and 3 sugars!!! I find it to bitter without and I like other herbals teas and green tea but not right after meals. I think that the pue-rh tea will be a good subsitute for the tea with milk and suger I normally drink after eating and so I guess cutting out the calories from that will help. I think the pue-rh is less bitter than green tea actually.

Did you try the pue-rh and if so did it help you with weight loss?
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
No, I've never drank enough puerh tea to see if it did anything. Some green teas are very sweet. Try Japanese "gyokuro" tea. It's my favourite green tea followed by Chinese Jasmine pearls.
hussar01
5% products discount

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello,I'd like to start losing weight and gaining muscle strength as well. I'm 46 and have totally let myself go after I hung in with a dead end relationship that sapped away the last of my youth. Rising up like a phoenix is what I'm doing, all burnt up and used out.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
As I posted before, I started working on toning my muscles (did not need to lose weight, just muscle toning). I mostly concentrated on the lower body, and have achieved good results!!! Very Happy Now I can clearly see six pack on my stomach, it is not like heavy body builders, it has softer look to it, but it is there!!! I need to say that I have naturally flat stomach, and exercises are helping me to sculpt it even further. Other muscles are definitely get toned as well. For a person that did not exercise before, it is quite an accomplishment! Need to keep working in this direction.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
hussar01, welcome! I like that description, like a phoenix rising up. I was once in a relationship similar to what you described. When we finally split, I was so angry that I wasted my prime "hot" years on that idiot! Not that I'm bitter, or anything.... Embarassed

Like maiea, I prefer green tea, plain. Chinese Jasmine pearls are one of my favorites, too! I'm going to have try the gyokuro.

pandora77 - I would like to suggest that if a tea tastes bitter and requires milk and sugar to taste good, it's just bad-tasting tea! You don't have to spend alot of money to find a good-tasting tea, but you do need to experiment. One that is found in the grocery stores in the U.S. is Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy Tea & Herb blend. It's naturally sweet, but contains no sugar. This is a black tea, not green.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, fat_swan. Take a look at this site (figureathlete). There is a ton of info on this site, and the forum there is very informative, as well. If you look into any articles by "wetwolf", he is very informative and you will learn a ton. Here is a recent "thread" about cardio from the site. Let me know what you think!

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_model_body_women_training_beauty_figure_train/the_less_cardio_thread

Hoo boy! I totally forgot about this post and worked out for and hour and half today, so proud of myself! Laughing Ah well, there's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back...

Thank you for the link, Rileygirl. I just took a quick look at the site, and it seems filled with acronyms and fitness jargon that I'm unfamiliar with Rolling Eyes . It will take some time for me to study up before I can figure out what's going on.. But thanks again for the info!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan, it is a great site full of information. Hope you will spend some time there, as there is a lot to learn from that fitness site!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl,
I just started a weightloss challenge with my co-workers, and there is alot of "talking trash" going on! We each put money in a pot, and winner takes all! I think anyone who sticks with it is a winner, but we thought the $$ would make us all feel accountable.

Anyhoo, I'm really glad to read that I can work out efficiently with short cardio workouts. I'll be spending some time on that site. Oh, and the pics are sooo inspiring!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Nadine ; what diet are you in ..Ho many pounds do you need to loose....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
rileygirl,
I just started a weightloss challenge with my co-workers, and there is alot of "talking trash" going on! We each put money in a pot, and winner takes all! I think anyone who sticks with it is a winner, but we thought the $$ would make us all feel accountable.

Anyhoo, I'm really glad to read that I can work out efficiently with short cardio workouts. I'll be spending some time on that site. Oh, and the pics are sooo inspiring!

I agree, the pics are very inspiring. I got lazy and gained some pounds back, but as soon as I go on that site and start reading and looking at the pictures, I am so motivated again! (I like the money in a pot, great incentive! Though you are right, anyone who sticks with it is a winner!).

Good luck on your challenge! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...I am BACK on the wagon. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The last couple of months have not been good at all from a personal standpoint, and I failed miserably at staying on my diet. Interestingly, I gained 8lbs in maybe 6 weeks, which says "water weight" to me. But I woke up today and was ready to focus on my weight, so focus it is!!

I have also been doing lots of reading on candida, toxic livers/kidneys, etc. and decided that I am going to focus on a detox plan (which may kill me, lol). I take a ton of Rx drugs, lots of benadryl (to help me sleep), and we all know that I'm addicted to Diet Coke (still, sigh). Add in the Diflucan for the never ending candida saga, and my liver is probably majorly taxed. Embarassed

One hurdle: I have a MAJOR 2 day client review May 14th-15th, and the workload for that is immense. So I am going to phase into this more slowly (as opposed to using the "I'll just wait" excuse), and hit the hardcore stuff when that is over.

Beth's "Hold Me Accountable" Plan of Action - Version 263

Week 1-3
- Phase out the Diet Coke
- Stick to healthy foods with low carbs (the Fat Flush Phase 1 protocol, but maybe not quite as stringent)
- Track everything in Fitday to make sure I eat enough (too little intake is usually my problem when dieting)
- Take my vitamins religiously
- Add the Cranberry Water and Hot Lemon drink from the Fat Flush protocol to help drop some of the water weight ahead of time
- Use my Chi exerciser to stimulate my lymphatic circulation to help facilitate toxin removal

Week 4
- Follow the Fat Flush Fast Track Detox - 7 Day Prequel
- Add in daily walks

Week 5
- Follow the Fat Flush Fast Track Detox - One day Fast
- Follow the Fat Flush Fast Track Detox - 3 Day Sequel to break the fast
- Begin following the Fat Flush Phase 1 protocol

Week 6 - 8
- Stay on the Fat Flush Phase 1 protocol, and then move to Phase 2 at the end of Week 8.

For those that are interested, the books that I referred to above are:

The Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman

This book details a 3 phase approach to managing your weight, toxicity, and general health...it focuses on a 30% protein, 30% carbs, 40% fat (but the RIGHT fats) mix. It pretty much looks like "clean eating" of whole foods, and is how I generally eat (when trying to be healthy), except with a little more carbs. However, she is VERY focused on the right foods that help flush fat out of your body, including spices that raise your metabolism and other fun stuff.

She also recommends a multitude of supplements to support and facilitate weight loss. She markets her own supplements (no shocker there) but also suggests that people can replicate them at their local supplement shop if they prefer...she just wants you to take them.

Interestingly, much of what she said many years ago is just now being accepted by mainstream doctors, such as low fat not being the best approach, the presence of brown fat, etc. I also learned quite a bit about how the body actually gets rid of fat...stuff I had never read in any other weight loss book. I would definitely recommend book, if only for the educational component on how to better lose weight and the nutritional aspects.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Flush-Plan-Louise-Gittleman/dp/0071383832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240894955&sr=1-1

The Fast Track Detox Diet: Boost metabolism, get rid of fattening toxins, jump-start weight loss and keep the pounds off for good by Ann Louise Gittleman

This "detox" can be a dieting kick start, or a seasonal detox event. It is made up of a 7 day fast prep period, a 1 day fast with very specific liquid intake, and a 3 day fast break. It focuses on detoxing your liver and kidneys so that they can work more efficiently to help better fat metabolism and toxin cleansing going forward. You can accomplish some of this with the Fat Flush Phase 1, but not to the same degree. She developed this after the Fat Flush Plan...it is a bit too stringent for many people, and there is some touchy-feely visualization and meditation stuff in there. (yes, I skipped those parts Embarassed )

She recommends a week of prep PRIOR to the 7 day Prequel to phase out caffeine so that you are not hit so hard during the next 11 days.

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Track-Detox-Diet-metabolism/dp/0767920465/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240895246&sr=1-2

The reading was VERY interesting...now we'll see how it pans out in reality! Laughing Laughing Laughing I will keep everyone posted (and myself accountable) by periodically updating the thread. We'll see how it goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Well, my water weight theory has proven to be true...I lost 4.5lbs between yesterday and today just by adding the cranberry water and the hot lemon drink! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd share this link here for another 'detox' program;

https://www.drnatura.com/products.php

I've just started the "Colonix" program, and added the Paranil (liver + colon cleanse) to my detox plan..

They also have what's called "Toxinout", which is a liver and kidney cleanse, but I can't use that one because I have kidney issues.

Anyhoo, there is a great deal of info at the site, that some might find interesting.. (They also have pictures of what can be expected with the colon cleanse.. Shock Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Your plan sounds great Beth! You never cease to amaze me with how you figure all this stuff out.. I'm rootin' for ya .. Dancing Dancing

Please tell me more about the cranberry water + lemon.. Water weight is my middle name Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Anyhoo, there is a great deal of info at the site, that some might find interesting.. (They also have pictures of what can be expected with the colon cleanse.. Shock Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Just an FYI...those "things" that people expell during the colon cleanse are nothing but "psyllium ropes" due to all the fiber they take in as part of the cleanse.

Granted, they may drag some other stuff out with them in the process, but that amount of build up didn't exist before starting the cleanse.

I'll pm you on the other stuff. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI...those "things" that people expell during the colon cleanse are nothing but "psyllium ropes" due to all the fiber they take in as part of the cleanse.

Granted, they may drag some other stuff out with them in the process, but that amount of build up didn't exist before starting the cleanse.

That is hilarious! But you are right on the amount of build up not being there before the cleanse. Anyone ever have a colonoscopy? You have a prep you take to flush you out. I don't think anyone sees those "ropes" when they are doing that prep and if they were in your colon, you would know after your prep! Laughing
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Nadine ; what diet are you in ..Ho many pounds do you need to loose....

Hi, talyta -
Sorry for taking so long to reply! Everyone in the challenge is using their own method for weight loss. As for me, I just decided to cut back on calories, and exercise for 30-45 minutes each morning. My biggest problem is portion control. I would like to lose 30 lbs.

Wish me luck! Very Happy

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |